the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auditioned a drummer the other day

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Not quite sure how it went. The guys has some skills, just dont know how well it meshes....

I have a really crappy audio sample of it, I mean really terrible.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I'd give it a listen. I can even get motherfuckers to audition where I am. Everybody is a goddamn flake. I've had countless replies to an online add I posted and when I try and set up a jam they either cancel last minute or just completely disappear all together.

Fucking frustrating as hell.Don't tell me you're gonna do something if you're not gonna do it.

HydrasBreath wrote:I'd give it a listen. I can even get motherfuckers to audition where I am. Everybody is a goddamn flake. I've had countless replies to an online add I posted and when I try and set up a jam they either cancel last minute or just completely disappear all together.

Fucking frustrating as hell.Don't tell me you're gonna do something if you're not gonna do it.

Word

I live in a small city so its hard for me too these days.

This guy was pretty solid, but has a punk background, so Im not sure if hes right for me.

sheep

sheep

It never hurts to try something new and branch out.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Sym wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:I'd give it a listen. I can even get motherfuckers to audition where I am. Everybody is a goddamn flake. I've had countless replies to an online add I posted and when I try and set up a jam they either cancel last minute or just completely disappear all together.

Word

I live in a small city so its hard for me too these days.

This guy was pretty solid, but has a punk background, so Im not sure if hes right for me.

Give some crust punk/grind a try man. Sheep's right.

Bring some technicality to the rawness.

I think Im gonna keep him.....

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I dont get you Sym

You say Dogs are too much work yet your hiring a punk drummer

Hey!

I cant find a competent drummer so save my life!

Ill take one when I can find one

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Fine but your walking him and feeding him

and if he shits inside your cleaning it up

You might also want to consider getting him neutered

Frostbyrn wrote:Fine but your walking him and feeding him

and if he shits inside your cleaning it up

You might also want to consider getting him neutered

Very Happy

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Please don't neuter your drummer.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Do the opposite of what Greg says

Auditioned a drummer the other day Kronk-shoulder-devil

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Please don't neuter your drummer.

Yeah seriously... Lobotomies are much more effective Razz

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Oh and I got an email from one of those random flake drummers that bailed on me yesterday... See where this goes I guess because like Sym drummers are a rare commodity where I am.

Ive learned to hate drummers

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Ive learned to hate drummers

When you find the right one it's glorious being able to play off each other but yeah I've played with my fair share of idiots that don't know what I'm talking about when I say there's x number of beats per measure and that just can't take direction and need things explained a million times.

trying to play the stuff I write is pretty well a lost cause with those type of drummers.

I've only ever found one drummer that was really good and that I meshed with well. I'm trying to get him in on the new stuff I've been writing lately but he's in another band right now so it's proving difficult to get him to commit.

I love the morons who dont understand syncopation

Its like noooooo you idiot you cant just speed up here whenever the fuck you feel like it.....the whole point of the riff is be jarring and change beats

Drummer - Well a good guitarist would be able to adjust

Me- scratch

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:I love the morons who dont understand syncopation

Its like noooooo you idiot you cant just speed up here whenever the fuck you feel like it.....the whole point of the riff is be jarring and change beats

Drummer - Well a good guitarist would be able to adjust

Me- scratch

haha yeah not every note needs to fall directly on the up or down beat.

I hate the ones that don't speak music and you have to like sing the beats to them and they still don't get it right.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Hey, fuck you!

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:

Hey, fuck you!

Rockin!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum