Ante
Epyk MD
Metalzoic
Artimise Flare
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Sup, just curious and trying to pass the time. For all of you who are anime fans, which series or movie was the one that first got you into Anime?

Funny enough, for me, I didn't even know I was watching anime until I was around 9 years old, my first being My Neighbor Totoro and Speed racer respectively.

I'd say Pokemon was my first Anime that I got into in all seriousness, following it almost religiously back in the day, early in the morning right before school.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Maybe Galaxy Express in the theaters. It was a double feature with Popeye (Robin Williams).

Not much of an anime person anymore simply because the quality ones seemed few and far between.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

ninja scrolls.

shit blew my mind.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Don't watch a lot of the new ones, I tend to go back and watch the series I grew up with. Though there are a few new ones that are pretty decent.

Ante

Ante

ronin warriors

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

well i guess dragon ball may have been my first.
cartoon network back in the day.

Pariah

Pariah

Dragon Ball

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Dragon Ball/ Pokemon ...

My favourite though is Rurouni Kenshin ... its Manga was my first and last fall into manga...it was sooo good

chunckylover53

I really have no idea.. The first anime that i actually followed through with was Naruto though.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I've fallen away from many series to be honest, so many of the mainstream series go on for what seems like forever. I always enjoyed series that had a clear cut beginning and end.

Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin, I stopped shortly after him defeating Shishio

Dragon Ball/Z I stopped after they defeated Majin Buu (Series was only really good IMO up until the end of the Cell saga)

Yu Yu Hakusho, after the Dark Tournament it went down hill IMO

Naruto never got into it since everyone I knew kept spoiling it for me

Bleach Same as Naruto

The Series that I could easily name my favorites?

Darker than Black, Fate Stay night, Cowboy Bebop (This one was absolutely phenomenal), Trigun, Outlaw Star, Tora Dora (In terms of romantic comedies, by far one of my favorites), Gundam Wing, Gundam 08th MS team among others.

I think the only Anime that I've stuck with that stretched for more than a couple of seasons is Ranma 1/2 and I think Tenchi Muuyo

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Full Metal Alchemist

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Vandread.

Good times.

sheep

sheep

Inu Yasha! Best ever bitches.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

sheep wrote:Inu Yasha! Best ever bitches.

totally forgot about that

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I liked Inuyasha, but like so many other series, it just went on for forever. I lost track how many times they killed Naraku. He was like a bad itch that wouldn't go away. Just my opinion of course.

I don't remember, did Inuyasha ever end or is it still going on?

I've been thinking of looking into Full Metal Panic as it looks like it would be a good one, I think I watched an episode or two from it and it was pretty funny.

Shakugan No Shana also looks like it would be a good one to get into as well.

sheep

sheep

I still haven't watched it past season 2 or 3 I think because they kept taking it off the air or moving the time around. I was watching it on Netflix. Kind of sucked it wasn't dubbed. And then it was gone.

Inu Yasha is so less cool when he screams in a girly Japanese voice imo.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Agreed, there are a few (very few) anime series out there that are actually better in English, Dragon Ball Z is one such series. I normally watch Anime in Japanese though, and have become accustomed to such voice acting.

It is likely due to the fact that many Anime Seiyuu are female, and typically take on the roles of youthful males in anime, as was the case in Rurouni Kenshin.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

omg....so many good times watching Pokemon....was so sad I never got to watch it when they switched from like pbs kids to the WBN network because only rich people had that cable package back then >__>

after I couldn't watch pokemon anymore,Digimon,then it got canceled I guess,but was really cool.

Dragon Ball Z....ah...prob. my fav show ever

Outlaw Star...I think is great and underrated

The Big-O

Gundam Wing

Yugioh

I'm going to go cry now and remember the old Toonami

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I remember when Toonami was good, first thing I used to do when I came home from school was anxiously wait until it came on to watch Gundam Wing, DBZ, Rurouni Kenshin among others. Toonami Midnight run was also amazing when it was still good.

American cartoons let alone anime has taken a dive since then IMO. Most of the shows I watch I hear and learn about from message boards or image boards. About half of my current library consists of series most have never heard of.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I haven't had tv in years,most of it is crap now and not worth paying for haha.I'd either watch it online,or thinking of getting netflix again

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I don't think I've seriously sat down and watched TV in years. Most of the stuff makes me feel like my brain is melting due to the stupidity. Discovery Channel and Animal Planet, both being educational channels IMO have even been infected by the crap that's been popping up on TV as of late sadly.

I miss TV series like Wild Discovery and the like.

Has anyone heard of Sword Art Online? I've been hearing some pretty good reviews about it so far, though I'm not sure if I want to look into it. Apparently it's similar to .Hack//sign and the .Hack series

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Sailor Moon...still one of my favorites.

sheep

sheep

I pretty much only watch Big Bang Theory on tv. And the Simpsons.

chunckylover53

Artimise Flare wrote:

Has anyone heard of Sword Art Online? I've been hearing some pretty good reviews about it so far, though I'm not sure if I want to look into it. Apparently it's similar to .Hack//sign and the .Hack series

I know that my brother won't stfu about it, so it should be pretty good.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I think the first would probably be Astro Boy...I used to watch that in kindergarden/grade one in the mornings before school. Dragon Ball and Speed Racer where some other early ones I watched.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum