menacinglemon
Kenshiro
The Adli Corporation
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

I honestly don't think that the Bungie guy is slamming m/kb, to me it just reads like an unfortunate train of thought kinda thing. this is exactly the kind of thing that the internet just loves to pick up and run with, though. given the resulting fuss, it'll be interesting if a follow up statement is made soon to clear up any confusion.

In any case, and as much as I love Halo, it does come across to me as a very arrogant thing to have said.

As for whether or not there will be a pc version, or any reason why there wouldn't be one...I have no idea.

I'd actually be quite surprised if this does make it to 360/PS3, given the scope of the project and the projected 10 year plan and 2014 release, it just seems somewhat redundant to put resources on formats that everyone knows are on the way out. I think it might just be a foil in lieu of the new consoles being officially announced.

meh...I guess there's a lot about the game that we just don't know yet. I'm definitely interested, though.

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

Sym wrote:http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/18/mouse-keyboard-still-a-major-player-in-fps-market/#more-142705

Lol - I can imagine the Bungie guy just said some shit and went to bed. He'll wake up in the morning to see this shitstorm the internet has worked itself into and think "fuuuuuuu....." Very Happy

MADEWITHROBOTS wrote:I honestly don't think that the Bungie guy is slamming m/kb, to me it just reads like an unfortunate train of thought kinda thing. this is exactly the kind of thing that the internet just loves to pick up and run with, though. given the resulting fuss, it'll be interesting if a follow up statement is made soon to clear up any confusion.

In any case, and as much as I love Halo, it does come across to me as a very arrogant thing to have said.

As for whether or not there will be a pc version, or any reason why there wouldn't be one...I have no idea.

I'd actually be quite surprised if this does make it to 360/PS3, given the scope of the project and the projected 10 year plan and 2014 release, it just seems somewhat redundant to put resources on formats that everyone knows are on the way out. I think it might just be a foil in lieu of the new consoles being officially announced.

meh...I guess there's a lot about the game that we just don't know yet. I'm definitely interested, though.

Robots you are the man

Every post is so well thought out, and put together.

I enjoy having debates with you for this reason.

Your probably right, he didnt mean to slam m/kb, but it was a stupid thing to say lmao.

Zillah

Zillah

I think from a money-making point of view, the console FPS market is a lot bigger. Bungie is a business, and the only reason I can think of for them not to release this on PC would be for financial reasons. Maybe they figure its just not worth it.

....and maybe we're looking too much into one vague anecdote a year before the game is even launched

oh, and fuck keyboards i typed this whole message with my xbox controller.

Zillah wrote:I think from a money-making point of view, the console FPS market is a lot bigger. Bungie is a business, and the only reason I can think of for them not to release this on PC would be for financial reasons. Maybe they figure its just not worth it.

....and maybe we're looking too much into one vague anecdote a year before the game is even launched

Shocked

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Zillah wrote:oh, and fuck keyboards i typed this whole message with my xbox controller.

I agree.

Zillah

Zillah

Sym wrote:
Zillah wrote:I think from a money-making point of view, the console FPS market is a lot bigger. Bungie is a business, and the only reason I can think of for them not to release this on PC would be for financial reasons. Maybe they figure its just not worth it.

Shocked

Most people that think typing with a gamepad is hard probably havent ever even used one, and probably just suck at video games in general.

its also the secret to bypassing the wrоng censor, n00b

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Zillah wrote:
Sym wrote:

Shocked

Most people that think typing with a gamepad is hard probably havent ever even used one, and probably just suck at video games in general.

I just talk to the Kinect and it types it for me, problem is you can't swear with it because it was developed by communists.

America was built on swearing dammit!

Zillah wrote:
Sym wrote:

Shocked

I've used a console for most of my life, and I'm pretty decent at most games. So that doesn't apply in my case.

Unless there is some recent shortcut to make it quicker, KB is still the way to go for text input. This is all IMO of course, but there is no comparison to the speed you can get from a KB. It took me maybe 25 seconds if that top type this whole message. Just saying

Edit- Oh and this beer Im drinking is god damn amazing

Zillah

Zillah

Sym wrote:
Zillah wrote:
Sym wrote:

Shocked

I've used a console for most of my life, and I'm pretty decent at most games. So that doesn't apply in my case.

Unless there is some recent shortcut to make it quicker, KB is still the way to go for text input. This is all IMO of course, but there is no comparison to the speed you can get from a KB. It took me maybe 25 seconds if that top type this whole message. Just saying

There is, they changed the whole layout from being abcde... to qwerty a little while back which makes it a lot more natural. only problem is that typing wears out the joysticks pretty fast

Pariah

Pariah

It's not difficult to type with an xbox controller, it's just annoying because it takes a while.

Zillah, there are a lot of ways to get around the censor.

Zillah

Zillah

Pariah wrote:It's not difficult to type with an xbox controller, it's just annoying because it takes a while.

n00b

Zillah

Zillah

just kidding though I havent touched my xbox in a month.

Interesting..... didn't know about that

I thought you meant virtual KB on the screen with the gamepad scrolling through the letters and numbers....I was like " Zillah must have smoked too much tonight" Shocked

Last time I used an Xbox was over a year ago, so maybe they have some new technique that can enhance the speed.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

you could always plug a keyboard in via usb I believe to the xbox,pretty impractical though. I just leave the xbox.com website up and send messages that way normally

I always wondered if that little chat pad add-on for the controller was worth it...probably not

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

Sym wrote:
MADEWITHROBOTS wrote:I honestly don't think that the Bungie guy is slamming m/kb, to me it just reads like an unfortunate train of thought kinda thing. this is exactly the kind of thing that the internet just loves to pick up and run with, though. given the resulting fuss, it'll be interesting if a follow up statement is made soon to clear up any confusion.

Robots you are the man

Every post is so well thought out, and put together.

I enjoy having debates with you for this reason.

Your probably right, he didnt mean to slam m/kb, but it was a stupid thing to say lmao.

Hey, thanks man! I do enjoy a good meaty debate, haha Very Happy

I certainly don't mean to sound like Bungie Defence Force, though - maybe the guy just is a dick hahaha Laughing

Oh, also - I've owned one of those 360 chatpads for about 3 years and I think I've used it about 5 times. I don't like to leave it plugged in, so most of the time I just can't be arsed. You can use apps these days to send messages on XBL anyway, so that's much easier.

I do like the way all the little letters light up on it though Rockin!

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:I just dont see why this game needs to be a console exclusive.

i think Microsoft want an answer to Dust 514, the PS3 exclusive. Dust 514 looks pretty cool, and i would definitely play it if i had a PS3/if it was on PC. it makes sense that a Xbox equivalent would be in the works.

plus if it came out on PC too, it would face competition from a whole bunch of other F2P shooters like Planetside 2, Firefall, Tribes, TF2, Blacklight, etc. the F2P market it becoming very large on PC Razz

and as a side note, i just found out that i can use the mouse at the same time as a gamepad on JC2. Gamepad for driving/paragliding, KB/M for combat. so awesome Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum