Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Platform exclusives need to die( now about nipples )

+12
Ars Diaboli
JrTapia1991
chunckylover53
Frostbyrn
StormEye
sheep
Ron Swanson
HydrasBreath ♜
Kenshiro
Ante
Kitsune
The Adli Corporation
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Seriously

Its pointless

Metal Gear Solid 5 will be console only

I just cant understand the reasoning behind making the MGS series console only. PC had every iteration until Snake Eater.

I dunno it just annoys me.

First party games from Sony COULD be PS4 exclusives I guess, considering they aren't a PC developer. But everything from Microsoft should be on PC, and all 3rd party games should go to PC as well. There is no excuse for it. Its literally the easiest port job there ever was.

I dont agree with PC exclusives either. Diablo 3 going to PS3 and 4 is a great thing. More people get to play an awesome genre.

Torchlight 2 should be on consoles, they can handle it.

Im just ranting now, but I was really hoping for a high end version of MGS5, not a port for fucking CURRENT gen consoles. So weak.....

inbeforeSYMisaPCfanboy

Last edited by Sym on 2013-03-31, 18:44; edited 1 time in total

Also

Other examples

Currently GTA5

In the past Red Dead Redemption

Rockstar can suck it. Even though Max Payne 3 was nice....

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

fucking RDR.

so pissed that isnt on PC. i'd buy it straight away, full price.

Kitsune

Kitsune

Only reason I keep my 360 around anymore really. That, and because I currently am using a 7 year old laptop that's a toaster and can barely run anything, unless I put it in windowed, lowest resolution, and minimum graphics on everything, lol.

They do it as system sellers

Which is just fucking retarded because Sony and Microsoft throw around shit loads of money to get them exclusives.

Ante

Ante

I agree Sym. I agree.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah, loss leaders are big business. Valve does the same for DotA2 and TF2. even if they run at a loss, they get so many people involved in steam because of those games.

i got a steam account to try out TF2 and now i have a ton of games due to sales and the fact i dont have to take a 30m bus journey to buy a game. TF2 has made Valve a whole bunch of sales since i joined steam because of it.

and it does fucking suck for everyone else. so many good PC games that wont go to console and vice versa.

Yea this has nothing to do with PC being my preferred platform

This is totally 100% about everybody getting to play great games without having to buy a PC, as well as every console.

Even m/kb driven games on PC should be ported to console. PS3 has support for them, so whats the hold up?

Kitsune

Kitsune

I love Steam, no trip to get a game, and there's tons of good sales.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:Yea this has nothing to do with PC being my preferred platform

This is totally 100% about everybody getting to play great games without having to buy a PC, as well as every console.

Even m/kb driven games on PC should be ported to console. PS3 has support for them, so whats the hold up?

well tbh, a lot of PC games have controller support anyway, despite not being on console.

I love Steam as well

For the most part

Their customer service kinda sucks

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Kitsune wrote:I love Steam, no trip to get a game, and there's tons of good sales.

indeed. apart from DRM bullshit, i love digital distribution. its made gaming a lot easier and cheaper, both in price and cost to acquire Razz

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

PC gaming isn't very big in Japan. Thus most exclusives being from there. As for other ones, it's more "buy our console, it has these games!" from the big 3.

MH wrote:PC gaming isn't very big in Japan. Thus most exclusives being from there. As for other ones, it's more "buy our console, it has these games!" from the big 3.

In bold is a factor for sure

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:
MH wrote:PC gaming isn't very big in Japan. Thus most exclusives being from there. As for other ones, it's more "buy our console, it has these games!" from the big 3.

In bold is a factor for sure

which is kinda weird since Japan is a very tech oriented and savvy country.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

TBH, if there weren't such competition over exclusives and the like there would probably only be one console. Which could be good and bad, but when you think about it if every game was made for every console whats to keep the console war alive. Hell, it might be that we didn't have consoles at all.

Just a thought.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Hank Hill wrote:TBH, if there weren't such competition over exclusives and the like there would probably only be one console. Which could be good and bad, but when you think about it if every game was made for every console whats to keep the console war alive. Hell, it might be that we didn't have consoles at all.

Just a thought.

the problem being? Very Happy

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The Adli Corporation wrote:
Hank Hill wrote:TBH, if there weren't such competition over exclusives and the like there would probably only be one console. Which could be good and bad, but when you think about it if every game was made for every console whats to keep the console war alive. Hell, it might be that we didn't have consoles at all.

Just a thought.

the problem being? Very Happy

Didn't say it would be a problem, just an observation.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Just a thought.

Not necessarily if you make the parallel to the battle between NVIDIA and AMD in the PC hardware market (or you could use Intel and AMD too)

one is better performing and more expensive while the other is less performing wile still comparable but more bang for your buck.

if exclusives went away I'd say one console either sony or xbox would end up on top with better hardware and a higher pricetag for the more hardcore gamers who don't care about price so much then the other console would be relegated to the more casual and value oriented crowd.

two consoles could coexist as long as one is ok with slashing their price and being relegated to being the others bitch in terms of performance.

Sym wrote:Also

Other examples

Currently GTA5

In the past Red Dead Redemption

Rockstar can suck it. Even though Max Payne 3 was nice....

GTA5 will be on PC, every other (main) GTA game was ported. The reason RDR never got ported was because the code was such a mess it would have required to basically remake the game.

sheep

sheep

The only exclusive that bothers me is God of War, cause I wanna play it but I don't want a new Playstation. Just don't like them, the... interface, bothers me.

Also, competition is good.

StormEye

StormEye

HydrasBreath wrote:which is kinda weird since Japan is a very tech oriented and savvy country.

No~~~~~~~~~~~

They may have tech, but its only utilized by very few minority of people within Japan.

Also, even if there are people who are tech savvy, they are savvy in a completely useless way, in terms of PC gaming. They are all crazy about phones, and they do actually have some sort of fear about PC gaming.

On top of that, the main sellers of PC gaming, and console gaming in Western world in some cases, are FPS and RTS. Those two are not so popular in Japan.

PC gaming in Asia is not strong at all. The only exception is Korea, where SOCIETY (not just parents) forbids younger demographics from playing games, so buying a console would be almost suicidal. But everyone has PC, even if it is 10 years old. So game developers make low dev cost low performance games in masses for PC. All blockbuster titles are imports (as in made in Western world), and mostly they are all pirated, as buying games is considered taboo (society considers that its a sin to play videogame, and younger demographic considers to be just stupid to buy games just to get bashed by society).

StormEye wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:which is kinda weird since Japan is a very tech oriented and savvy country.

No~~~~~~~~~~~

They may have tech, but its only utilized by very few minority of people within Japan.

Also, even if there are people who are tech savvy, they are savvy in a completely useless way, in terms of PC gaming. They are all crazy about phones, and they do actually have some sort of fear about PC gaming.

On top of that, the main sellers of PC gaming, and console gaming in Western world in some cases, are FPS and RTS. Those two are not so popular in Japan.

PC gaming in Asia is not strong at all. The only exception is Korea, where SOCIETY (not just parents) forbids younger demographics from playing games, so buying a console would be almost suicidal. But everyone has PC, even if it is 10 years old. So game developers make low dev cost low performance games in masses for PC. All blockbuster titles are imports (as in made in Western world), and mostly they are all pirated, as buying games is considered taboo (society considers that its a sin to play videogame, and younger demographic considers to be just stupid to buy games just to get bashed by society).

That does explain the massive amount of f2p games in south korea. A funny thing I heard is that in order to play online there, most companies force you to provide your social security number when you make your account. Even more bizarre is that some comapanies like nexon will not allow you to make an account if you are a foreigner (even if you immigrated to south korea).

Last edited by Tom on 2013-03-29, 07:58; edited 1 time in total

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

If Steam were actually good in Asia, outside of possibly China, then there might be a shift to PC oriented gaming.

And Storm is right, Nips do have some sort of irrational fear of PC games, outside of some F2P ones.

China itself is fine with PCs I guess, considering most of the younger generation are really into MMOs and such. WC3 DOTA is still being played there by the millions to this day.

StormEye

StormEye

Tom wrote:That does explain the massive amount of f2p games in south korea. A funny thing I heard is that in order to play online there, most companies force you to provide your social security number when you make your account. Even more bizarre is that some comapanies like nexon will not allow you to make an account if you are a foreigner (even if immigrated).

Absolutely true.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

WTF Rem

Seriously using the word Nips?

chunckylover53

StormEye wrote:
Tom wrote:That does explain the massive amount of f2p games in south korea. A funny thing I heard is that in order to play online there, most companies force you to provide your social security number when you make your account. Even more bizarre is that some comapanies like nexon will not allow you to make an account if you are a foreigner (even if immigrated).

Absolutely true.

Ha i remember trying to play some kind of MMO that asked me for my SSI..
No that didn't look like a huge scam >.>

Also Nexon=shit

StormEye

StormEye

chunckylover53 wrote:Also Nexon=shit

Thats pretty much on the point, even among Korean (true) gamers.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Frostbyrn wrote:WTF Rem

I can't use shorthand for Nihhonjin?

Ante

Ante

MH wrote:

Well... it is an extremely racist term.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Ante wrote:
MH wrote:

Well, I honestly didn't know that. I'll refrain from now on.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

MH wrote:
Ante wrote:
MH wrote:

Well, I honestly didn't know that. I'll refrain from now on.

I use the word nips all the time. As in "check out that girls nips" or "lay off the nips"

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I never heard of it as a racist term,although I'm in the redneck south,I'm surprised I haven't heard every one in the book down here >__>

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I only know nips as nipples.

Just a thought.

Im talking 3rd party games

As I said in the first post

First Party games I understand, from Sony and Nintendo.

Third Party games should all be multi plat imo

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:

Just a thought.

Im talking 3rd party games

As I said in the first post

First Party games I understand, from Sony and Nintendo.

Third Party games should all be multi plat imo

I wouldn't mind Nintendo games being multi-plat I'd probably enjoy playing some of the newer zeldas and metroids they've come out with.

I know it'll probably never happen unless they tank and go software only though.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Nips is a derogatory term for Japanese people if you guys didnt know

Shut up Cracker

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Why is that derogatory...? I don't know, it would be like me getting offended by the term "mex".

Or something.

Then again, I tend to not give a shit about that, or any politically correct stuff. For me, "japs" is just a short way for Japanese, and it's apparently racist too ._. WTF.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Who is the asian equivalent to Jesse Jackson?

Whoever he is I'm gonna call him up and we are gonna march on all you racist bastards!

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Kiss it!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Kiss it!

Platform exclusives need to die( now about nipples ) Kiss-kiss-24186364-1728-1080

Thanks for ruining my thread SeC

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Platform exclusives need to die( now about nipples ) 625475_160355940791406_9893584_n

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Thanks for ruining my thread SeC

I don't think we've managed to stay on topic in the history of ever... You knew the deal when you made the thread Very Happy

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Now kiss it!

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:Thanks for ruining my thread SeC

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jGRVT9u4L8Y?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I think the different platforms actually need more exclusives. Except for PC of course.

Metalzoic wrote:I think the different platforms actually need more exclusives. Except for PC of course.

You do realize that a strong PC market maintains a strong console market right?

Pariah

Pariah

Ante wrote:
MH wrote:

I'm too tired to read the rest of this thread, but I'm correcting you right now.

Nihhonjin is a term for Ethnic Japanese. Like, 98.5% of the population of japan is Nihhonjin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum