menacinglemon
Ante
JrTapia1991
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

http://gamerant.com/xbox-one-cross-play-mouse-keyboard/

the console players would get crushed by the no lifers on pc that master every game, although the controller with auto aim on console would be an equalizer

I think this is the first I've heard of this though.....wasn't Sony saying the same thing about bf4 on ps4 being mouse/keyboard?

Ante

Ante

JrTapia1991 wrote:the console players would get crushed by the no lifers on pc that master every game, although the controller with auto aim on console would be an equalizer

haha what the fuck?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

wouldn't the auto aim on console kinda equal things out or would they still get chumped?

edit: I didn't just mean pc people would be no lifers, I more so meant all the shitbucket lvl 100 tryhards that ruin the game, on bf3 I'd just usually quit the match when they joined and started ruining stuff and insta killing

Ante

Ante

It would have to be shit like GTA5 where ADSing anywhere near a target automatically snaps to and tracks them.

aim assist in shooters like BF and CoD couldn't keep up with the precision of a mouse.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

it was actually painful to play gta5 like that lol but the auto aim was the only way to not get killed pretty much, maybe the ps3 controller just feels weird as hell, there's barely any resistance on the analog sticks like the xbox controller has

Ante

Ante

yeah the auto aim in GTA5 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

JrTapia1991 wrote:it was actually painful to play gta5 like that lol but the auto aim was the only way to not get killed pretty much, maybe the ps3 controller just feels weird as hell, there's barely any resistance on the analog sticks like the xbox controller has
I have it turned off.............. I just move the reticle to cover their face and then shoot

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Mouse > Controller. you'd need aimbot-tier aim assist to compensate for a controller.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I was thinking that was a horrible idea for the ps4 bf4 too

StormEye

StormEye

IIRC, GTA4 auto aim was, hold LT, slightly tap right stick, headshot, headshot, headshot, headshot...

Chewy

Chewy

Aside from GTA style auto aim, there's no way normal auto aim would even it out.

I feel like the vast majority of people would still use gamepads if it were a console though.

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

The Adli Corporation wrote:Mouse > Controller. you'd need aimbot-tier aim assist to compensate for a controller.
Disagree. No doubt mouse is more precise, but it's very much possible to get very good, fast and accurate with a pad - aim assist is not needed, but unfortunately it's default and people are too used to the crutch.

The learning curve is steep for a pad without assists, but very scalable with some practice. I always turn all assists off whenever I'm given the option, and I don't have a problem competing with those that use them.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Killzone Shadow Fall will have no assists in multiplayer at all, which is something I fully support and would happily see more of.

You wont find many people agreeing that a controller is as precise as a mouse

Its really not even close imo, with our without aim assist.

Its a non contest to me.

You just cant match it with a thimbstick imo

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

I said 'no doubt mouse is more precise' - my point is that the 'inaccuracy' of a good pad is overstated, and aim assists are not necessary for good performance.

Word I missed that

I re read your post and haha, yea I tend to agree.

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

Rockin!

I always turned off aim assist in game if it was available when I still played on console.

RDR let you do this and it was awesome

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Aim assist is lame. I don't think I've ever used it.

I never liked how it jerked your sights, sometime at another target, when taking aim.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah I would usually turn off aim assist whenever I could.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Playing ME3 MP the aim assist it just rediculous. I really really wish I could turn it off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum