Microsoft to kill off MS points system

+3
Ron Swanson
Chewy
chunckylover53
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chunckylover53

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/15/4332830/microsoft-points-moving-to-gift-card-system

Chewy

Chewy

Holy shit, Microsoft is actually making a change that benefits the consumers???

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Yeah, MS points suck my balls. Kinda surprised that they actually scrapped them tbh.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Dr. Spaceman wrote:Yeah, MS points suck my balls. Kinda surprised that they actually scrapped them tbh.

well it makes sense, the new system lets them use it across the next-gen Xbox, Windows 8 store, Windows Phone, probably the 360 too since its replacing MSP.

and the cards are in legal tender, so DLC will show up as $5 or $10 instead of some vague 800 MSP value, where you have to go look the actual cost up somewhere Razz

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

surprised it took em so long

Pariah

Pariah

JrTapia1991 wrote:surprised it took em so long

Are you really? Does it actually surprise you that MS took a long time to fix something?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Razz I read about them doing away with it a year or two ago but then it never happened Razz

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Pariah wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:surprised it took em so long

Are you really? Does it actually surprise you that MS took a long time to fix something?

"Fix" isn't really the right term for it. They were working as intended.

By that i mean they were intended to force people to waste a couple extra dollars every now and again when they wish to purchase downloadable content as a little extra "free" profit for MS.

sheep

sheep

What's going to happen to our left over MS Points though. That's the question.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

sheep wrote:What's going to happen to our left over MS Points though. That's the question.

i dunno.

i also dont know what will happen to all of the MSP gift cards already in circulation. not sure if they will stop printing the cards, but still redeem them, until none are left. they could also do a mass recall but that would cost them Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum