Dropped Da Soap
HydrasBreath ♜
Frostbyrn
Ante
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ante

Ante

http://pixelenemy.com/battlefield-4-china-rising-dlc-outed-by-origin-china-setting-for-multiplayer-confirmed/?fb_source=pubv1

So China are the big baddies this time around?

Damn you Storm!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Storm is South Korean

Ante

Ante

Damn him anyways!

But he lives in China no?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah Hong Kong I think

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

so question...does premium carry over from battlefield 3? I'm gonna guess no but one can always hope...

HydrasBreath wrote:so question...does premium carry over from battlefield 3? I'm gonna guess no but one can always hope...

Nope.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

My guess is those who have premium might get added bonuses, or maybe a slight discount on premium for battlefield 4

Ante

Ante

The Question wrote:My guess is those who have premium might get added bonuses, or maybe a slight discount on premium for battlefield 4

afaik there will be some sort of reward for previous premium owners. probably just dogtags or some shit.

Its EA

I doubt we will get anything of substance

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

EA always gives you substance

It may be the stuff that came out when they jerked off all over your face

But its still substance Very Happy

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

well we get access to the beta so there's that I guess.

Ah well thats better than nothing I guess.....

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Neat.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Game's not even out for another 5 or so months and there's already DLC.

It's kinda sad that it's not surprising anymore.

StormEye

StormEye

Battlefield 4: China Rising DLC outed OhysC624BE60C9C0B9CCC0ACB791B9CCC788C73CBA74C0C1AD00C5C6C796C54407D654Onii-chanDakedoAiSaeArebaKankeinaiyone-07AT-X1280x720x264AACmp4_00-1

Yes its pretty crazy they are already gonna be marketing DLC.......

Ante

Ante

Ars Diaboli wrote:Game's not even out for another 5 or so months and there's already DLC.

It's kinda sad that it's not surprising anymore.

Fuck planning ahead to increase the longevity of multiplayer. Because we all know the BF3 DLC was a complete fucking waste of money and that DICE should've used their infinite manpower and corporate billions to include all of it on disc for free, right?

The devs that make these games pour their souls into it, and if the content they make is high quality and enjoyable you can be damn well sure I'll support their hard work with a measly 5-15 dollars.

Don't like it, don't buy it. There are still plenty of BF3 servers that play strictly vanilla maps. BF4 will be no different.

Edit: Does no one remember BtK? That was marketed eons before BF3 came out, and if I remember correctly it was pretty well received. You guys realize this is a preorder incentive too right? It'll likely be free, just like BtK.

I think Ars is just frustrated with devs pushing DLC so hard and furiously.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

It's more on the lines of what Sym said, Ante. There's some pretty good DLC out there (though most sucks Razz).

But looking back, expansions packs were more often than not a better value for your money than the DLC nowadays, and they went extinct in favor of said DLC, which is now being pushed hard and tends to be very lacking.

I just don't find the DLC practices all that good, but there are exceptions.

The only DLC Ive ever really enjoyed was the expansions for FO3 and New Vegas

The map packs for BF3 were solid I suppose

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah it says on Origin if you preorder BF4 you get china rising free

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

well, BtK was free when it came out. thats the main point. BtK wasnt Day One DLC, nor was it exclusive. it came out good while after BF3 released, it was just free to pre-order buyers, and cost money for everyone else.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

only dlc I've enjoyed was for fallout as well honestly

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Eh, I've enjoyed some of the DLC I have bought in the past. I do think its weak to have day one DLC and the like but so long as I play it and have fun its usually worth the $5-10 I invest in it.

Yea a DAY ONE DLC MAP PACK

WTF

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:Yea a DAY ONE DLC MAP PACK

WTF

its Day 1 DLC?

awww man, y u do dis EA?

The Adli Corporation wrote:

WTF

its Day 1 DLC?

awww man, y u do dis EA?

I thought so....

Maybe Im wring though....

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

still haven't pre ordered it,missed a sale for it for 35 and I'm going to wait for a sale lol

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:

WTF

its Day 1 DLC?

awww man, y u do dis EA?

I thought so....

i hope its like BtK when it was free when it came out for preorderers. it wasnt day-one and it wasnt exclusive, which was good.

Sym wrote:

WTF

its Day 1 DLC?

awww man, y u do dis EA?

I thought so....

i hope its like BtK when it was free when it came out for preorderers. it wasnt day-one and it wasnt exclusive, which was good.

I personally feel its bullshit to be developing extra maps before the game is even released. JUST PUT THEM IN THE DAMN GAME

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:I personally feel its bullshit to be developing extra maps before the game is even released. JUST PUT THEM IN THE DAMN GAME

yeah, pretty much.

unless its stuff that is post-gold. if you've already got the game locked down and on disk.

if you have staff doing nothing (eg not bug fixing) then imo its ok to develop more content. it cant be put into the base game since the base game is already gone ''to print'' as it were, yet its still cool content.

TB talked about it on one of his videos. i think it was one of the ME3 ones.

Pariah

Pariah

Dr. Spaceman wrote:Eh, I've enjoyed some of the DLC I have bought in the past. I do think its weak to have day one DLC and the like but so long as I play it and have fun its usually worth the $5-10 I invest in it.

I have a rule like this. I buy DLC if I believe there is a solid chance that I will enjoy it at least 3 hours for every dollar I spend. That's a pretty decent equation in my view.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Pariah wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:Eh, I've enjoyed some of the DLC I have bought in the past. I do think its weak to have day one DLC and the like but so long as I play it and have fun its usually worth the $5-10 I invest in it.

I have a rule like this. I buy DLC if I believe there is a solid chance that I will enjoy it at least 3 hours for every dollar I spend. That's a pretty decent equation in my view.

generally yes, but its games too for me. some games get away with being less time played (eg Antichamber, Machinarium, Botanicula) by being absolutely astounding and brilliant to play.

others just blow the price out of the water with time played. i have 100h+ on New Vegas, 80h+ on Skyrim, and over a month on Minecraft (pretty good value for money right there).

if a game costs less than a pint, chances are im going to get value for money pretty easily Razz

Ante

Ante

Sym wrote:I personally feel its bullshit to be developing extra maps before the game is even released. JUST PUT THEM IN THE DAMN GAME

yeah, pretty much.

unless its stuff that is post-gold. if you've already got the game locked down and on disk.

if you have staff doing nothing (eg not bug fixing) then imo its ok to develop more content. it cant be put into the base game since the base game is already gone ''to print'' as it were, yet its still cool content.

I'm willing to bet that China Rising is nothing but a bunch of notes and ideas scribbled in a binder or on a whiteboard right now. There is absolutely nothing wring with planning ahead, especially for content that is set to be developed after the game has gone gold.

Ante wrote:

yeah, pretty much.

I'm willing to bet that China Rising is nothing but a bunch of notes and ideas scribbled in a binder or on a whiteboard right now. There is absolutely nothing wring with planning ahead, especially for content that is set to be developed after the game has gone gold.

I sure hope your right

But it wouldnt surprise me one bit if these maps were already in development

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ante wrote:There is absolutely nothing wring with planning ahead, especially for content that is set to be developed after the game has gone gold.

indeed Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum