the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol Empty Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol 2013-06-11, 12:31

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

me and Hydra were playing for awhile,I was trying to build up then Alexander the great runs into my home city with about 20 people for no reason declaring war on me

later on Native Americans declare war on him,then Korea teams up with them....pretty much the only thing in the world we weren't at war with was Ghandi lol.

going to look up how to start off really well. Native Americans just kept spamming great wonders and it seemed to work out good for them. That's what I was going to do but I was totally caught off guard by my city being attacked for no reason.

is it bad to expand too quickly?I only had 4 cities,but they were taking soooo long to build stuff even though for all of my cities,I had already improved the tiles with workers for everything. I guess it didn't help it started me off next to alot of desert and sandwiched by useless city states lol

Pariah

Pariah

They attack based on how rich you are, and how large your standing army is. I've noticed that when I play for high production and science or culture, I get DoW'd all the time, since they apparently can't believe that I can bumrush units in my cities and wipe the floor with them.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Pariah wrote:They attack based on how rich you are, and how large your standing army is. I've noticed that when I play for high production and science or culture, I get DoW'd all the time, since they apparently can't believe that I can bumrush units in my cities and wipe the floor with them.

or buy a bunch of units an era or two ahead of them. Russia made that mistake and i bombed her cities into oblivion Very Happy

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I felt bad because I had a decent army but deleted them and workers to save money,I was losing gold like crazy each turn somehow,then right after they rush into my main city haha

edit:apparently being at zero gold wasn't too bad for me,I stayed that way most of the game fighting off alexander. Trying to fix my pillaged tiles

Bi Polar

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah Korea and Native Americans probably went after me cause I took over 2 city states right next to me since I needed their resources. I needed more gold producing things. Then I had to take a city from Ethiopia because their borders were blocking my navy's path to go help Jr deal with Alexander. 

Then the Native Americans started shit so I made peace with Ethiopia and hightailed my army back to my territories to defend and started amassing a giant army to go take down the native americans which were the most advanced and biggest civ.

then my fucking game froze and crashed. Jr said he saved it but I don't know if we'll be able to load it up again.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I saved it right then but I don't know how loading up a game with players would work,like I load it back up and invite somebody,then they pick which Civ they want to play as at that point in the game I guess

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ah that's a pretty cool feature.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I got my revenge on those pesky Native Americans.

Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol BE5858F2C38A0F4245C5673303F936F6D24BDA5A

Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol 2561BD5D99BA1B899AB9430D76DFDEBD478E8447

Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol BAD2A34107E390A6C6E155A1F68883CD6FD00FE5

10Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol Empty Re: Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol 2013-06-14, 20:19

Pariah

Pariah

that is one unhappy civ.

11Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol Empty Re: Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol 2013-06-15, 01:03

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah I took over so many cities haha.

12Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol Empty Re: Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol 2013-06-15, 04:56

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

think I finally got my unhappiness to go away a little but the whole game I've been bleeding money badly,when I only have like 4-5 army guys right now and 2 workers taking forever to build tile improvements. I must have played on the difficulty below prince because in my last game I never was at zero gold lol

13Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol Empty Re: Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol 2013-06-15, 05:32

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

If you set them to Auto improve they might have built some giant ridiculous road system

14Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol Empty Re: Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol 2013-06-15, 13:50

Pariah

Pariah

Be careful with workers, they do some stupid shit when independant. Make sure you max out your luxuries, then trade off duplicates for gold per turn. That, and consider going for Tradition, since there is one that allows garrisoned units to not pay maintenance.

15Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol Empty Re: Civs in Civ 5 are crazy lol 2013-06-15, 14:07

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

it put me in a sucky part of the map where the only luxuries I had was incense. I didn't have them on automatic, I did connect 3 cities by road. The cpu puts all of their cities really close together,maybe I should of done that. Messed up when I didn't put my capital next to the ocean. I could of wrecked them all with mass frigates lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum