Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday but it was the 21st anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Loma_Prieta_earthquake

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Wow. I remember watching the ballgame. That was a wild day.

D

Yeah it was pretty sick. I was watching Colors on TV, I had taped it the night before on our new VCR lol.

Luckly my mom was off work that day, if she wasn't she may have been on the Bay Bridge. Crazy stuff. All the power went out in our neighborhood for a day or so and all of us kids were outside playing while our parents were talking and stuff.

That would've been pretty exciting to watch on TV.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

You were not watvhin the game D =op

I imagine that was some scary stuff dude!

Well, I mean, not as in "Gee! This is fun!" type exciting, but just as something you don't see everyday. It would be a rather unique experience, much like going to a rodeo, and watching somebody get thrown off the bull and stomped hard (watched that once, the "ooooohs" from the crowd didn't help the atmosphere, lol). He was fine though. Smile

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Ooo no i was comenting to D saying it must have been scary to be there in an earthquake.

It was odd seeing it on TV. I didn;t understand what was going on or just how serious it was. It was kinda surreal.

Oh, shit, I forgot that he lived there and spaced out. D:

Man, that sucks.

D

Never heard this little bit of info.

The Goodyear blimp was aloft above the ballpark to provide aerial coverage of the World Series. Blimp pilot John Crayton reported that he felt four bumps during the quake.

Crazy

That was a long time ago. I was too young to really feel the effect though.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Weird. Yesterday Kari and I were watching a Fringe episode and they mentioned one of the characters parents died in this earthquake (in the story not real life).

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Oh yeah I was less than half a month old when that hit. My mom told me my brother had to come get me from my crib when it hit too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum