Epyk MD
Heebs
Dropped Da Soap
Wacco
Frostbyrn
Patrick Star
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

18.9 earthquake in japan..... Empty 8.9 earthquake in japan..... 2011-03-11, 03:19

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

the news says 8.4 sites say 8.8/8.9 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/11/japan-earthquake-tsunami_n_834380.html there's been 20 aftershocks above 6.0....

Last edited by gatling camel on 2011-03-11, 21:34; edited 1 time in total

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

News here says 8.9

Wacco

My friend's dad left Japan right before it happened. Talk about good timing.

damn.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Wow. This is the first I have heard of it. That is harsh.

Heebs

Heebs

Stormy didn't leave for Japan yet, did he? i hope not.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

is storm heading to japan?
i thought he was heading home.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Storm was going to Japan when was this?

Zillah

Zillah

damn 8.8!?!?!

apparently a tsunami warning has been issued for hawaii and the west coast.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Surf's up, dude...

Heebs

Heebs

was Stormy going to Korea? i don't remember. i just hope he wasn't anywhere near that shit.

Ante

Ante

Yeah it's pretty brutal, but considering the magnitude of carnage, the casualty toll is very, very low (so far.) I know a few people in Japan and thankfully they're alright.

This earthquake is the largest recorded in Japanese history and the seventh largest recorded in the world. Fucking crazy.

Damn...terrible

Same

Same

It wus 8.9 and apparently the aftershocks went over 9 o_O

The nuclear power plant decides to go 1000 times hotter or something then normal and apparently radiation outside has increased and the whirlpool that appeared seems to have taken in a few boats.

Scary stoof.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I watched some of that online. It was scary.

Same

Same

Yeah I was watching the news and the nuclear power plant might go into a melt down Surprised
Might have a repeat of chernobyl if it becomes worse Sad It'd be worse though

Ante

Ante

Just heard about the nuclear reactor, that's really not good. With the population density of Japan... it's just not something you want to think about.

Anyone who wants to keep updated on the situation, the third stream is in English... http://www.ustwrap.info/multi/foxtokimekitonight::tbstv::yokosonews

Same

Same

and the coolant is taking its time to arrive. Letting out nuclear vapor to try take off the pressure. It sucks for natural disasters to happen like that. First a earthquake + bigger after shocks then the tsunami and whirlpool.

Ante

Ante

And now there's assholes screaming "remember pearl harbor." I can't believe I share citizenship with some of these idiots... http://youropenbook.org/?q=pearl+harbor&gender=any

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

They are seriously crying for some shit that happened 60 years+ ago? Maybe they're just douchebags that are into dark humor like me. But if they're serious, it's just stupid.

Anyway, my mother has a sister living over there. In Tokyo, if I recall correctly. Dunno if it's near the disaster zone, but I think it is. I'm actually more concerned about the nuclear reactors. They're fucked if something goes wrong.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

God, even if it doesn't explode but just leak.....damn. I don't want to think about it.

Ante

Ante

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/do_y9iMo_vM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a video a friend of a friend took in Tokyo during the earthquake. Seeing skyscrapers sway back and forth like jenga blocks leaves a pit in my stomach.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Holy fuck, damn. That just aint right. Imagine being in there though....shit.

Ante

Ante

8.9 earthquake in japan..... Facepalm

Zillah

Zillah

Liberty Prime wrote:8.9 earthquake in japan..... Facepalm

.....?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Nothing he was responding to me posting something that was somewhat insensitive so i deleted it lol

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I loled Frost. I didn't think it was insensetive.

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

Oh crap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12720219

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Shit. Damn they are going through some real shit over there.

God, my prayers are with them.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

That's some scary shit...

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

there is some crazy shit recorded and repeated on BBC news 24.

houses getting picked up then smashed into other rafts of debris and disintegrating. bits of wreckage on fire, floating down with the floods.

and the reactor cooling system on a power plant broke, and there was some kind of explosion in the plant (no reports of radiations leaks yet which is lucky).

i have no idea how long its going to last. they cant rebuild until the floodwater goes down, then they have to deal with wreckage everywhere and the stock market/insurance going all to hell.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12721498

^ footage of the explosion at the power plant.

they're not sure if the reactor is going into meltdown, and a state of emergency has been declared around the plant.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

First I've seen any footage or real info. Holy hell.

Zillah

Zillah

dammmnnnnn. i have a feeling the death toll is going to rise significantly.. this could cost them 100's of billions of dollars too

Ante

Ante

You guys have to realize a lot of the English news you see is hours behind. I can confirm to a somewhat reasonable degree that the Fukushima nuclear power plant has stabilized and the radiation levels are dropping.

Ante

Ante

Double post GET!!

Holy fuck, just found this on youtube... it's got the CNN tag on it, so some of you may have seen it already.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j6K6JcAB9T0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This guy is filming the ground as it cracks and shifts. Crazy fucking shit.

chunckylover53

Wow that is weird.. Also "Chiba city" =o.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Wow that is intense.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

looks like japan is gonna be turned into two island in a couple million years

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Turns out it was a hoax.

Ante

Ante

Metalzoic wrote:Turns out it was a hoax.

CGI technology is getting crazy. Razz

There's supposedly a chance for a 7.0 aftershock in Tokyo. If this does happen, Tokyo will be flattened. Some of the people I know over there are preparing to flee the country by any means necessary. Shit's nuts.

EDIT: Wait, Metal are you talking about that projected radiation picture?

Zillah

Zillah

Man my school band left to go to China on friday for a fancy trip. luckily they didnt go to Japan...

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

the blast at the reactor was not a hoax if thats what metal means.

theres a 20km exclusion zone around the plant (it used to be 10km) and they have no idea what is going on inside reactor 3. and reactor 1 went into partial meltdown i think, but the rad levels have dropped from what they used to be.

Dolphin of Earth

Dolphin of Earth

My Birthday was when this event happened, asians are all right in my book, but death is a pretty cool gift from god!

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Say what? 0_o

Dolphin of Earth

Dolphin of Earth

Yeah i woke up n im all like what a glorius Birthday i got my birthday breakfast get to school n i find out there is a major tsunami and earthquake.... i was like sadly nothing will bring my vibe down.

Ante

Ante

Someone has setup a geiger counter in Tokyo to measure radiation. As of my posting the counter reads 15.99.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/geiger-counter-tokyo

They also had ANOTHER small quake last night. I feel so bad for these people.

Tater

Tater

With what happened @ chernobyl this is potentially even worse. chernobyl was 2 reactors. Technology back from the 70-80's non the less and look how that turned out.

This is going to be even more devistating if it's not controlled. and 50 nuclear power plant workers aren't gonna stop this...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum