Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why does every single fps that comes out this year have so little maps?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So the person that leaked the zombie footage is saying that black ops only has 12 maps. I can not believe that every single FPS developer thinks it is ok to put 10 maps with only like 2 or 3 of them being good. Looks like I might cancel my black ops preorder if they suck and/or you can not play all of them in most gametypes.

Stay ON TOPIC

Last edited by T-800 on 2010-10-18, 21:01; edited 1 time in total

TheGM

TheGM

To make more money off the maps the sponges will buy anyway.

TheGM86 wrote:To make more money off the maps the sponges will buy anyway.
But I do not like DLC. Sad

TheGM

TheGM

T-800 wrote:

Then you are not a Sponge.

"Dude Brah, I can't waitz tell the New Nazi Sombies Maps is outs!" - Sponge.

TheGM86 wrote:
T-800 wrote:

I think I might just switch to pc gaming if all games keep going like this.

TheGM

TheGM

T-800 wrote:
TheGM86 wrote:
T-800 wrote:

I think I might just switch to pc gaming if all games keep going like this.

I had to go back in time.....you know by playing really old shit.

Erkeric

Erkeric

Eh its all about the money.

Until the kiddies learn the value of their 60 bucks, the game companies are going to keep charging the same price for less and less shit. Why spend a few thousand more dollars on making a map for multiplayer when they dont see any less profit from not doing so.

New maps on games will probably be better than old ones. Look at CoD4; it's maps were decent at best, save for 1-2 of them, and it still was a great game. I think all you guys need to really stop bitching about maps; they're fine. BC2 maps are probably some of the worst out there, but you guys don't complain about those >_>

If you want free maps don't play call of duty games

unless it's some kind of PC mod, which are occasionally quite awesome. Some of them are designed even more one-sided then the ones included on disc though.

Also Valve. steam all the way, even though I can't run most games with it.

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:New maps on games will probably be better than old ones. Look at CoD4; it's maps were decent at best, save for 1-2 of them, and it still was a great game. I think all you guys need to really stop bitching about maps; they're fine. BC2 maps are probably some of the worst out there, but you guys don't complain about those >_>
Bad Company 2 has Atacama Desert.

No one can hate that map.

TheGM

TheGM

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:New maps on games will probably be better than old ones. Look at CoD4; it's maps were decent at best, save for 1-2 of them, and it still was a great game. I think all you guys need to really stop bitching about maps; they're fine. BC2 maps are probably some of the worst out there, but you guys don't complain about those >_>

You know....I haven't read something this wrong since the bible.

JDM_Jev wrote:
Bad Company 2 has Atacama Desert.

No one can hate that map.

Lol, I swear to God. BC2 maps are horrible. They either:

A.) Too spaced out for the number of players
B.) Too many vehicles
C.) Not enough vehicles
D.) Horribly placed M-COMs
E.) Completely one sided
F.) Attack helicopters for people who can't win a fight on the ground
G.) A combo of one or more of the above.

And for the record, Atacam is G.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

TheGM86 wrote:

You know....I haven't read something this wrong since the bible.

Why does every single fps that comes out this year have so little maps? 472

Why is it wrong? A lot of CoD4 maps are horrendously one-sided or just reaaallly baddd

Downpour, Vacant, Ambush, Creek, Bloc lalalalala. And now everyone spawn-frags

though I don't agree that all BC2 maps are bad though, mainly just Laguna Presa and Nelson Bay. White Pass is a maybe but the Conquest version is alright.

And I don't agree with that Attack helicopter strike at me Bob you big mean bastard

That's what I was trying to say, CoD4's maps were awful too, but it was still a good game that many people still enjoy.

What I'm trying to get at, is for people to stop complaining about maps, that aren't that bad.

Using the Attack Helicopter is a cheap-ass strategy, though somebody has to do it on the maps with them, unless you want the enemy to have air superiority (or worse, both attack helicopters), they simply should be removed from the game period, or allowed to take damage from ANY bullet.

Well choppers in Vietnam will be armor-less apparently and a lot less mobile. That's the biggest issue with them - you can literally fly in any direction at insanely fast speeds.

I can destroy the grounded Apache as the Russians on Atacama Desert like 15 seconds into the game.

And we really just need more AA tanks, or AA lock-on stat launchers like BF2. Just something really, the tank cannon shouldn't be the best ground-to-air weapon. it's such a joke.

I have to fly those choppers otherwise my team wastes them and the enemy ends up with both. It's a joyless burden really, I spend more time going for road kills since that's actually fun.

Yes, but likewise, it still pisses me off that DICE practically forces people to use them, then get bullshit stats that make people that actually do work on the ground look like crap.

TheGM

TheGM

What is with you and stats?
I never had proplems with taking choppers down. And the few times I did was becuase I just hopped into the game and found my team getting hammered.

Lock on missile that took 2 or 3 hits would fix a lot. (it would be avoidable and smoke would derail the rockets)

yeah well Dice never gets the vehicle balance right. They're either too good or not good enough.

though the BC2 attack helicopters are the only things that remind me of BF2 since they're so hard to drop. tanks and transports are too easy, with or without C4/the tracer/the VADS if possible.

AA stat launchers would be nice, same with the VADS tank. dun dun

and teach me to embed

Attack helicopters are nigh impossible to take down with a good pilot GM; put me or a chopper whore that's actually any good in it, and you'll get to spawn and instantly die until the end of the match. And the thing is with stats, is that numbers don't lie; numbers show exactly who's better at what, and when something screws up numbers, it gets under my skin. Numbers are your only proof as to how good you are; you can play all you want, but in the end, the numbers are what everybody goes off of.

To embed, simply type:

[youtube]VIDEOCODEHERE(the part of a youtube video AFTER the "v=" and BEFORE the "&")then[youtube] (but this time, there will be a "/" before youtube, kinda how people do, "/thread"

So, it would be something like

[youtube]X6wNzn2KyQI[youtube], but with a "/" before YouTube the second time; getting this code right will get you this video:

TheGM

TheGM

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Attack helicopters are nigh impossible to take down with a good pilot GM.

thats what people say to me untill I sneak a Zu up their ass. I am not bragging, but people got to end this Attack-Heli is the End All Be all crap. I can be hard...but it sure as shit ain't impossible.

No more off topic posting if you want to continue why BC2 helicopters suck go somewhere else.

TheGM86 wrote:
Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Attack helicopters are nigh impossible to take down with a good pilot GM.

thats what people say to me untill I sneak a Zu up their ass. I am not bragging, but people got to end this Attack-Heli is the End All Be all crap. I can be hard...but it sure as shit ain't impossible.

One good strafe from the Attack Helicopter and you're done for; it takes 3-4 well-placed bursts on a fast moving target from you, and only one from them to hit a stationary. If they're any good, it's completely one sided, unless you have the VADS. Not to mention that they can easily destroy the AA gun before you get to it (usually way easier than killing the helicopter before the enemy gets too it), and the fact that once you die, you lose to anybody that's decent, because you will just spawn and die instantly....over and over again.

TheGM

TheGM

How about...no?

Are you sure you play Bad Company 2....I wouldn't want to run to these "Death Machines" you keep talking about.

You've obviously never played Atacama Conquest or against a decent pilot. I'm not even very good at the game, and I've single handedly put my thumb down on the enemy team on Valdez Rush using the Apache; destoryed the AA gun everytime it would spawn. Kill anybody I saw spawn, kill every engineer that dared look at me. Not to mention that 90% of the time I've been in the Attack Helicopter, I was not shot down, and whenever I was, it was usually once, by the VADS on Valdez Conquest, not to mention I could easily fight and take down the enemy Havoc/Apache with ease, every time, usually there would 5 that I'd take down a match.

oh cool thanks

and yeah there are some garbage players out there who only have a high KDR from the helicopter or just from playing completely one-sided games but that's a fact of life in like every shooter game

Ing and I played with Apachebirdman the other day (he's a friend of one of my Atacama Desert friends) and they're both trash on foot. I kept hearing him bitch about how rusty he was from playing Halo Reach since he kept constantly getting shot down but maybe if he stopped being a 16 year old skater fag for two seconds and flew higher than 6 feet off the ground it wouldn't happen.

And whenever he was on foot I kept seeing his name in the kill feed, getting Grached and G3'd. If you look on bfbcs.com you see that their class KDR isn't raised from using vehicles so they're still bad.

That's EXACTLY what I mean GM! See! Somebody understands! Thank you! Very Happy

But see, you do it, but you talk shit about how awesome all of your stats are on boards/videos all day, and how skilled you are though. You just do it because you pretty much have to.

TheGM

TheGM

With 1787 games Played I am pretty sure I have. People kept saying Sock was going to ass rape us, made sure that didn't happen.

Maybe I am the Anti-Heli AA Whore.

I'm The King of Flak
There is none higer
Suck Heli pilots they call me sire
To burn my AA-Gun you must try harder
Gonna' keep on rocking till I retire!

If he had merely prioritized the AA gun, you would've been dead. Most people seem to fail to have the ability to prioritize, good or bad.

the AA gun on B is annoying to take out since it's elevated and can hit you from wherever

you're doubting the sheer power behind that push

TheGM

TheGM

It was the start of the game and I did it to him for 2 rounds lol.

Like I said, Sock must have poor prioritizing skills.

TheGM

TheGM

Yeah sure..... Rolling Eyes

I wanna see more Urban maps......

Nice, a very intelligent response....

And yes, I agree that I would like to see more Urban maps.

we all wanna see maps

doesn't mean it's going to happen though. There's a magical Isla Innocentes CQ idea on the EA forums right now though - a lot of people are posting lay-out ideas that involve naval warfare so I hope one of the DICE devs notices.

unfortunately they don't frequent any of the forums now that MOH came out.

TheGM

TheGM

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Nice, a very intelligent response....

And yes, I agree that I would like to see more Urban maps.

It was one of those responses of such high thought I kind of makes you a little dumber from reading it.

But I want to fight in a damn town. Like that one town from the last level on Bad Company 1. Also......a patch that makes the Humvee/Korba not made of wet cardboard.

Ante

Ante

TheGM86 wrote:Yeah sure..... Rolling Eyes

I wanna see more Urban maps......

Agreed, I hate running across all the open ground just knowing that there's 15 wookies posted up on a hill trying desperately to line up that body shot on me.

Yes, I would like to see better looking Humvees with better armour, or more of them on maps without tanks.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

You guys need to take a breather so you can all play nice again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum