We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best single player since COD2

+2
DRGN LRD 1213
D
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best single player since COD2 Empty Best single player since COD2 2010-11-22, 16:46

This is imo of course. I really love the single player. Old school COD where the focus is on gritty intense firefights. I really love the prison escape, and the assault on the german camp. Im not done yet, but its.a blast. Also the added difficulty is great imo. Im starting on hardned.

I would definitely say so, yes. I really enjoyed the campaign; when I heard that the campaign was "a letdown" from somebody, I wanted to punch them in the face, and tell them they had no taste. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that some parts have a little too much narrating and such to get through, but other than that, I loved it.

It wasn't THAT great.

D

DrBob276 wrote:I would definitely say so, yes. I really enjoyed the campaign; when I heard that the campaign was "a letdown" from somebody, I wanted to punch them in the face, and tell them they had no taste. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that some parts have a little too much narrating and such to get through, but other than that, I loved it.

Bob, Bob, Bob, I hope you're kidding about the face punching.

It was better than a lot of game's campaigns I've played for a while, especially for a FPS.

Yes, I am, it's hyperbole. Smile

I have not played COD2 but i did think it was better than WaW and MW2.

T-800 wrote:I have not played COD2 but i did think it was better than WaW and MW2.

This, and I think it was ever so slightly better than CoD4.

I liked thr focused story a whole lot, and like the historical perspective on the,levels. Plus Reznov is a bad ass.

D

DrBob276 wrote:It was better than a lot of game's campaigns I've played for a while, especially for a FPS.

Yes, I am, it's hyperbole. Smile

k, just checking Surprised

Calk of duty two is fun as hell. A bit out dated by todays standards. But still great fun. The best ww2 shooter ever imo. Ive played every COD besides WaW.

I played a bit of CoD2, but that was after I had tried CoD4, and not being able to sprint was really annoying. It was still a good game, none the less.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA I think I have seen bob say he wants to punch someone in the face so many times I expect it at least one a day.

I've enjoyed the campaign the little bit I have played.

Prison breakout was fun I thought.

Spoiler:

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

COD 2 was that the one titled the big red one? I really liked that campaign.

Egon Spengler wrote:COD 2 was that the one titled the big red one? I really liked that campaign.
No that was an expansion to the first COD.

Egon Spengler wrote:COD 2 was that the one titled the big red one? I really liked that campaign.

*snicker* Big Red One... xD

hurrdurr childish humour is fun. Very Happy

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

????? You sure? I was pretty sure that was stand alone.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One is a console version of Call of Duty 2 developed by Treyarch, and based on the American 1st Infantry Division's exploits during World War II.

HAHA

Ooohhhhh....you going to take that Tom? Well, then again, don't have much a choice, because he already found the info. Lol.

Egon Spengler wrote:Call of Duty 2: Big Red One is a console version of Call of Duty 2 developed by Treyarch, and based on the American 1st Infantry Division's exploits during World War II.

HAHA
We are talking about Call of duty 2 on the xbox 360 developed by infinity ward I believe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COD_2

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

COD finest hour had an awesome map that was in the desert and it had a tower in the middle that you had to know the secret to get into. At first is was awesome because not everyone knew how to get up there.

COD3 also had a map that was located at a dam and had this bridge across a dry river bed that you could either go on top of the bridge, or through the inside. Loved that map!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Well I was talking about cod 2 big red one so naner naner naner!

Tom is correct. Thats the game I was talking about.

My first CoD was actually Final Hour. I never got to play MP, but I absolutely loved the campaign in that one too. My favourite part being when you have to defend the train station as the sniper.

Egon Spengler wrote:Well I was talking about cod 2 big red one so naner naner naner!
I guess we were both right in a way....

DrBob276 wrote:My first CoD was actually Final Hour. I never got to play MP, but I absolutely loved the campaign in that one too. My favourite part being when you have to defend the train station as the sniper.
My first COD was MW2.
>.>

<.<

T-800 wrote:
DrBob276 wrote:My first CoD was actually Final Hour. I never got to play MP, but I absolutely loved the campaign in that one too. My favourite part being when you have to defend the train station as the sniper.
My first COD was MW2.
>.>

<.<

I'm sorry. Lol. That should've never had to be anybody's first CoD experience. I think CoD4 was a great starter for the newer CoD series though, because it allows sprint and such, and is modern, so people turned off by WWII for some reason will want to play it. I bet the MP is finally dead now though, it's really sad to think, because that was my favourite game for two years. Sad

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yes Fox I also enjoyed that part on finest hour!!

THe map on finest hour was called. "The village" great fucking map!!!!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Eder Dam!!! Great map on COD 3!!!!! It had jeeps that you could drive around it!!! Hellz yea I loved that map!!!

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

In my opinion cod3 is still my favorite CoD MP wise. I played that game well until [email=W@W]W@W[/email] came out cause I didn't like CoD4's MP. And I purposly kept myself in the dark about [email=W@W]W@W[/email] as not to have high expectations. God I was pissed, and still am pissed at how they changed the Multiplayer.

Seriously, I wish that both devolper teams kept their own type of MP, instead of using the same one. It would have actually been cool to wait for a DIFFERENT game each year.

Call of duty ratings

Best single player- Call of Duty 2/ Black Ops

Best multiplayer- Call of duty 4>>>>>>>BO

Symbolic47 wrote:Call of duty ratings

Why?

fighter4u

fighter4u

The best single player is Black ops easily. It blew COD4 (which was really good) out of the water.

As for mutiplayer, its Black Ops again, no contest. The COD series has come a long way from a few years ago and the only developer who was willing to do that is treyarch.

Duck

Duck

Well. I just finished Half Life 2 and it makes every other FPS campaign on the 360 look like pacman.

Just finished it about an hour ago. I never played any CoD before CoD4, and I considered that really good. Black Ops is my favorite by far, now.

T-800 wrote:

Why?

Are you kidding me?

Are you honestly fucking kidding me? CoD4 had the best god damn multiplayer since they added the perk/kill streak system. Black Ops is just so fucking fail in comparison.

Broken assault rifles, horrible spawns, extendo-reach knife, terrible fucking latency because of poor host optimization, gay RC cars, Ghost and dick emblems.

JDM_Jev wrote:
T-800 wrote:

Why?

Are you kidding me?

Are you honestly fucking kidding me? CoD4 had the best god damn multiplayer since they added the perk/kill streak system. Black Ops is just so fucking fail in comparison.

Broken assault rifles, horrible spawns, extendo-reach knife, terrible fucking latency because of poor host optimization, gay RC cars, Ghost and dick emblems.
Never played COD4 online. Sad

oh then it's not your fault, you don't have much experience with CoD games that are good

JDM_Jev wrote:oh then it's not your fault, you don't have much experience with CoD games that are good
so WaW and black ops are nothing compared to COD4?

Valukar

CoD4 had its share of bullshit. It had the overpowered guns and the exact same lag issues, just not the Inspector Gadget knife.

Or the dick emblems.

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

Ingsmasher wrote:CoD4 had its share of bullshit. It had the overpowered guns and the exact same lag issues, just not the Inspector Gadget knife.

Or the dick emblems.
I heard it had massive grenade issues...

Valukar

It had nuke x3 but it was nowhere near the level of explosive spam that MW2 achieved. I guess more people enjoyed having fun until the casual community came along and collectively brought about the destruction of the Call of Duty series as a whole.

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Grenades x3 , martydom.....
*shudders*

You could not go a game in CoD4 without having half the enemy team using martyrdom, and it was rare to be killed less then three times a game by some ahole who just randomly chucked all three of his grenades randomly across the map. Add in the multiple people per team doing just that and you get the basic general mp match

Just finished the single player. Fucking fantastic ending! 9/10 for single player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum