New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

BF4 - Attack boat gameplay/customization

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ante

Ante

I have a feeling the RCB is going to be a highly feared nerfed death machine...

Also I'm pretty sure Level is wring here. I could've sworn I saw 3 options for the primary weapon on one of the Gamescom streams. It was the 25mm, a 30mm, and the other one was a "Burst Cannon."

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

There's an annotation now that says Allan Kertz confirmed there will be 3 choice of primaries.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

yep, all the jet whores and chopper whores among the numerous other bastards that QQ will get DICE/EA to nerf the boats all the way down to Davey Jones' locker.

Kind of sad really.

Ante

Ante

Artimise Flare wrote:yep, all the jet whores and chopper whores among the numerous other bastards that QQ will get DICE/EA to nerf the boats all the way down to Davey Jones' locker.

Kind of sad really.
seriously, but with 2 miniguns, a cannon that can aim almost completely vertical AND a TV missile it is almost a little ridiculous. Almost. Razz

Edit: Personally my setup will involve the Zuni rockets for maximum infantry destruction.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ante wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:yep, all the jet whores and chopper whores among the numerous other bastards that QQ will get DICE/EA to nerf the boats all the way down to Davey Jones' locker.

Kind of sad really.
seriously, but with 2 miniguns, a cannon that can aim almost completely vertical AND a TV missile it is almost a little ridiculous. Almost. Razz

Edit: Personally my setup will involve the Zuni rockets for maximum infantry destruction.
It's beautiful, that's what it is IMHO Cool 

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

You guys think so?
In that one video a dude in a scout helicopter seems to take them out without much trouble.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I don't think any of the boats had AA on them mind you. So the question is, if there was AA weaponry on it, how much of a difference would it make? Full crew as well, I wonder if the mini guns can aim high enough to be a threat to the little bird. We would have to see.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah a fully manned boat would probably be pretty fearsome. I think it's a bit ridiculous that they get TV missile though.

The rest I'm ok with.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Well think of it this way Hydra, what other defenses does a boat have? It's not like they can go hide in a forest or what have you. It's all open sea, smoke will only do so much IMO, you don't have the luxury of doing the "pop and shoot" technique as easily from what I can tell.

So ultimately, a great offense is their defense. Then again, it could be as you imply, that it may make them over powered. I'd like to know what they're sacrificing in order to equip that as a secondary. clearly the TV missiles would be good for taking down noob chopper pilots and armor, but it leaves them virtually defenseless against air targets from what I can tell.

Either way, it is likely they'll get nerfed to hell and back no matter how effective/ineffective they are I feel.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Well think of it this way Hydra, what other defenses does a boat have? It's not like they can go hide in a forest or what have you. It's all open sea, smoke will only do so much IMO, you don't have the luxury of doing the "pop and shoot" technique as easily from what I can tell.

So ultimately, a great offense is their defense. Then again, it could be as you imply, that it may make them over powered. I'd like to know what they're sacrificing in order to equip that as a secondary. clearly the TV missiles would be good for taking down noob chopper pilots and armor, but it leaves them virtually defenseless against air targets from what I can tell.

Either way, it is likely they'll get nerfed to hell and back no matter how effective/ineffective they are I feel.
I don't necessarily have a problem with them having it in the sense it would be totally OP or something...I just don't think it's the kind of weapon a boat should have. I doubt very much boats are rocking maverick missiles in the real world. Those are AGM as far as I know.

I know that balance>realism and all that jazz...it's just a personal gripe I guess.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

True enough, I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of one being mounted on a ship. I've heard of wire guided torpedoes though.

TV missiles can be somewhat of a pain and it appears that the way they operate, it'll prevent it from being effective in close range. It also looks like it forfeits your ability to operate the ship itself, leaving you vulnerable to enemy fire.

Hopefully it'll be pretty balanced, only time will tell.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:True enough, I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of one being mounted on a ship. I've heard of wire guided torpedoes though.

TV missiles can be somewhat of a pain and it appears that the  way they operate, it'll prevent it from being effective in close range. It also looks like it forfeits your ability to operate the ship itself, leaving you vulnerable to enemy fire.

Yeah but I'm sure people will get ridiculously good with them just like in choppers.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

HydrasBreath wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:True enough, I don't recall ever seeing or hearing of one being mounted on a ship. I've heard of wire guided torpedoes though.

TV missiles can be somewhat of a pain and it appears that the  way they operate, it'll prevent it from being effective in close range. It also looks like it forfeits your ability to operate the ship itself, leaving you vulnerable to enemy fire.

Yeah but I'm sure people will get ridiculously good with them just like in choppers.
I don't doubt that. However, I think that will help balance out the air to ground problems. May make it a little more difficult for skilled pilots to continue raping due to not exactly having a clear safe zone over the water anymore.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

I don't doubt that. However, I think that will help balance out the air to ground problems. May make it a little more difficult for skilled pilots to continue raping due to not exactly having a clear safe zone over the water anymore.
Yeah it should definitely be interesting how the balance plays out.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Yeah, if you didn't have air support in BF3, it was pretty much game over on the maps that had air craft.

It doesn't look like the boats can easily be taken out anymore, even the RHIB seems to be much more sturdy. If I recall it sports a mini gun now instead of a .50 BMG right?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Yeah, if you didn't have air support in BF3, it was pretty much game over on the maps that had air craft.

It doesn't look like the boats can easily be taken out anymore, even the RHIB seems to be much more sturdy. If I recall it sports a mini gun now instead of a .50 BMG right?
Yeah I believe so. And yeah the PT boats are basically tanks on the water.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Solid AA was something that BF3 was sorely hurting for IMO. I mean, even the mobile AA was pretty much worthless since the jets could easily take them out in a strafe or two. Didn't help most just sat back at the base being worthless.

I understand there is a very fine line to be walked here, but it's still a big issue when the ground forces can't do anything to counter them. Tanks and such had several hard counters, Aircraft of course, AT mines (not as much after the patch that perma lit them up on your HUD. Retarded...) AT rockets, other tanks even the repair tool. All the while what did the jets have to fear? One POS mobile AA, the base AA that no one ever went near, and maybe, just maybe an enemy jet?

ACE pilots were pretty much gods it seems, and honestly, it's not really fun IMO if the opposing team has nothing to even present a threat to them.

But who knows, maybe the addition of boats will make jets un-satisfying to play due to always being shot down now. We'll see, I just hope DICE really did some serious testing (hah) on this to try and balance this as much as possible. There was a lot of broken mechanics and issues with BF3 (despite all that it was still fun IMO), hopefully they've learned a lot from the previous game.

For gods sake I hope they also nerfed the tactical sun when it's out in open lighted areas.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

yeah and hopefully the same thing doesn't happen with the IRNV sight that happened when BF3 launched.

There's got to be some middle ground between god tier OP and Useless POS.

I kinda liked the sun glare....

Ante

Ante

nononononoplzno. the sun does not look like that IRL. the sun can be in your peripheral vision without completely blinding you. i HATE the sun in BF3.

It was a little extreme yes, but overall I think its a neat addition. If they nerf it a little bit, then Im all for the return of the sun mwahahahahaa

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:nononononoplzno. the sun does not look like that IRL. the sun can be in your peripheral vision without completely blinding you. i HATE the sun in BF3.
Seriously...fuck the sun.

They just need to add a sunglasses perk lmao

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:They just need to add a sunglasses perk lmao
Whatever they need to do so that I'm able to actually see people when I'm facing the sun just as long as it's not like BF3.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

It should be brighter. I don't even have to squint when I look directly at it like I do in real life.

Metalzoic wrote:It should be brighter. I don't even have to squint when I look directly at it like I do in real life.
LOL

This

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum