You are not connected. Please login or register

Steam to implement Family and friends library sharing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11436/

Bout time

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Read about it, and it looks shitty. It's as if giving someone your credentials to log in and play your stuff, but without actually giving them your user information.

Can't see myself using it. Maybe if just the game being played was locked, I would be all right with it. You know, like borrowing a game has worked since forever.

I think its a cool addition.

My wife can play my games soon. Thats kinda cool. Even though technically she could already do that....soooooo I dunno.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Just seems useless to me, and it will be until you can use your account while a friend plays one of your games not being currently used.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah I can probably get access to my sisters library Very Happy

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

So wait does this work on a game by game basis or is it that the whole library can't be used if the owner is playing?

sheep

sheep

But I don't want to share. Sharing is stupid.

HydrasBreath wrote:So wait does this work on a game by game basis or is it that the whole library can't be used if the owner is playing?
From my understanding the whole library is available.

Remember the XBONE was gonna have something similar to this but nixed it?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:So wait does this work on a game by game basis or is it that the whole library can't be used if the owner is playing?
From my understanding the whole library is available.

Remember the XBONE was gonna have something similar to this but nixed it?
No what I'm asking is let's say someone shares their library with me and I'm playing one of their games and then they log on to play something else.

The way the article was worded it sounds like once the owner starts playing a game that's it you have to stop playing the game even if it's not the same game as he's playing.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

only one player can use the library at a time. if you want to play any game in the library, they have to come off or get kicked off automatically even if they are only playing one game.

Ah word

Yea re reading it that's the impression I got as well

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

And that's why I say it's useless.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

The Adli Corporation wrote:
only one player can use the library at a time. if you want to play any game in the library, they have to come off or get kicked off automatically even if they are only playing one game.
Yeah that's what I thought they were saying. Yeah that's a pretty crap way to go about it.

Weak disregard this thread

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum