just installed a CM gemin ii...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

stock fan kept it 2 deg cooler >.>

Ha

Doesnt surprise me

Sometimes the new paste has to settle as well.

Also I dont know much about that model....

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

basically the heat sinks go up and over half my mobo.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

i man have not used enough paste. i really dont want to take that fucker off again.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

idk much about it either but is it at least quiet? It's a 120mm fan right?

at stock clocks it's about the same as stock coolers I've read most aftermarket is, but it's just when gaming or overclock it's quieter/cooler

I just didn't want mine to sound like a jet engine. I forgot you still have the prebuilt case, Hyper 212 prob wouldn't of fit

Yes its gotta be running much quieter

Did you just use the stock paste?

What paste did you use last time you seated your stock cooler?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

some expensive evga shit.

for this one i used the stuff it came with.

Ah word that could be it

Legit

RStudios

Epyk MD wrote:i man have not used enough paste. i really dont want to take that fucker off again.
No such thing as lol... Idea of paste is to fill the microscopic imperfections in the metal so heat doesn't get trapped in air bubbles.

Ive had better results by lapping a heat sink and polishing it with silver compound and reattaching

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

fuck man...i really dont wantt to take that bitch off again

RStudios

for sake of 2c i wouldnt bother either lol. Just do it better next time (in like 6 months)

RStudios

And do this (takes ages tho)

http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/lapping/

Before
just installed a CM gemin ii... 2

After
just installed a CM gemin ii... 3

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I got the corsair watercooler,it's pretty quiet too

WTF when did you get water cooling JR?

Ante

Ante

Sym wrote:WTF when did you get water cooling JR?

he's talking about his H80 or whatever, i'm assuming.

Whats an H80?

Watercooler?

Sorry I dont know shit about WC

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I got the h100i and my bro got the h80i, I made a topic about it the other month, also got a 2tb drive on sale, I never thought I'd fill a 1tb up but it happened QUICK lol.

got it to try it out, it's good, I picked it since it has 5 year warranty and all these other watercoolers only have a 1 year warranty,I wouldn't even touch them lol. I guess in 5 years I'll get another water cooler so I'm always under the warranty,or just pick a cool air cooler then, I dunno

they're prebuilt all in one coolers,check it out Razz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181031

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181032

Wait so do you have water cooling? Yes or no

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yup Razz

Was it a bitch to install?

What are your temps like?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

no very easy,much easier than the hyper 212 evo,it already has the paste pre applied, instructions are pretty easy too

my cpu is at 31c right now, I haven't overclocked though, I got some Cougar fans,didn't really need them though, my bro uses the stock fans and they're pretty quiet

MY CPU sits at 40 but goes up to 70 on load

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

it would cut your temps by at least 10c,maybe up to 20c lol.

damn.....but I dont OC

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I haven't either....if my stuff got so old it was playing games all choppy I'd rather get new stuff than overclock lol. Was thinking of trying it though

Ive OC'd my gpu but not my cpu

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've wondered in years to come if it would be worth it to get another 7950 and crossfire,they released a driver the other week that stops the stuttering, 7950s I've seen new go for 180 now...imagine in a few years lol

I wonder how low I could get another 580 for

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

150 Razz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-580-Superclocked-015-P3-1582-AR-797MHz-1-5-GB-GDDR-/221286950625?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3385bae6e1#shId

Damn maybe I should just SLI

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

fuck it, worth a try Very Happy Very Happy

RStudios

Sym If you get water cooling, get one pre-assembled, because if you fill it yourself (which actually can be better). You will understand why I asked anyone if they had jump started a PSU before. You should test them new watercoolers for a few hours for leaks before even thinking about putting them near a mobo lol. Hense jump starting a PSU to power it for a few hours.

Water coolers have non conductive liquid in them nowadays

RStudios

they always have (i belive) but still can be a bitch to clean up, plus a leak would == running on dry if your not watching it.

On a similar note, you ever see that video of a guy that built a PC inside a fish tank and filled it with mineral oil? lol

RStudios

Yea Ive seen that

Quite awesome

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

well that's why I'll always get the corsair water cooler, it has a 5 year warranty and they'll buy you any pc part that would break,seems like a good company

RStudios

corsair have always been the best, and nowadays are a-lot cheaper than they used to be aswell.

Are western digital still the best for hard drives? Ive not built one for a few years but looking at prices now

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yup western digital black is the best HD,although pricey. 5 Year warranty

although Toshiba is good if you look at reviews,I got a 2tb toshiba HDD with a 3 year warranty for 80, WD Black version is like 160

RStudios

Warranty on a hard drive means nothing to me anyway lol, I just need the best most reliable. because if it does fail and I lose all my shit, last thing Id care about would be a warranty, Working in software engineering, losing data cost me more than buying 5 more drives lol.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

samsung was supposed to be very good but they sold out to seagate and seagate's quality has been pretty bad compared to WD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum