Frostbyrn
The Adli Corporation
Grey
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So if the Gov't shuts down Empty So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 20:15

Grey

Grey

They state that active duty personnel will work even if they do not get paid. Whelp. Sheep just told me that USAA will give me an interest free pay day loan that will closely match my pay.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_blogs/Blogs?action=blogpost&blogkey=newsroom&postkey=usaa_offers_loan_to_military

Buuut. I will not go to work. Our LT mentioned that he will send us home since we won't be getting paid for the day's work.

2So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 20:21

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Gov't shutdown?

i googled it. it sounds like a real shit time.

3So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 20:35

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I was talking about this a few days ago

No one posted Very Happy

But yeah this is the equivalent of the Teachers not getting paid because Kindergartners cant figure out how to share their Candy

4So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 20:38

Ante

Ante

Frostbyrn wrote:I was talking about this a few days ago

No one posted Very Happy

But yeah this is the equivalent of the Teachers not getting paid because Kindergartners cant figure out how to share their Candy
this is so perfect

5So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 20:49

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ante wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:I was talking about this a few days ago

No one posted Very Happy

this is so perfect
thats pretty much 100% accurate right there.

6So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 21:16

chunckylover53

This is the perfect time for people to attack.

7So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 21:18

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

chunckylover53 wrote:This is the perfect time for people to attack.
Thats what I said! Very Happy

Unless you meant Terrorists

Because I meant start a civil war

8So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 21:58

Duck

Duck

It's interesting that an american civil war wouldn't really north and south as opposed to urban vs country locations. no one would know where to draw the front lines.

9So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-09-30, 22:00

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

We'll get back-pay at least, and my instructors will still be teaching.

Problematic I suppose if you have a house and lots of bills.

10So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 00:08

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yea fuck it I wouldn't do anything either if I wasn't getting paid. I bet they just strike a deal right after midnight though like what they did last time, and then there's the clusterfuck with the looming 16trillion debt ceiling

11So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 02:14

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

well, for the first time in 17 years they have shut down according to the news

12So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 02:50

Pariah

Pariah

Its days like this I'm proud to be an American.

13So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 03:43

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Pariah wrote:Its days like this I'm proud to be an American.

Its days like this im proud not to be

Oh who am I kidding Im always proud of my Non-Americaness Very Happy

14So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 03:47

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

http://rt.com/usa/us-government-shutdown-effects-550/

3 Troops’ paychecks stopped

About 1.4 million military active-duty personnel would keep on working, but with their paychecks delayed. Approval for troops’ paychecks is dependent on Obama’s proposed 2014 federal budget being passed by Congress.

4 Women and children’s nutrition program threatened

Pregnant women and new moms who are poor and facing “nutrition risk” won’t be able to buy healthy food, as a looming shutdown would put bracers on the $6 billion Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women Infants and Children (WIC).

15So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 03:53

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yes

They are literally messing with Women,Children and Soldiers

They are one Puppy Kick away from a Coup

16So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 03:58

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I swear I remember reading that they said social security checks would stop too if the gov "runs" out of money by Oct 17th as well, or maybe Nov 1st. One of those two dates, was reading it on yahoo or something the other week.

17So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 07:39

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

so basically, becuase republicans dont want everyone having access to healthcare (what the fuck?) they are forcing the government to shut down bu not passing a budget. this in turn screws over the military, pregnant women and children...

the fuck is wring with your political system?

18So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 10:28

Grey

Grey

The Adli Corporation wrote:so basically, becuase republicans dont want everyone having access to healthcare (what the fuck?) they are forcing the government to shut down bu not passing a budget. this in turn screws over the military, pregnant women and children...

So if the Gov't shuts down History-channel-hd-aliens-thumb

19So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 11:07

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

The Adli Corporation wrote:so basically, becuase republicans dont want everyone having access to healthcare (what the fuck?) they are forcing the government to shut down bu not passing a budget. this in turn screws over the military, pregnant women and children...

Have you met an Murican?

20So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 12:20

Duck

Duck

Frank West wrote:

So if the Gov't shuts down History-channel-hd-aliens-thumb
well, one of their big gripes with the bill is that it forces everyone to have healthcare. Which is a fundamental issue for them, as in the government is forcing people to buy a product they may or may not want.

The issue with that is our hospitals are required to treat anyone with a life threatening issue whether or not they have insurance or pay. So the hospitals will treat these people and then have to foot the bill, which is a huge financial weight on the hospitals and our healthcare infrastructure in general.

So their ideological plea is respectable, but my answer to that is their ideology is fucking over the healthcare system.

21So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 14:41

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Duck wrote:
well, one of their big gripes with the bill is that it forces everyone to have healthcare. Which is a fundamental issue for them, as in the government is forcing people to buy a product they may or may not want.

The issue with that is our hospitals are required to treat anyone with a life threatening issue whether or not they have insurance or pay. So the hospitals will treat these people and then have to foot the bill, which is a huge financial weight on the hospitals and our healthcare infrastructure in general.

So their ideological plea is respectable, but my answer to that is their ideology is fucking over the healthcare system.
They've already been forcing us to buy products for years. What do you think about your car insurance?

22So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 23:22

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

So if the Gov't shuts down LO4yypb

23So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-01, 23:45

RStudios

I still think its amusing that because funding has -technically- stopped, they cant pay anyone. Your telling me the money in the bank just happened to run out at EXACTLY the right time?

24So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-02, 07:35

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I feel really bad for all the people not getting paid,are they just supposed to starve and not be able to pay rent,etc?

25So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-03, 21:24

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Frostbyrn wrote:So if the Gov't shuts down LO4yypb
This was the funniest thing I've seen all week.

26So if the Gov't shuts down Empty Re: So if the Gov't shuts down 2013-10-03, 21:40

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Still getting paid, somehow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum