Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] So how do you like the changes to armor?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So far I like them, everything feels beefier IMHO, and requires you to be more than just a little strategic when driving in a tank if you wish to live long.

I was laughing a bit while reading the posts on BL of people bitching that the LAV rapes the tanks in head to head combat.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I still don't understand how damage works. and I have hours upon hours in the tanks.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Metalzoic wrote:I still don't understand how damage works. and I have hours upon hours in the tanks.
What don't you understand, maybe I can help Smile

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sometimes you get disabled for a time. Sometimes you don't. Sometimes it lasts forever sometimes it is quick. Sometimes you take little damage sometimes you take a lot. Sometimes shooting them in the ass does 50 damage sometimes it only does 20 something damage. Sometimes you take massive damage, but don't get disabled, sometime you take 20 something damage, but are so severely disabled that the entire tank quits operating. Sometimes grenades do 10 damage to them sometimes 15. Sometimes you can drive right over the pop-up barriers sometimes you can't.

Ante

Ante

Armor is still broken. The same bug that was in BF3 is in BF4. Sometimes when a tank gets shot in the front armor the projectile travels THROUGH the tank and hit the rear, giving 50+ damage and an instant critical disable.

I've spent a lot of time in vehicles during the beta and it's happened to me a lot.

Metal, what don't you get about tank damage?

In order from least to most damaging, front - side - rear/top. The angle you hit a tank at also affects damage.

i fired up paint and made a really basic display

[BF4] So how do you like the changes to armor? Q9hFzik

[BF4] So how do you like the changes to armor? JGmpMnt

Ante the paint master

Ante

Ante

I AM AN ARTEEST

Indeed

One of the best

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Yes and no Ante, I just tested this and came to an interesting conclusion.

I can't vouch for RPG vs Tank but in regards to Tank Vs Tank the farther away you are the more damage you do.

For example, point blank range shoot at the rear of an empty Abrams I did roughly 50-60 points of damage, however at around 50-80m out, I did 80 points of damage. This is consistent when shooting at 90 degree angles, I will try later to shoot at the enemy armor at odd angles next and test my theories.

Somthing to take note is that for whatever reason, there are times when I can OHK the other tank at extended ranges. I'm not sure if this applies to hitting the internal magazines or not but we'll see.

I plan on doing a video on this once the game comes out, showcasing weak points and so on, Tankers 101 will be making a comeback for BF4 Wink

Ante

Ante

Artimise Flare wrote:Yes and no Ante, I just tested this and came to an interesting conclusion.

I can't vouch for RPG vs Tank but in regards to Tank Vs Tank the farther away you are the more damage you do.

For example, point blank range shoot at the rear of an empty Abrams I did roughly 50-60 points of damage, however at around 50-80m out, I did 80 points of damage. This is consistent from just about any angle I shot at. I plan on doing a video on this once the game comes out, showcasing weak points and so on, Tankers 101 will be making a comeback for BF4 Wink

Errr, no. RivalXfactor has already done a big demonstration video on tank damage. Range has nothing to do with it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ante wrote:Armor is still broken. The same bug that was in BF3 is in BF4. Sometimes when a tank gets shot in the front armor the projectile travels THROUGH the tank and hit the rear, giving 50+ damage and an instant critical disable.

I've spent a lot of time in vehicles during the beta and it's happened to me a lot.

Metal, what don't you get about tank damage?

In order from least to most damaging, front - side - rear/top. The angle you hit a tank at also affects damage.

i fired up paint and made a really basic display

[BF4] So how do you like the changes to armor? Q9hFzik

[BF4] So how do you like the changes to armor? JGmpMnt
I figured it was basically like this, forgot about the angles though. So it is better to park yourself at a jaunty angle to the enemy tanks flat facing correct?

Here's my issue and things like this happen a lot, maybe it is just the glitch you mentioned.

2 matches ago:
-Drive up behind enemy tank and shoot him in the ass once. 20+ damage
-Shoot him in the ass again 20+ damage.
-I shoot him in the ass a 3rd time just as he finally aims at me 20+ damage.
-He shoots me hitting my front 50 damage, disabled everything quits working.
-He hits me again before my controls will even respond, boom dead.

What. The. Fuck?

Ante

Ante

Yep, metal that's the glitch. I forgot to mention if you line up a perfect rear shot it can go straight through to the front and only give you "front" damage. Very very annoying.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ante wrote:Yep, metal that's the glitch. I forgot to mention if you line up a perfect rear shot it can go straight through to the front and only give you "front" damage. Very very annoying.
OK cool. Good to know it is a glitch then. That explains why every once in a while it just doesn't work or make sense.

Thanks!

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ante wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:Yes and no Ante, I just tested this and came to an interesting conclusion.

For example, point blank range shoot at the rear of an empty Abrams I did roughly 50-60 points of damage, however at around 50-80m out, I did 80 points of damage. This is consistent from just about any angle I shot at. I plan on doing a video on this once the game comes out, showcasing weak points and so on, Tankers 101 will be making a comeback for BF4 Wink
Errr, no. RivalXfactor has already done a big demonstration video on tank damage. Range has nothing to do with it.

Hmmm, I'll have to watch that, we'll see. I'd like to do my own testing as well to see how the game functions when it finally comes out.

Truth be told, I had only played around that for a short while, so I'm still testing.

Last edited by Artimise Flare on 2013-10-13, 16:37; edited 1 time in total

Ante wrote:Yep, metal that's the glitch. I forgot to mention if you line up a perfect rear shot it can go straight through to the front and only give you "front" damage. Very very annoying.
AH word

I wondered about that

Ante

Ante

Sym wrote:
AH word

I wondered about that
It's also has a higher chance of happening if the vehicle is moving towards the projectile. I try to stay still when battling another tank, or slam it in reverse. Could be placebo, but it seems to happen less often when driving away from the projectile.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Hmm.. I go into evasive maneuver mode if they dial me in. If we are close I drive in a circle around them.

Cracks me up to be 10 feet away and they keep missing me as I nail them. So few people can maneuver and shoot at the same time.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Pretty much, I love being a tanker. Back in BF3 though, it just didn't feel as satisfying as it does so far in be BF4.

Tanks are fun. But I prefer to gun and be repair bitch than drive

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I enjoy driving tanks more, I like to think I'm pretty decent with them, not sure if I've ever run with ya'll in one before. I can gun as well, but I prefer to drive personally.

I think I posted this video before, but here it is again. This was my first run in a tank since...well...BFBC2 for the most part. I hardly ever went tanker in BF3, not sure why to be honest (didn't have any reliable gunners I guess). This was also before I knew about the difference in angles and what have you.

Ante

Ante

pooping on tanks with the LAV may be my favorite thing ever. <3 TOW missile <3

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

What do you think about the LAV Ante? I had some people on the BL forums bitching about how the LAV destroys MBT's in CQC situations. I've never tried this since the MBT's usually do a shit ton of damage and I typically run support to friendly armor or do hit and run techniques when applicable while in the LAV.

Is it true that if you're point blank the LAV's own MBT's? I've never really lost to an IFV in a straight up 1v1 fight while driving an MBT myself, so I can't really say.

Ante

Ante

If you have the TOW missile equipped and you don't win against a tank 1v1 at close range... there's a problem.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

hmm, so would you say that it's OP? Not sure if the crying on the forums has any merit to be honest.

As a tanker, you shouldn't be fighting the enemy on your own in the first place, without infantry backup that is.

Ante

Ante

Too early to tell. If LAVs get the APFSDST (jesus fucking christ what an acronym) shell again... hahahahahaha yes OP.

We have yet to see how the HE rounds fare on MBTs also, so yeah. Too early to tell.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

That doesn't seem right.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ante wrote:Too early to tell. If LAVs get the APFSDST (jesus fucking christ what an acronym) shell again... hahahahahaha yes OP.

We have yet to see how the HE rounds fare on MBTs also, so yeah. Too early to tell.
The military loves their acronyms, trust me, I sometimes catch myself talking in military lingo to my family and they just look at me with a "wtf did you just say" expression on their faces.

Also, true it's too early to tell, hopefully everything will balance out once we have reactive armor and what have you unlocked.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

The AP shell has dramatically less splash, which I find rather troublesome. Other than that, MBTs are fine. No rape-tanks on consoles unfortunately.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum