New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

stopped my laptop from crashing constantly

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duck

Duck

Was trying for a while to figure out what my hardware blue screen of death was about. something about not receiving an interrupt from a secondary clock.

Thought that meant the processor, but nope, stress tested it and it was fine. RAM tested out fine too.

After weeks of dealing with a crash every hour or so,

I noticed that:
a: thing never crashed if I was playing a "real game"
b: A have dual graphics, so there's an integrated intel chipset that is used for less intensive stuff, aka, things that aren't "real games".

Long story short, disabled my intel HD graphics chipset in favor of only using the Radeon HD 7690M and the thing hasn't crashed yet all day.

Probably saved myself $750 seeing as Lenovo wasn't gonna touch the thing.

stopped my laptop from crashing constantly 3t5lJ

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I thought about getting this lenovo i5 laptop with dual gt650 gpus, but then I found out the laptop i5 is only a dual core =/

RStudios

Duck wrote:
b: A have dual graphics, so there's an integrated intel chipset that is used for less intensive stuff, aka, things that aren't "real games".
Wut? How does that actually work? All onboard chip sets ive know dont run when using a GFX card. They even run from different VGA/DVI ports. Only other way would be two monitors, one plugged into each, but I dont think that would even work.

Anyway, it was prolly just interfering with the card, not actually being used at all ever.

Duck

Duck

Yeah, they probably don't run at the same time. But there are two chips in there and I can tell applications which one to use, or choose which one is currently running. Not sure how the laptop actually handles it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum