Another PC build thread, calling all PC nerds

+2
JrTapia1991
Keyser Söze
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I've been thinking about getting a new PC for a while now (the one I use for mixing and everything else is nearly 8 years old).

Now with BF4 I've also been thinking I might as well make sure any possible build I might decide on be able to play it, as there's no way a new PC and a next gen console are both an option.

At the same time, as I stated in another thread, I really don't care much about playing BF4 at demanding settings. I want to play a steady and smooth 60fps at 1080, beyond that all settings could be set to low for all I care (although medium would be preferred.

I have been contemplating going the AMD FX8320 or 8350 route, but generally speaking the cheaper the better.

What are your thoughts? What graphic cards should I check out that would compliment the CPU (you know what I mean, all that bottle neck nonesense)?

Also, motherboards, your thoughts?

I should also add that I need a build that will continue to support my dual monitors (one with HDMI input) and that will have a PCI-e slot for my sound card.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

how cheap do you want the pc? The 6 core 6300 fx cpu is ~$100 often or even the cheap quad core athlon 750k (a10 5800k apu without the gpu in, it's cheap, quad core 4.0ghz about $75)

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

The cheaper the better. I've really only started giving it some thought as of late, but I still don't have a budget decided. That's why I am asking, I'm trying to find out how I could go about this in the cheapest way possible.

Also, I don't much confidence in my own knowledge on actually building a PC. I'm reading up on it, but still, feedback is always helpful.

You gonna have somebody else build it for you?

We really need some sorta budget lmao

It might be possible for 800$ ( I dunno Id have to look though )

Do you have OS, monitor. mouse and KB?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

you could save $100 by torrenting OS,although it seemed like a real pain to do for me, I just bought windows 7 oem lol.

Dude fuck torrenting an OS

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Mines is telling me its counterfeit now... I was hoping to get away with swapping the mobo.

Got get me a fresh key I guess.

Yea nothing good can come from that

OS's need to be legit

Ive literally never heard of somebody running a pirated OS and it running properly

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

this dude I know got the bootleg windows 7 and he's always crying about pretty much constantly it's telling him files are corrupted lmao

I mean I wouldnt do it, but then again Im paranoid about pretty much everything lmao

Pariah

Pariah

Sym wrote:Yea nothing good can come from that

OS's need to be legit

Ive literally never heard of somebody running a pirated OS and it running properly
Hi

this current iteration of W8 is my first purchased OS. I've pirated all the ones before it. Never had one single issue.

There is an exception to every rule

StormEye

StormEye

I just would not trust a pirated software that has the highest accessibility to everything in my system.

StormEye wrote:I just would not trust a pirated software that has the highest accessibility to everything in my system.
yup me either

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Especially if you're in a studio DAW environment...you need stability so shit doesn't crash and you loose hours upon hours of work.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Pariah wrote:
Sym wrote:Yea nothing good can come from that

OS's need to be legit

Hi

this current iteration of W8 is my first purchased OS. I've pirated all the ones before it. Never had one single issue.
Same here. Have had a pirated OS for over 7 years and not a single problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum