Attn RPG nerds!

+3
zachattack46
Metalzoic
1fnbighen
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Attn RPG nerds! Empty Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 17:44

Two Worlds 2 is a really good game! Now this is a game for big rpg fans only, as ot does have some major flaws. But the sheer content, really unique weapon/potion/armor/spell crafting system, good story and immense custimization totally overshadow it imo. A few notes

-had alot of graphical issues(horrid pop in at times)
-clunky animations
-occasional slowdown as it gets busy
-awkward voice acting

But I love everuthing else. once again though, only big time rpg fans will probablh like it,like alpha protocol.

This game is massive, and puts Oblivion to shame as far as pure content. And the loot, my.god the loot!

2Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 17:46

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i seriously popped in here thinking the bc2 rpg was getting an infantry damage buff

second note 2 worlds 2= 4 worlds?

3Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 17:47

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Really? I was interested until I saw the issues brought up in reviews.

Sym, mind being specific about what you like so much about it?
Are there any game mechanics that made you say "YES! I've always wanted a game to do that!"

The clunky animation is really what puts me off. Smooth and varied animation in a game is pretty major for me.

4Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 17:58

- the game is huge(massive)
-loads of content and missions
- I like the story(even if its rather generic)
- really good variety in missions(more than standard rpg fare)
-game literally lets you create your own spells, potions and has crazy custimization options for everything
-if you ever wanted to play an OP mage in an rpg, this is the game for you lol
-cool atmosphere, dessert and asain vibe. Unique for a fantasy rpg
-really interestin enemies
- hundreds of weapons

Again only consider this game if your really into rpgs. Its sort of got a fan service vibe. Again ots got flaws, for sure. But there are lots positive things in this game, some incredible. Ill ne putting off DA2 for a bit.I think now

5Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 18:15

zachattack46

zachattack46

hmmmmm I'll have to check this out then. I played the first and it was horrible maybe I should rent or buy once I play the hell out of da2 and shogun 2

6Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 18:40

The first 1 was so terrible! Holy hell, but I still played it. Damn the horrors of falling through the ground! Biggest sequel improvment maybe ever.

7Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 19:04

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'll check it out down the road then. I've got too many games at the moment and Homefront around the corner.

8Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 20:50

sheep

sheep

Giant rpg?

I may have to look into this. After DA2. Crafting sounds like a big thing in it, and I've never been much a of a crafter in games.

What is "horrid pop"? I'm afraid I don't even know what pop is in reference to games.

9Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 20:55

TexasMace

TexasMace

GuildWars damnit!

10Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-27, 22:58

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

sheep wrote:Giant rpg?

I may have to look into this. After DA2. Crafting sounds like a big thing in it, and I've never been much a of a crafter in games.

What is "horrid pop"? I'm afraid I don't even know what pop is in reference to games.

When things within the game suddenly pop into existence. Like trees, bushes, boxes etc... suddenly appearing on screen, usually a bit in the distance.

11Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-28, 18:20

For example, alot of times when loading my game, the environment is grey and black boxes for a few seconds, until the graphics pop in. not really a big deal to me in a game such as this.

12Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-28, 18:22

Crafting is huge, but also optional. You dont have to do it to build a good character. But it makes a huge difference. Plus any class can craft.

13Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-28, 18:52

TheGM

TheGM

Can I be a Necromancer Dark Knight? Or a Actual, Ranger somthing that is impossible in Oblvion.

If so.....

also....Multiplayers?

14Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-28, 19:02

Multi I havent tried yet, but it looks interesting and has a whole seperate campaign for co op.

And hells yes you can. This game has probably the deepest magic system I can remember. You also pick up a skill book for necromancy within the first 5 hours. Cant speak to much on the ranger clasd yet, but I will say there are tons of skills to use for the ranger class, and in the tutorial the archery seemed pretry cool. Also, you can craft your own arrows and custimize them with so many options. Seems to be a viable character.

15Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-02-28, 19:20

Also an example of the awesomesauce of the potion crafting. I was dicking around with my.cauldron the other night, and mixed these ingrediants.

-2 boar tusks
-1 venom gland from a scorpian
- 2 cheetah hairballs
-1 tainted mummy heart
- 1 fish brain

And volia I created a water walking potion. I am now Jesus.

16Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 10:33

zachattack46

zachattack46

Ended up trading in a few games the other day to get this and have to agree with symbolic on this one I'm loving it. It took me a while to get used to the camera and controls and figure out the gameplay but after that it's some good stuff. (which is good since the da2 demo is making me a little nervous).

17Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 12:40

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Symbolic wrote:Also an example of the awesomesauce of the potion crafting. I was dicking around with my.cauldron the other night, and mixed these ingrediants.

-2 boar tusks
-1 venom gland from a scorpian
- 2 cheetah hairballs
-1 tainted mummy heart
- 1 fish brain

And volia I created a water walking potion. I am now Jesus.

Cool, all ingredients I can easily find at Fred Meyer!
You use a cauldron in the game? I think that is pretty damn cool. Stormeye should play it since he' a witch.

18Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 16:32

Yea im holding off on dragon age 2 cus of this game. Just so huge, gonna be awhile. I actually switched.m preorder today to Homefront. Omni and DL must be proud!

But.if you can get past the rough spots, its a really good rpg. But I like most wrpg, so take it for what its worth ha. Only get it at 60 if you really want a deep rpg, and are now a bit worried about dragon age 2.

19Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 17:21

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Symbolic wrote:Yea im holding off on dragon age 2 cus of this game. Just so huge, gonna be awhile. I actually switched.m preorder today to Homefront. Omni and DL must be proud!

But.if you can get past the rough spots, its a really good rpg. But I like most wrpg, so take it for what its worth ha. Only get it at 60 if you really want a deep rpg, and are now a bit worried about dragon age 2.

Homefront baby!
I was at Gamestop today and saw a looping commercial for some fantasy game. It showed orcs fighting what looked like dudes in Warhammer chaos armor. Looked really cool and I thought it was a new Warhammer game.

Turned out to be Two Worlds 2. Between you and that commercial I'm sold.

Would have bought it right then, but they only had the PS3 version in stock and I only buy PS3 games if I really, really, really have to.
I'll grab it soon though (it's only fair since you're getting Homefront.)

20Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 19:12

sheep

sheep

Super awesome Ranger abilities?

Sounds fantastical to me. I might pick this up in a couple months. Thanks for the recommendation Sym. Graphics popping does not scare me!

21Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 20:52

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Pop-in and screen-tearing are 2 of my most hated game glitches.

22Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 21:05

zachattack46

zachattack46

I noticed after installing it to my hard drive that pop in and glitches in the cut-scenes where pretty much non existent still a little lag and monster glitches but nothing massive.

23Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 21:59

Yea installing helps alot, and the load times are actually very short. Especially compared to the fallout games. I just figured I would tell people its a pretty good game, since its under the radar. Which makes sense, considering just how terrible the original was ha.

Also note for sheep- dont know if it matters to you, but for some baffling reason you cant play as a female. Crazy I know! Just a note in case.it matters.

24Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-01, 22:10

TheGM

TheGM

Go play driver 2 on the PS1.

Any glitch you might encounter in any game from then on will not bother you one bit after playing it.

*falls through the street and crashes his car and dies becuase the game decided not to load it*

25Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 07:12

Ah the fond memories of Driver. Was fun for the first title.

After another TW2 session, this games rules. Just felt it needed stated again. My 2 handed warrior is insane lol. Tried out the mp, ans seems pretty fun.

26Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 09:33

sheep

sheep

Well, that's kind of mean, but I think I can live with it. It is kind of baffling though, did they forget about their female demographic? Playing a male doesn't bother me much, I do like to have the option though.

27Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 10:08

You have full female goodness and race choice in mp though!

28Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 20:11

sheep

sheep

I've never played an rpg on MP. Sounds weird.

29Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 22:24

Its a co op campaign. Can be played by yourself as well, which is cool. Considering its.another fully fleshed out story.

30Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 22:52

sheep

sheep

Oh, So not on line, but just with a buddy, like the PS2 Bauldur's Gates?

31Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 23:08

Sorta. You can play it solo "online", or co op online. No local mp. There are 6 chapters,.and you can play them with up to 3 other people im pretty sure . But the online isnt the focus of this game. Ill delve deeper into when I beat the regular game.

32Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 23:39

zachattack46

zachattack46

Plus there's some thing called village. I have no idea what it is maybe like rdr free roam? evidentally you need money to unlock I just don't know if it's sp or mp money. Have you tryed it yet sym? I may need to do a little research on that tonight.

33Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-02, 23:49

No I havent. It seems you need 10,000 auras with an online character to unlock it.

34Attn RPG nerds! Empty Re: Attn RPG nerds! 2011-03-03, 00:54

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

seems cool.I played a little of the 1st Two Worlds way back.I never could get into Oblivion much although I loved Morrowind.I love Fallout 3 and New Vegas....been looking for something I can sink hours into...I've been bored to death and been needing a good game.

Not sure if I'll buy it,but I'll most def. try and get gamefly again or something to rent it.

I liked what I played of KOTOR,and loved ME1 and 2,so I've been wanting to get DA Ultimate Edition.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum