chunckylover53
Ante
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ante

Ante

http://pixelenemy.com/battlefield-4-has-texture-problems-on-xbox-one/

BF4 has severe texture problems on the Xbox One HAxzbsh

Yikes. Also I'm pretty sure that's Caspian Border.

chunckylover53

Fuck Xbone

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

What am I looking for in that pic?
Is that area supposed to have the same grass as the forground and it is missing?
If so that is some really bad pop-in.

StormEye

StormEye

Its basically same as texture cheating that people used to do (maybe still can be done? as displayed in this topic) back in BF2 and 2142.

People using grass as cover later realized that people deliberately turned texture to low to remove all grass from game. Back then there was no 3D spotting, so grass cover was viable when the distance is greater than the usual minimap range.

I think XB1 just cannot handle the performance requirements, clearly indicated by 720P, so it had to turn down some settings, and by doing so, it did not match texture quality at a certain level.

It also can be compared to FO3 and FONV settings of "Grass Fade Distance", which controls how far the aesthetics only grass object disappears from the view.

Anyway, its not exactly the best news to come out when there are quite a big disappointment among gaming community about 720P native resolution that is going on already.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I think it's honestly sad in 2013 a console barely does 720p now....the 360 already upscaled to that. PS4 is much stronger, pretty much it's 1080p native on every game I've been reading

was gonna say fuck it and pre order the ps4 but it's sold out everywhere...by black friday they should be back in stock tho lol.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

JrTapia1991 wrote:yeah I think it's honestly sad in 2013 a console barely does 720p now....the 360 already upscaled to that. PS4 is much stronger, pretty much it's 1080p native on every game I've been reading

was gonna say fuck it and pre order the ps4 but it's sold out everywhere...by black friday they should be back in stock tho lol.
PS4 is 900p on BF4 from what ive heard.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The Adli Corporation wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:yeah I think it's honestly sad in 2013 a console barely does 720p now....the 360 already upscaled to that. PS4 is much stronger, pretty much it's 1080p native on every game I've been reading

PS4 is 900p on BF4 from what ive heard.
Yep and PS4 and X1 both upscale all non-native games to 1080p. However from what I've been reading the way the X1 upscales is much more advanced.

From both DF and now IGN's comparisons between BF4 running on both it looks like the X1 has the crisper textures.

I'll post it in a bit.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Metalzoic wrote:
The Adli Corporation wrote:PS4 is 900p on BF4 from what ive heard.
Yep and PS4 and X1 both upscale all non-native games to 1080p. However from what I've been reading the way the X1 upscales is much more advanced.

From both DF and now IGN's comparisons between BF4 running on both it looks like the X1 has the crisper textures.

I'll post it in a bit.
interesting, i figured both would upscale in the same way (both are 16:9 aspect ratio).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum