You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] perfect solo tank run

+3
Ron Swanson
JrTapia1991
HydrasBreath ♜
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 00:32

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/397918263406306752/352068516/

Stayed in the tank with no gunner for the entire round. Was pretty fun. I had to play pretty conservatively though so my kill count isn't crazy.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

chumped em lol afro afro 

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah I was surprised I was able to stay up the whole round. There were a few hairy moments.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

You were always a good tank driver. Pretty soon we will be seeing you do this with 30+ kills.

Im not a good tank driver, Im far to aggressive.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I've learned very quickly that there are three things the typically lead to successful tank run.

Near or complete air superiority, oblivious or noobie enemy tanker, superior infantry support.

The first and last are the most important from my experience, and it varies from map to map. Maps like Golamand Railway requires dominance of the skies to do well with armor IMO, while maps like Siege of Shanghai or Operation Dawnbreaker needs a mix of the two.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:I've learned very quickly that there are three things the typically lead to successful tank run.

Near or complete air superiority, oblivious or noobie enemy tanker, superior infantry support.

The first and last are the most important from my experience, and it varies from map to map. Maps like Golamand Railway requires dominance of the skies to do well with armor IMO, while maps like Siege of Shanghai or Operation Dawnbreaker needs a mix of the two.
I don't think I've ever been harassed by jet pilots yet. They are usually busy flying after each other.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Dr. Spaceman wrote:You were always a good tank driver. Pretty soon we will be seeing you do this with 30+ kills.
Thanks Terry. Keeping a tank up alone when there are 32 other people running around trying to kill you can be pretty challenging.

Also I just unlocked the HE shell so hopefully those work better against infantry than the AP shell.

Though I did nail a few people with the AP shell for some of those 16.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Not so much jet pilots, it's helicopters that I worry about most.

10[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 18:39

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Not so much jet pilots, it's helicopters that I worry about most.
Of course...derp on my end haha. Yeah they like to harass me quite a bit. I've popped a few choppers that flew too low though. Twisted Evil 

11[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 18:42

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

HydrasBreath wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:Not so much jet pilots, it's helicopters that I worry about most.
Of course...derp on my end haha. Yeah they like to harass me quite a bit. I've popped a few choppers that flew too low though. Twisted Evil 
I'm not at that level yet unfortunately, clipping the wings of over zealous chopper pilots is not my forte....yet. I've had quite a few close ones, but that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades Razz

12[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 18:48

Ante

Ante

I'm actually pretty good at hitting choppers with the tank. Always a good feeling when you knock one out of the sky.

13[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 18:49

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah I nailed a transport helo in the game I posted but most of them bailed before it crashed. It did a pretty cool flip though.

Razz 

14[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 18:49

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:I'm actually pretty good at hitting choppers with the tank. Always a good feeling when you knock one out of the sky.
I'm not the best at doing it yet...just takes practice really.

15[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 19:29

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

My first tank kill on BF4 was against a heli lol.

I've had a bit of trouble with my tank spinning out a lot when I get on uneven ground. Anyone here have the same trouble?

16[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 19:44

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Dr. Spaceman wrote:My first tank kill on BF4 was against a heli lol.

I've had a bit of trouble with my tank spinning out a lot when I get on uneven ground. Anyone here have the same trouble?
Yeah they seem to be a bit harder to control.

17[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 19:57

Ante

Ante

Massive fucking oversteer when you aren't going full throttle.

18[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 20:02

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Really? I don't have much trouble with them, I rarely ever go all Mark Vaughton in them.

19[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 20:09

StormEye

StormEye

I think the traction register on two separate tracks are a little more authentic this time around, making them easier to slip when not on flat surface.

20[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 23:29

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Tanking is more difficult now I'd say, mainly due to how absolutely awful the cannon is against infantry now, and the turret/co-ax remaining mediocre. I get that MBTs are primarily anti-armor, but goddamn is frustrating to have to shoot the ground between someone's legs twice to kill them.

Defensive options have improved, but so have the counters. The overall task has become much more demanding and reliant on an effective team. Which means it's time to learn how to abuse jets.

21[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-06, 23:47

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

MEGA MILK wrote:Tanking is more difficult now I'd say, mainly due to how absolutely awful the cannon is against infantry now, and the turret/co-ax remaining mediocre. I get that MBTs are primarily anti-armor, but goddamn is frustrating to have to shoot the ground between someone's legs twice to kill them.

Defensive options have improved, but so have the counters. The overall task has become much more demanding and reliant on an effective team. Which means it's time to learn how to abuse jets.
Yeah you definitely have to play more carefully. If you get surrounded by infantry you need to GTFO.

22[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-07, 00:21

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

MEGA MILK wrote:Tanking is more difficult now I'd say, mainly due to how absolutely awful the cannon is against infantry now, and the turret/co-ax remaining mediocre. I get that MBTs are primarily anti-armor, but goddamn is frustrating to have to shoot the ground between someone's legs twice to kill them.

good news is I hear the attack jets are pretty ridiculous though.

23[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-07, 01:31

StormEye

StormEye

Attack jets were already awesome back in BF3.

But I think fighter jet could be the one you might want to pilot for air vehicle hogging, as JDAM will enable killing ground targets with ease while being able to stay alive better in air to air battle.

Of course attack jet can win fighter jet depending on player skill, but fighter jet still has better maneuverability in air to air combat.

24[BF4] perfect solo tank run Empty Re: [BF4] perfect solo tank run 2013-11-07, 08:13

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

It just sucks trying to get JDAMS since the Main cannon of the stealth jets are absolutely garbage. There is something supremely wring when an A10 or Su-25 can out maneuver an F35 or Su-35b Flanker in a dog fight on top of out gunning them. The latter are air superiority fighters the attack jets should not be able to beat them in a turning war.

The main cannons for the fighters are an absolute joke (all three variants 20mm, 25mm even the 30mm cannons suck)

DICE really dropped the ball when it came to balancing the jets at least. There is absolutely no reason to fly anything but the attack jets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum