StormEye
HydrasBreath ♜
Duck
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Duck

Duck

I heard games like BF4 were all gonna be running with great graphics, 64 players, 1080p and 60 fps. Is that not true anymore? I've been hearing bad things about next gen.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Duck wrote:I heard games like BF4 were all gonna be running with great graphics, 64 players, 1080p and 60 fps. Is that not true anymore? I've been hearing bad things about next gen.
64 players and 60fps Yes. 1080p is a big no. Xbone is 720p and PS4 is 900p.

Yea 1080 isnt happening LOLZ

Pretty pathetic imho

StormEye

StormEye

I just hope that MGS will run at 1080 60 when it gets released.

Probably the only one that will be console only that I really dont want to miss.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

May get a PS4 in like 2 years. 1 if it's really good.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sym wrote:Yea 1080 isnt happening LOLZ

Pretty pathetic imho
Pfft... At least it works on them unlike your PC.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Metalzoic wrote:
Sym wrote:Yea 1080 isnt happening LOLZ

Pretty pathetic imho
Pfft... At least it works on them unlike your PC.
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! Shocked 

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ill still take my 60 fps at a relevant resolution thanks though

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'm getting the ps4

I WILL pick up a console eventually.

I just have no idea at this point which one, and when Ill take the leap

Honestly you have to realize as a PC gamer, this tech is pretty underwhelming. Very underwhelming for sure actually...

But I like the idea of consoles so Ill probably pick one up eventually.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Nay for me, until the price drops and more interesting games come out. First generation Consoles, like any new piece of hardware, will have teething problems. I'd rather wait a year or two for them to sort those things out first.

Also, I need to save up for furniture and stuff since come August I'll be sewing on E4 (Senior Airmen) and will likely be moving out of my dorm not too long after.

Id just rather upgrade mine or my wifes PC than blow money on a console

Bar the broken BF4 launch on PC, I have no desire to go back to consoles really. The simple plug and play is nice, but ultimately shallow to me. I prefer a more sophisticated machine i dunno.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

PS4 eventually, for exclusives only.

RStudios

So yay or nay on next gen consoles? AWZjW1K_700b

What exclusives though?

I guess Killzone and INfamous look cool enough

Im not seeing really anything from either side that gets me all riled up.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Sym wrote:What exclusives though?

Things I might enjoy. Plenty of Japanese or Asian games I will get. Armored Core is only ever going to be a console game, as well as those crazy Sony exclusive developers.

I mean if all you can think of for exclusives are Killzone and INfamous, great, I'm probably not getting those. If they release a new AC or any RPG that looks actually interesting.

Kenshiro wrote:
Sym wrote:What exclusives though?

Things I might enjoy. Plenty of Japanese or Asian games I will get. Armored Core is only ever going to be a console game, as well as those crazy Sony exclusive developers.

I mean if all you can think of for exclusives are Killzone and INfamous, great, I'm probably not getting those. If they release a new AC or any RPG that looks actually interesting.
Word

Yea Sony does have loads of niche games that dont interest me personally. Especially the regional ones that you like.

Im just saying for me Im not seeing anything exclusive wise for EITHER side that gets me excited. I mean Titanfall looks cool, but I can play that on PC. Destiny looks pretty neat, that might get me to jump towards  a console depending on how it ends up.

Personally Im a fan of Killzone and Infamous. Both are good franchises imo. But yea to each their own you know?

Will be interesting to see what happens to Halo and MGS.

Killer Instinct looks pretty cool to though

chunckylover53

The biggest wtf to me is titanfall will be 720p only.

StormEye

StormEye

chunckylover53 wrote:The biggest wtf to me is titanfall will be 720p only.
Now thats some bull shit.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

StormEye wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:The biggest wtf to me is titanfall will be 720p only.
Now thats some bull shit.

chunckylover53

The article, i guess it's not 100% confirmed but it's strongly hinted at.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/11/05/titanfall-xbox-one-720p-bombshell-doubts-confirmed/

StormEye

StormEye

Xbox 720

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I will wait out at least the first 6 months, more than likely a year, before I pull the trigger on one console or the other.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Dr. Spaceman wrote:I will wait out at least the first 6 months, more than likely a year, before I pull the trigger on one console or the other.
Why?

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Metalzoic wrote:
Dr. Spaceman wrote:I will wait out at least the first 6 months, more than likely a year, before I pull the trigger on one console or the other.
Why?
To wait and see if either of them have technical or hardware problems. And to wait and see how some of the exclusives look a little after launch.

chunckylover53

The only reason i am not waiting is because i will never bring myself to buy an X1.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I have a feeling no local store here will have it like walmart,etc. When the "super slim" ps3 came out, they didn't get it for months, and I don't even know if they STILL don't have it a year later.lol. Only had some Ratchet and Clank regular Slim bundle.

anyways, so I may end up having to wait till Black Friday,whenever a site gets it in stock

RStudios

I'm not gunna have the spare money else I would. As for stores not having them, I know someone that works in an ASDA who could put one aside for me when delivery came in, if I asked

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Metalzoic wrote:
Why?
I'd say that the right question is "why would anyone buy a console at launch"? Unless you have money to burn through, there's no point. Every single console sucks hard at launch, and some are downright terrible, like the 360.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ars Diaboli wrote: Every single console sucks hard at launch, and some are downright terrible, like the 360.
Terrible? I'm guessing you're talking about RRoD?

That just makes no sense at all to me.

Wait months or years to get something just on the off chance that you are in the minority that have a problem with it later? A problem that could then be replaced, fixed or possibly warrantied within a day or couple weeks?

I guess I could understand that thinking if these were big ticket expensive items, but they're not.

Ah Metal finally admits that consoles are toys:D 

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I've always said they were toys.

Word?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Word.
I also think guns are toys.

PC's are sophisticated gaming machines Cool 

Basically, really expensive toys

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

It's not the RRoD only. Consoles at launch rarely have more than 1 or 2 worthwhile games, and most are multiplat and/or ports. Why would I waste 400-500 in a console, plus games (and subscriptions now... hah!), when I can just use that money to buy games in a platform I already own? As an example, with those 600+, I can buy 20+ high quality PC games. I'd rather have early adopters beta test the console for me and buy it 1 year later, I have a ton of stuff to play already.

And the RRoD was not a "minority" problem. It had a retarded high failure rate that made Microsoft shit blood.

Ars Diaboli wrote:It's not the RRoD only. Consoles at launch rarely have more than 1 or 2 worthwhile games, and most are multiplat and/or ports. Why would I waste 400-500 in a console, plus games (and subscriptions now... hah!), when I can just use that money to buy games in a platform I already own? As an example, with those 600+, I can buy 20+ high quality PC games. I'd rather have early adopters beta test the console for me and buy it 1 year later, I have a ton of stuff to play already.

And the RRoD was not a "minority" problem. It had a retarded high failure rate that made Microsoft shit blood.
Triple word

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Take the PS3 for example. It had a lot of great buzz at its launch since its hardware was way beyond what the 360 was offering. But due to the way the hardware was set up it never reached its potential. Buying at launch you may not have known that would happen.

And PCs are just too much hassle. Take sym right now and BF4. I would be totally pissed if that happened every now and again when I bought a new game

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Oh, well if it doesn't have games that you like or want then of course don't buy it. That should go without saying.

And unless the 360 was over a 50% failure rate then it was in the minority.

Dr. Spaceman wrote:Take the PS3 for example. It had a lot of great buzz at its launch since its hardware was way beyond what the 360 was offering. But due to the way the hardware was set up it never reached its potential. Buying at launch you may not have known that would happen.

And PCs are just too much hassle. Take sym right now and BF4. I would be totally pissed if that happened every now and again when I bought a new game
PC's are a bigger hassle than consoles, thats not in question. FTR this shit Im going through with BF4 has never happened before....this is redic bad.....

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

To be fair, BF4 is DICE's fault. I have only had issues with 2 games in my PC. One because of retarded developers (ala DICE), another because the game was kinda old.

The amount of stuff I've done already easily wins against those 2 issues. I've been playing (well... before I moved out ;_; I will play again, I know it) Dark Souls with a friend, using some mods and it's fucking awesome. We used the aggresive mod and we get fucked all over, the challenge simply ramps up. And on top of it, we used retarded role playing builds to make it harder. We plan on doing self-gravelording later, and get our asses handed down to us by a fuckton of black phantoms. PC only.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems
Since its release on November 22, 2005, many articles have appeared in the media portraying the Xbox 360's failure rates,[2][3][4] with the latest estimate by warranty provider SquareTrade to be 23.7% nearly three years ago,[5] and currently the highest estimate being 54.2% by a Game Informer survey.[6]

Metalzoic wrote:Oh, well if it doesn't have games that you like or want then of course don't buy it. That should go without saying.

And unless the 360 was over a 50% failure rate then it was in the minority.
So you accept a 49% failure rate on hardware? Shocked 

chunckylover53

I got lucky and only had one console RRod, but a lot of people i know IRL have had such shit luck with it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

What? No one said anything at all about accepting failure rates. I was saying that being afraid that you will have it happen to you is a dumb reason not to get something that you want.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I went through 2 360s that broke

I had three RROD

Two in a row Evil or Very Mad 

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah. I went had both my launch 360 and my launch PS3 break.

Never had a PS3 break, in fact its still going strong

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah, it was a reliable system. I just got the short straw with my first. Second one started having issues as well though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum