[PS4] CoD:G to Receive Day One Patch to Run at 1080p on PS4

+2
Metalzoic
StormEye
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

TGN wrote:No seriously, Call of Duty: Ghosts on the PlayStation 4 will ship with 720p visuals. However, a patch that will be ready on release day will bump the game up to 1080p like magic.

"There was a configuration issue in the retail version on single-player mode only. This has been addressed with a day one software update. People will be able to download the day one update when PlayStation 4 launches in their territory and play at native 1080p."

So yeah, the multiplayer will be 1080p right out of the box but the single player will require that patch.
http://totalgamingnetwork.com/content.php?212-Call-of-Duty-Ghosts-to-Receive-Day-One-Patch-to-Run-at-1080p-on-PS4

Well there goes the neighborhood

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Interesting, but that doesn't say anything about fixing the framerate on the PS4 version.

They were having frame problems with fucking COD on the new consoles?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

With any new technology, there will be teething problems. Part of the reason (financial reasons aside) why I won't be buying the next gen right off the bat.

Yes but its COD

You could run that shit on a toaster

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yes according to several reviews the PS4 version is pretty rough while the X1 version runs like butter.

Here's an example.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/5052646/call-of-duty-ghosts-review

"While the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts has been confirmed by Activision to run at a lower resolution than its PS4 counterpart (720p upscaled to 1080p native, respectively), that numerical difference is less meaningful than you might imagine.

The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 , I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference. The next-gen releases of Call of Duty: Ghosts are so close together that gun to my head, I'd have no confidence in being able to discern which version was which — at least, while the two are standing still.

The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout.

For a multiplayer shooter, framerate consistency is paramount. Given its relative visual parity with the PS4 release, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more playable, slightly superior (albeit disappointing) game on Xbox One."

Word

The fact that they cant get this game running at a solid 1080 60 fps on these consoles is rather worrying to me though

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Eh... launch titles is all. Made for 2 gens of hardware.
Doesn't worry me as it always happens the same way.

Except in the case of the PS3 where it took them 3 fucking years to actually figure it out. Jesus.

Yea but this is the same engine were talking about here

This is the same exact engine as running on the current gen hardware

Pretty weak if you ask me

StormEye

StormEye

Launch title or not, I think IW sucks at making games now.

Overall quality of CoD:G is worst in the franchise history.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ha! I just checked on Gfaqs and I don't know what the story is (or if it's true), but people are talking about reports of PS4's bricking already.

StormEye

StormEye

Were they trying to CFW PS4 or something?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Doesn't look like it, but I haven't read any of it.

and no... this time around it's not the MS console, but the Sony one that's got reports of bricked consoles before release. Not good. I hope for all you guys getting one this week that they work fine.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715057

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/dude-wins-ps4-breaks-same-day-white-light-of-doom-30925694/?page=3

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/152019/sony-shipping-broken-ps4-s

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/breaking-neogaf-poster-on-neogaf-wins-playstation-4-from-taco-bell-breaks-in-the-same-day.453515273/

WTF are they bricking consoles for?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ha! Live feed of a guy trying to fix his streaming now
http://www.twitch.tv/hi11zones

Apparently he was trying to do the dau 1 update the PS4 needs and it fucked his system up.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sym wrote:WTF are they bricking consoles for?
It's now the "White Light of Doom". Looks like some might have been dead right out of the box.

Hopefully not the case because I REALLY WANT TO PLAY 64 PLAYER bf4 TOMORROW. gAH Caps lock!

StormEye

StormEye

Is this going to be your first 64 player experience?

AH the PS4 comes out tomorrow haha

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Pretty much.

Ante

Ante

Framerate problems aren't the fault of the PS4 here, it's on IW for doing such a shitty job with the game. I've heard from several people that it runs like garbage on PC too.

Ante wrote:Framerate problems aren't the fault of the PS4 here, it's on IW for doing such a shitty job with the game. I've heard from several people that it runs like garbage on PC too.
Yup

Hence why I was so surprised

PS4 should have enough juice to run COD on 1080 at 60 fps

Ante

Ante

That Fish AI™️ takes up a ton of resources, man. Razz

That and that dog haha

StormEye

StormEye

Ante wrote:Framerate problems aren't the fault of the PS4 here, it's on IW for doing such a shitty job with the game. I've heard from several people that it runs like garbage on PC too.
GTX Titan not being enough just cannot be justified with CoD graphics.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

StormEye wrote:Launch title or not, I think IW sucks at making games now.

Total Biscuit put it best in WTF is...COD:G?

"Let's be honest. You already know what this is."

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Ante wrote:That Fish AI™️ takes up a ton of resources, man. Razz
I know, they did in Super Mario 64 as well...

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:
StormEye wrote:Launch title or not, I think IW sucks at making games now.

Total Biscuit put it best in WTF is...COD:G?

"Let's be honest. You already know what this is."
That was pretty great

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

[PS4] CoD:G to Receive Day One Patch to Run at 1080p on PS4 H90102271

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum