New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[AC4] 1080p Update for Assassin's Creed IV is Available Now on PS4

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

TGN wrote:Though it shipped running at 900p, the 1080p patch for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is now available for the PlayStation 4.

"Finishing the game at 900p gave the development team the extra room in terms of the GPU and CPU usage to ensure the framerate never dips below 30 frames per second," explained Ubi.

Though they also say that you probably won't even notice the difference between 900p and 1080p. Now, if it were a jump from 720p to 1080p, then yeah, you'd probably notice.

They also said they've added a "brand-new anti-aliasing technique" to the game.
http://totalgamingnetwork.com/content.php?244-1080p-Update-for-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-is-Available-Now-on-PS4

This should explain why the game seems to be capped at 30 fps on PC version (I can't confirm myself, did not play it yet). They are shooting for 30+fps, not 60+fps, and probably wants to keep at safe minimum standard for fps so that casuals will not notice anything.

New consoles are annoying me greatly at the moment. The launch was supposed to bring gaming platform to a whole new level making it easier for devs to pump out high end stuff without worrying about console fanboys crying for communistic experience on both PC and consoles, but its still bogging things down both platforms. There is another article I read that PS4 is actually not sold at a loss, but is actually making profit unlike previous gen. Which basically explains that hardware put into it is garbage... XB1 is even worse than PS4, so I don't even know whats in that...

Its not locked at 30 fps, but it likes to stay right around there

StormEye

StormEye

Is it still staying around that zone, even after driver update?

Im actually just about to boot it up with the new drivers haha

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Nice, I'll go update the PS4 version now.
I'm really shocked at how awesome the game is, although it is pretty funny that they really just used the Assassins Creed name to sell a Pirate game.

It probably would have bombed as just a new pirate IP{ though which is sad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum