the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpack your cores or whatever

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unpack your cores or whatever Empty Unpack your cores or whatever 2013-11-21, 00:26

I cant find Hydras video but do it

Edit - This

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/t19586-bf4-potential-fix-for-high-fps-but-still-getting-stutter

RStudios

You been running with closed cores all this time sym?

Its damn money grabbing bullshit restricting PC's like that

I just did what was in Hydras video

Which is different than unpacking your cores

Im an idiot

Disregard my title

Just do what Hydea says to do in that link

It really helps BF4 performance

I dunno why I said unpacking cores

Ante

Ante

unpark*

>_>

Embarassed 

Just do what Hydras link says to do

I got this confused with another thread I read on BL

RStudios

Lol I know what it is.... shame I already have my 2 cores running at full speed lmao

I have never done that to my cpu though

Should I?

Will it make it run hotter?

RStudios

Faster == hotter... ALWAYS lol

Mine, i dont care, I'm practically on melting point keeping this pile of shit up to speed Very Happy

Then meh

I get good enough performance as is

Dont have money to upgrade CPU;s for awhile so dont wanna burn my shit out

StormEye

StormEye

Unparking cores are just a way to bypass OS from epic failing on activating cores when necessary, basically forcing them to be on all the time. Its not needed if things are running fine.

I have my CPU under Intel's OC warranty thingy, so I push it as far as I can without system crashing. CPU burning up, I really don't give two craps about it. If anything, I will have an excuse to get Haswell. And I will have brand new CPU from warranty shoved inside office PC, or will just build a recording only system with capture card. Shadowplay is awesome, but because its beta its got some issues I've been running into lately.

Storm most of us dont have money coming out our asses

Burning up a CPU no longer under warranty is bad news bears for me since Im just a college student at the moment.

StormEye

StormEye

You should get it under warranty thingy. I don't think it cost much. But I forgot which CPU you are using. Is it 920?

Got the 1366 socket

Which isnt as common as most people have the 1155

StormEye

StormEye

Gahh~

You basically missed out on the OC warranty. I saw your CPU on the list when I signed up for it, almost a year ago now, but its no longer available for your CPU.

Now its Ivy Bridge and up, only.

Yea the wife and I have the same CPU

Its a good cpu, Im just paranoid about temps. Even though I should not be, probably.

StormEye

StormEye

Unless you do EXTREME OC, there really is no reason to worry about anything.

Your motherboard might have some preset OC profiles that you can test out.

It hit 65c max today playing AC4 and BF4

Not bad, not bad at all

Its just this bitch is 25 months old, and I hope it gets me through at least another 2.

StormEye

StormEye

Mine goes around 80~90 (coretemp) / 70 (MB) when I am torture testing it. And Intel CPUs should have hard limit on them at 105 to just shut down to prevent damage.

I checked price for 960 just now, and I just can't understand why the price is still so high.

RStudios

Sym, ALL (least i think so) CPU's have a thermal cutout. It will shutdown your comp like your plugged the plug if it hits the limit.

The limit is around 85-95c where most kick in, WAY below what causes any damage, Silicon can do 120c+ i belive. Only damage you can ever do to you comp is via extream overclocking / volt changes.

Fucking around with the cores wont cause any damage, it may just run hot as hell Very Happy

Yea they are still expensive

Its a good CPU, but hardly the best anymore.

But for gaming its more than good enough, and will be for awhile.

I always heard cpu;s have a lower thermal threshold than gpu's? Is that not true?

RStudios wrote:Sym, ALL (least i think so) CPU's have a thermal cutout. It will shutdown your comp like your plugged the plug if it hits the limit.

The limit is around 85-95c where most kick in, WAY below what causes any damage, Silicon can do 120c+ i belive. Only damage you can ever do to you comp is via extream overclocking / volt  changes.

Fucking around with the cores wont cause any damage, it may just run hot as hell Very Happy
Really? Crazy.....I didnt know that CPU's could withstand such extreme temps.

As long as Im below 80 I should be more than ok then haha.

StormEye

StormEye

As I said, I am running in the range of 80~90.

NO~~~~~ PROBLEM.

geez my core temp starts going nuts when i get near 80

It turns ll red

RStudios

Sym wrote:
Crazy.....I didnt know that CPU's could withstand such extreme temps.
You think the people that invented watercooling and pelters thought on day "this cpu is nearly 35c... thats way too hot.. lets cool it down a little"

My comp keeps half my house warm on its own, infact I only turned the heating on last week, 6 months without it lol.

Damn dude sounds like its time to upgrade lmao

Ante

Ante

My last PC heated my room in winter. Had to leave the window open even when it was below freezing so I wasn't dying of heat stroke. Summer was terrible.

Maybe thats why Ive always been hot around my PC haha

Damn heat.....although my shit is under control now...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum