HydrasBreath ♜
Metalzoic
Frostbyrn
StormEye
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

The Escapist wrote:Smacking your Xbox One could be the key to fixing the console's Blu-ray drive, but we don't recommend it.

A handful of Xbox One owners have been experiencing a problem with the console's Blu-ray drive. When a disk is inserted into the drive, an ugly grinding noise emanates from the system and tears automatically start streaming down the owner's face. Luckily, only a small number of Xboxes have been affected, and Microsoft is replacing the consoles as quickly as possible. However, several users have discovered a fix. Though, like most types of violence, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

On Monday, one YouTube user published a short video in which he hit his broken console several times before powering it up. The unit appeared to be working correctly after applying the "fix," but this technique probably isn't completely reliable. Just because something is working doesn't mean that it's fixed.

The problem is reportedly due to a misaligned gear inside of the drive assembly. However, until Microsoft issues some kind of official statement regarding the cause, all of this is mostly guesswork.

Affected Xbox owners should contact the manufacturer before engaging in fisticuffs with their console. Plus, Microsoft has been compensating players by supplying a complimentary digital copy of Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, or Zoo Tycoon. And, since you don't need a disk drive to play digital titles, you'll have something to do until your new console shows up.
Source

We are going old school in fixing electronics in the new era. LoL

Hahahahahaha

This reminds me I guess Twitch had a massive ban wave after the PS4 was released....

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ah applying some good old percussive maintenance

Anybody remember the day of blowing into the NES cartridges?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You blew your NES cartridges?

Fucking pervert Very Happy

But nah I remember the 64 cartridges

StormEye

StormEye

I still sometimes do it on CD.

<_<
>_>

Slide~

We also used to blow into the NES itself as dust caused all kinds of havoc

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Blow a CD Storm?

Im a huff and wipe kind of guy Very Happy

StormEye

StormEye

A few specs of dust on the data surface brings me back memories of cartridge days, and mandates me to do so.

Hahaha

I honestly cant remember the last time I used an actual CD

Wait nvm I use them in the car all the time lol

StormEye wrote:A few specs of dust on the data surface brings me back memories of cartridge days, and mandates me to do so.
Yea no doubt. We are old enough to remember those days. Man those old NES's were a real bitch werent they? haha

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Affected Xbox owners should contact the manufacturer before engaging in fisticuffs with their console. Plus, Microsoft has been compensating players by supplying a complimentary digital copy of Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, or Zoo Tycoon. And, since you don't need a disk drive to play digital titles, you'll have something to do until your new console shows up.
The hell? I'm calling them back tomorrow to get my free fucking game.

Did your disk drive fuck up?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Nope power brick

But Metal demands Satisfaction!

Dont think you can get a free game unless your disk drive broke lol

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Anybody remember the day of blowing into the NES cartridges?
ah those were the days...or wiggling the cartridge in the slot to find the "sweet spot" so the title screen doesn't come up all glitched out.

Good times.

Grey

Grey

I've had no problems whatsoever.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Sym wrote:
StormEye wrote:A few specs of dust on the data surface brings me back memories of cartridge days, and mandates me to do so.
Yea no doubt. We are old enough to remember those days. Man those old NES's were a real bitch werent they? haha
And and your friends could only fix their NES, you fixed only yours. It was common just blow into the game whether it worked right away or not.

ConciliarFox wrote:
Sym wrote:
And and your friends could only fix their NES, you fixed only yours. It was common just blow into the game whether it worked right away or not.
No doubt haha

Those were the days

Shinma

Shinma

Sym wrote:
ConciliarFox wrote:
Sym wrote:
No doubt haha

Those were the days
My favorite was when it would repeatedly not work and you slowly started pushing the cartridge down harder and harder with each frustrating failed attempt.

My old NES probably doesn't even work anymore

I think its in my parents garage

Shinma

Shinma

I used to keep my NES and SNES at my grandparent's house, but they moved and told me they put it in storage. Only just recently did they tell me that they threw them out a long time ago... I almost bicycle kicked my grandma out the window.

Haha that would piss me off

Those are ancient relics now

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

My NES still works. Bought new in like 1989. It's a fucking trooper.

StormEye

StormEye

I need to dig it up from warehouse in Korea.

Wonder if that thing still works. Had minor issues before I stowed it away.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

better not curse at it >_>

chunckylover53

They bought a freaking NSA camera and put it in their house, what do they expect?

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

My SNES still works no problem. I grew up on that console, and it was the bomb. I didn't get a NES until last year.

Every summer we still do a mandatory play through of super mario world. Nothing better, It's still so much fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum