the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommend me A video editor

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recommend me A video editor Empty Recommend me A video editor 2013-12-09, 19:45

StormEye

StormEye

I had been using Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 to edit my footage taken from nVIDIA's ShadowPlay feature. But last night I had run into trouble, and still currently am, in getting the video to be. Its not using any resources of my PC, and taking at least 8 times longer than before to get something done (actually nothing done, as I cancelled it last night, and still doing it right now after waking up). Not sure what is wring now, since it used to work fine.

I also tried Movavi, but it does not seem to like SLi config, and even if I just used CPU to encode, audio is out of sync. Bleh~

So, if anyone is using other video editor and would like to recommend me something, go for it.

At the moment, I am looking at Adobe stuff, but they all turned into subscription stuff that is paid monthly not yearly...

Last edited by StormEye on 2013-12-09, 21:34; edited 1 time in total

Ante

Ante

Vegas. Seriously, there's no reason to use any other editor for gaming footage.

StormEye

StormEye

Have you tried editing longer videos (or larger file sizes, like 3GB+) taken with ShadowPlay in Vegas?

There are people having issues with audio sync, when I was looking around GeForce forum.

I had been eyeing Vegas as well, but was put away with this issue, which I had in Movavi as well.

If it has no issue on your end, I might try it out.

Also, I just checked CyberLink's forum, and apparently its the new nVIDIA beta driver thats causing problem with PowerDirector and CyberLink released beta update on their own for this. So I will have to try that out later.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Recommend me A video editor

FOB! Very Happy

StormEye

StormEye

There, happy now?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Love you Stormy Very Happy

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I use Sony Vegas, though my cards are not new enough to use Shadowplay, so I can't really comment about that. I'm still using Dxtory honestly.

StormEye

StormEye

ShadowPlay is just way too awesome, and since lots of issues are solved since the new GeForce Experience update, I don't think I will ever use Dxtory (got it just to check out) and FRAPS (used it way back), unless the game I play does not support ShadowPlay (somehow, as if the game runs on the GPU then it has to work) or I use AMD card (I doubt, as I want G-Sync. NOW!).

StormEye

StormEye

Am I just gonna have to fork out $$$ to Sony for Vegas? Its enough to buy a 290X. Flippin $500. LoL

I am getting very annoyed with resulting uploads on YouTube, when I am using my current editors.

I just downloaded the trial version of Vegas Pro 12. Currently I am rendering something with settings recommended, which is supposed to be YouTube HD 1080P friendly (saw a video on it).

10Recommend me A video editor Empty Re: Recommend me A video editor 2013-12-10, 16:37

Ante

Ante

I can give you my render settings if you want. I have not rendered a longer video with Shadowplay yet though as BF4 was giving me trouble with it. I think there's been a patch or two since then so maybe it's fixed. I actually haven't played in a while though because my mouse broke and I'm waiting on a new one...

11Recommend me A video editor Empty Re: Recommend me A video editor 2013-12-10, 20:36

StormEye

StormEye

Which version of Vegas are you using?

12Recommend me A video editor Empty Re: Recommend me A video editor 2013-12-11, 00:17

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I thought there was a cheaper version of vegas that was just the editor itself for like $75 on amazon I saw linked way back when Art was asking as well? I remember something like that lol.

anyway, does anybody know if you have to have godly internet to stream, or is it better to just record it? I heard there's some capture card-like device that doesn't eat up your internet while streaming ( but it sounds kinda fake to me...I mean if your streaming either way I think it'd eat internet up like crazy) >_<

I pay for 20mb internet but really get 12mb download, 2.89mb upload

13Recommend me A video editor Empty Re: Recommend me A video editor 2013-12-13, 23:16

StormEye

StormEye

Man, I'm spending butt load of $ on random crap now.

Anyway, I bought it, and went with Vegas Pro 12 Suite version since it was selling for same price as just Pro version.

Oh well, I will have to push my upgrade consideration to get i7-4960X, Rampage VI Extreme Black edition, and loads of RAM (for RAMdisk stuff), just a little further.

14Recommend me A video editor Empty Re: Recommend me A video editor 2013-12-14, 10:38

StormEye

StormEye

Ante wrote:I can give you my render settings if you want.

Now is a good time, whenever you see this post, or the one above, I suppose.

Been looking into various tutorials, and am studying.

My room is hot from all the rendering. LoL

15Recommend me A video editor Empty Re: Recommend me A video editor 2013-12-19, 23:09

StormEye

StormEye

It was a good choice to bring all the left over parts to office to make my current office PC. I am doing render testing here in office, while I am working. LoL

I could also just use my iPad with splashtop to remote render from home, though. But I don't have all settings down at the moment, so at least I am doing the testing on-site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum