Comrade Rage77
Same
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Same

Same

So I'd like to learn BASS guitar.

http://www.poolesmusic.co.uk/acatalog/Starter_Guitars.html

Copy paste that or something, it's the second one.

Is that a decent price for what you get? (I also like it because it looks like Yui's (From K-on) Guitar but with some minor difference with a little more white.

Comrade Rage77

Comrade Rage77

I'd say that's not a bad price. Really, if it's your first Bass and you're just learning you don't need a really high end instrument. It appears to be made of decent materials too.

Same

Same

Comrade Rage77 wrote:I'd say that's not a bad price. Really, if it's your first Bass and you're just learning you don't need a really high end instrument. It appears to be made of decent materials too.

Finally a response xD

So it's decent for a beginning instrument? That's fine, I MIGHT just get it for christmas then Surprised

Comrade Rage77

Comrade Rage77

Does it come with an amp? If not, make sure you get an amp that is made specifically for a Bass.

Same

Same

Comrade Rage77 wrote:Does it come with an amp? If not, make sure you get an amp that is made specifically for a Bass.

I wont be buying an amp till a few weeks later because I 'll piss my parents off for making a hella lot of noise. unless I really need one.

Comrade Rage77

Comrade Rage77

Mama Luigi wrote:
Comrade Rage77 wrote:Does it come with an amp? If not, make sure you get an amp that is made specifically for a Bass.

I wont be buying an amp till a few weeks later because I 'll piss my parents off for making a hella lot of noise. unless I really need one.

Isn't that the point of learning an instrument? To be loud and obnoxious?

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Looks nice to me. I wouldn't buy anything without playing it first but for a beginning bass it looks nice!

You are going to need an amp though, or you won't be able to hear yourself play, haha. Unless it's an acoustic, but it looks electric to me.

Same

Same

Comrade Rage77 wrote:
Mama Luigi wrote:

Isn't that the point of learning an instrument? To be loud and obnoxious?

xD Yeah it is I'll probably get an amp with whatever money is leftover and yeah it's electric so i'll definitely need one, I wasn't thinking straight when I posted at first because it was 3:50something in the morning

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

For a starter guitar, that's a good price. Just for comparison, my first guitar (Jackson Performer PS-1) was $125, then Ibanez RG-570 was $575, Ibanez S-series was $250, Ibanez SA $450 (my current guitar, and my favorite) and my Ovation CS-2000 went for $500-$600.

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Try it before you buy it. That said I heard the only thing worth buying from Squire is there Bass so that's something really cheap to look in to.

Link is broken so I can't see what you were looking at though.

Wacco

I agree with the try it before you buy it thing. Also, an amp for a bass is a must. How much is it and what brand? Your link didn't work. The brand can be pretty important, I always trust a Fender/Squier or Gibson/Epiphone for being quality instruments. If it's another well known brand, it can't be too bad. Cheap doesn't mean bad either. My first was a squier strat for about 100$ and the one I use now and love is a Squier Jagmaster. Just make sure you try it to see if you like it and it's a good quality instrument.

Same

Same

Wacco wrote:I agree with the try it before you buy it thing. Also, an amp for a bass is a must. How much is it and what brand? Your link didn't work. The brand can be pretty important, I always trust a Fender/Squier or Gibson/Epiphone for being quality instruments. If it's another well known brand, it can't be too bad. Cheap doesn't mean bad either. My first was a squier strat for about 100$ and the one I use now and love is a Squier Jagmaster. Just make sure you try it to see if you like it and it's a good quality instrument.

http://www.poolesmusic.co.uk/acatalog/Bass_Guitars.html

There, I'm not sure if you saw this brand before. £98

Wacco

I have never seen the brand before, but it looks to be a quality bass and I read some reviews and they were mostly positive. Again, a starter isn't supposed to be a super high quality instrument. It should be fine for learning.

Same

Same

Wacco wrote:I have never seen the brand before, but it looks to be a quality bass and I read some reviews and they were mostly positive. Again, a starter isn't supposed to be a super high quality instrument. It should be fine for learning.

Checking the amps is high priced to me D: £88
with £98 wouldn't get me a christmas present xD

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

You really should try it first. Look for comfortableness in playing and sitting/standing with it. The amp will shape the sound/tone the most, but you wanna make sure you like it. If you don't like it you won't wanna play it as much.

I agree and disagree with the idea of a first instrument not being too high-quality. If you know for sure that is absolutely what you want to do then go with what makes you happy and will keep you happy. If you're just trying it out to see if you'll love it then go cheap, but get the most out of your money.

Wacco

I see your point Cookie, but on the other hand it's not like you want to buy a Les Paul for your first guitar.

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Maybe an Epiphone Les Paul. Razz

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

You could always find a small 10watt amp, they are usually cheap and are good for starting.

Most starting instruments you want to get will be decent, reliable, and sturdy (trust me, you will probably drop a few times). If you like playing bass and keep playing steadily, then look for that "dream bass" a good player will get better with a well made instrument.

PS- if you can, try to learn some basic maintenance for it, such as changing strings, setting action, handling spurs on your bridge and saddle. These are good things to learn and will save you alot of money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum