We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Network Bridge from Hell

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Network Bridge from Hell Empty Network Bridge from Hell 2010-10-25, 02:53

Crimson Exitus

Crimson Exitus

I've been bridging my 360's connection to Xbox Live through my laptop since the middle of August, it's been pretty good up until the last two weeks.

I'll be able to join games for maybe five to ten minutes and then I'll be kicked off of Live and wait while everything boots back up to normal.

Any help you guys could provide will be incredibly appreciated.

2Network Bridge from Hell Empty Re: Network Bridge from Hell 2010-10-25, 04:38

Why are you bridging in the first place?

3Network Bridge from Hell Empty Re: Network Bridge from Hell 2010-10-25, 05:03

Are you bridging it with another router basically making your router receive internet like a laptop?

4Network Bridge from Hell Empty Re: Network Bridge from Hell 2010-10-25, 10:10

Same

Same

T-800 wrote:Why are you bridging in the first place?

He might need to because his xbox doesn't connect wirelessly, and you can bridge connections using a llaptop so there's no need for being wired directly to the router.

5Network Bridge from Hell Empty Re: Network Bridge from Hell 2010-10-25, 16:41

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I have to bridge my xbox like that, I had to play around with my laptops firewall a bit, I hit the "gaming enabled" option, then I had to port forward my laptop to get a better connection. It's really dangerous for my laptop but it also is in bad shape and it's all I use it for. If you know what your looking at check your firewall settings and your router settings.

@ T-800- The only reason I use the bridge: It's a $100 for a wireless adapter for the 360, and I live with other people, so I use my laptop bridge. If that all you use your laptop for, it can work really well, and get a good connection, but it is at the sacrifice of your laptops security.

6Network Bridge from Hell Empty Re: Network Bridge from Hell 2010-10-25, 17:02

ConciliarFox wrote:I have to bridge my xbox like that, I had to play around with my laptops firewall a bit, I hit the "gaming enabled" option, then I had to port forward my laptop to get a better connection. It's really dangerous for my laptop but it also is in bad shape and it's all I use it for. If you know what your looking at check your firewall settings and your router settings.

@ T-800- The only reason I use the bridge: It's a $100 for a wireless adapter for the 360, and I live with other people, so I use my laptop bridge. If that all you use your laptop for, it can work really well, and get a good connection, but it is at the sacrifice of your laptops security.
You do know that you can just use a wireless bridge right?
Link.

7Network Bridge from Hell Empty Re: Network Bridge from Hell 2010-10-26, 12:12

Chewy

Chewy

T-800 wrote:
You do know that you can just use a wireless bridge right?
Link.

An ethernet cable is quite a bit cheaper.

Have you tried just using internet connection sharing(ICS) Crimson? I believe that works a bit differently.There should be an option to turn it on the wireless settings in Windows(probably in the IPv4 settings). After you find that all you should need to do is turn it on and restart your Xbox and you should be good to go.

8Network Bridge from Hell Empty Re: Network Bridge from Hell 2010-10-26, 19:00

Found one for $25 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180035 ) but it is only wireless G if that is an issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum