Epyk MD
Metalzoic
budha_monks
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bridged Network Empty Bridged Network 2011-03-27, 05:39

budha_monks

budha_monks

Ok, so I'm tipsy but that shouldn't count for anything/ Anyhow, I'm trying to create a bridged wireless network with my pc for my 3660(if that makes sense) and can't figure ou twhy it disconnects every 20 minutes or so. I can't seem to get it to work so I'm easkin' fellow SeCers to the call. ANy help would be greatly appreciated =)

2Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-27, 12:43

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I've never run mine bridged, but Conciliar Fox was messing with bridging awhile back. Maybe he got it figured out.

You might try PMing him in case he doesn't see this topic.

3Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-27, 12:48

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Nice zoic! I wouldn't remeber who was doing the same before. Glad you remembered.

4Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-27, 12:52

Chewy

Chewy

Do you have windows?

Using Internet Connection Sharing is probably a better option if that's the case.

All you need to do is go into the properties of your internet connection and enable it. Here's instructions how to do that, let me know if you need help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314066

5Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-29, 20:23

budha_monks

budha_monks

Chewy wrote:Do you have windows?

Using Internet Connection Sharing is probably a better option if that's the case.

All you need to do is go into the properties of your internet connection and enable it. Here's instructions how to do that, let me know if you need help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314066

Yeah I'm using XP. I'll check out the link u posted thanks. And thanks for everyone tryin' ta help out.

6Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-29, 22:23

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

If anything get a wired connection if possible man.

I ran that connection almost 2 years man, hated most of it. And my NAT was open and everything. Its not really worth it, look around online and find a long cable for cheap.

Just take it from experience, do anything possible to avoid using a wireless connection, especially.....*shudders* an ICS one.

7Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-29, 22:31

Zillah

Zillah

The Plutonian wrote:If anything get a wired connection if possible man.

I ran that connection almost 2 years man, hated most of it. And my NAT was open and everything. Its not really worth it, look around online and find a long cable for cheap.

Just take it from experience, do anything possible to avoid using a wireless connection, especially.....*shudders* an ICS one.

^This

I bought a a 100 foot ethernet cord on amazon for like $12. ran it all the way from my modem, through the floor and into my basement where my xbox is. once its done its so much less of a hassle

8Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-29, 22:36

I know some about bridging a network. But, i HIGHLY wouldn't recommend it. Wireless is bad enough, bridge wireless is even worse. If you can run a eithernet somehow, do it. Its very worth it.

9Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-30, 01:04

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Exactly. Monoprice.com has great prices on really good ethernet cables.

I have been running a 150 foot I got for 15 or so bucks underneath my house for almost 2 years.
Cord still works like a charm

10Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-30, 08:08

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I ran it because there was no other option, but to do it:

go under your connection settings, highlight both your landline connection and your wireless connection, right click it and highlight "bridge connections", if you successful you'll get a new bridge icon in your connections. Get your computer online, use an ethernet cable to plug into you xbox and laptop. When you go to set it up in your xbox it'll be under your "wired connections". I had to mess with some firewall settings to get mine to work (uPnP, and a "gaming enabled" option) and if you need to fix router settings it'll show up under your computers connection. Just to warn you, to get the best connection possible you might be sacrificing some security on your computer, I messed with my router settings for a bit and came up with a good compromise, but after the XBL update in November I couldn't get it to work the same way again.

Just always remember your xbox will show up under your computers connection. I hope that helped a bit.

11Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-30, 13:14

budha_monks

budha_monks

Hey thank you everyone for teh tips. I just wanted to do a bridged network cuz I wanted to play in the bedroom instead of the living room all the time lol.

Again, thanks yo('s)!

12Bridged Network Empty Re: Bridged Network 2011-03-30, 17:14

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Hope all goes well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum