Niners starting Troy Smith this week

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

D

Should be interesting.

I saw that. Not Vick, but he'll do.

D

Vick-lite lol

Hopefully he's still mobile cause that's what the Niners need at QB with that OL.

Who drafted Troy Smith? I can't remember where he first went to. Wasn't the Niners I don't think.

D

Baltimore Ravens

That's right. I was thinking Miami, but that's where Ginn went.

D

Ginn and Smith played together in college and HS so hopefully there is some chemistry there.

Is Ginn at SF now?

D

Yep

I had no idea.

*puts on "I know nothing" hat*

D

Troy Smith leading that Niners to victory.

They just need to move to London.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Smith looked good, he at least limited his mistakes.

D

ConciliarFox wrote:Smith looked good, he at least limited his mistakes.

There is a poster on gamefaqs who HAS to be Alex Smith brother, father, agent, or something.

He's all like "Troy Smith played slightly worse than Alex Smith".

I've asked for reasons why and I'll be sure to update with what no doubt will be some lolworthy reasoning.

Maybe just a Buckeye hater. Nobody seems to hate the Utes.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

His stats weren't really impressive, but all you need to do to win an NFL game is limit your mistakes. 49er's have a good team, if anything he has Gore to hand off to, and 2 big targets in Davis and Crabtree, and a decent defense (they are just on the field too much). It's just limiting mistakes.

D

ConciliarFox wrote:His stats weren't really impressive, but all you need to do to win an NFL game is limit your mistakes. 49er's have a good team, if anything he has Gore to hand off to, and 2 big targets in Davis and Crabtree, and a decent defense (they are just on the field too much). It's just limiting mistakes.

Word.

The biggest stat for me was no turnovers.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Arcot 'Thorny' Ramathorn wrote:
ConciliarFox wrote:His stats weren't really impressive, but all you need to do to win an NFL game is limit your mistakes. 49er's have a good team, if anything he has Gore to hand off to, and 2 big targets in Davis and Crabtree, and a decent defense (they are just on the field too much). It's just limiting mistakes.

Word.

thats the biggest stat

Majora1988

Majora1988

ConciliarFox wrote:
Arcot 'Thorny' Ramathorn wrote:

Word.

thats the biggest stat

All Smith needs to be is a caretaker. If he can do that, then he is welcome to be the starter.

Obviously im a buckeye homer, but weve been waiting for him to be given his chance. Troy will be a good qb in this league, mark it down. There were.about six plays in that game he made that alex couldnt make in his dreams. Hes smart, tough very mobile, got a good arm and is uber competitive. I think you niner fans will be pleased.

D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/03/mike-singletary-wants-better-leadership-from-quarterback-position/

Symbolic, you are oozing with Homerism. =) It's cool though. I think Bradford will be the next Joe Montana.

brother mouzon

From what I hear Troy Smith had a good game. Good to hear it. However, I personally think Alex Smith also has a future, maybe with another team. I've watched him play and I don't know where he gets the bad rep. Yeah, maybe not living up to his draft slot but that's the case with many high picks. Doesn't mean he can't do the job.

I believe the A. Smith struggles have more to do with it being a QB/head coach mismatch.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Alex Smiths troubles have spanned over 2 (maybe 3) head coaches. Some of it may be that, but I do put most of it on him. He was the number 1 pick in the 2005 (2006?) draft.

D

I think Alex Smith lacks mental toughness.

When things are good he plays decent, but once **** starts unraveling he regresses.

I have not issue throwing him under the bus because last season I was a huge supporter of the guy but he's too inconsistent.

D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/09/mike-singletary-wont-commit-to-a-starting-quarterback/

Dammit

Majora1988

Majora1988

Kenneth wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/09/mike-singletary-wont-commit-to-a-starting-quarterback/

Dammit

I refer to Parcells who once said, if you have 2 QBs you have none.

D

Parcells is awesome.

Majora1988

Majora1988

I think it fucking sucked, NEXT QUESTION!

-Parcells on one of his losses on the Bills.

D

What a performance this week.

Awesome stuff.

Back in the playoff hunt eh?

D

All you have to do to be in the Playoff hunt in the NFC West, is be in the NFC West so that's not saying a whole lot lol.

The Giants queaked into the playoffs a few years ago. Then they went on to beat the Undefeated Pats.

D

Yeah I remember that. Niners ar doing better, but they need to improve on some areas.

There were 3 TD's and an INT called back yesterday due to penalties.
Mad

I see my boy troy had another very solid performance. God I live to see it! Troy is my third all time favorite buckeye, and never doubted him. Hes a football player, period, and his teamates respect the hell out of him. The niners are mt second team now, so many former buckeye stars on the roster. With troy they suddenly ate very dangerous, cant key on gore anymore, or troy and all those weapons will kill you. I know I sound like a homer, I kinda am lol. But ive always believed in troy. He is a good qb with alot of upside.

brother mouzon

Where was Troy Smith drafted? Meaning...in what round?

He fell all the way to the fifth. Evetry "expert" had him as a first round pick before the debacle against florida. Same thing happened this year with colt mccoy. Whos been looking pretty good for my browns.

Lesson- most talking heads on tv air morons who read scripts from espn. Even mel kiper is a fraud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum