New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

School Coursework - Creative Writing.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Same

Same

Okay, no idea why I left something like so late because I had two weeks to either make a draft creative written work or a opening chapter. So far I have been stumbled on what to do I know I am using the word Limbo for the title and it is going to be written as a past experience that once happened when i'm in my older years (Just because xD).

So Limbo, the world between the living and the dead you're just a soul that been in a near death state being seperated from your body. That's my opinion on my title and the word Limbo, i can't think though what to use in my opening chapter on what happened for me to attain access to this like what kind of accident or if something bad happened, And what exactly happens their because if I just say it's a plain version of the modern world then it'd be boring and lose interest. It needs to be 1 and a half pages long in size 11 text, sadly I can't think of much and I would like to know if you guys had any suggestions about what I could do as a base of the story.

Since it's going to be an opening chapter i'm going to have to think of some kind of cliffhanger to leave off on. That'd be fairly easy because I can leave it off at some place where you'd want to know "Why did this happen?" "What happens next?" etcetera, I just need some ideas to start on because i'm terrible at creating bases for my stories I write (Although people say they're nice to read but I would leave off some random ass things accidentally which I guess made me stop writing/typing up novel/stories/chapter/creative writing.

I'm not asking for much help or else I would be cheating but my teachers weren't really much help at all because I can't think of any ideas and my friend next to me wants to do it fallout style where he had to live in a vault or something and England has been in war and Russia or some place set off a nuclear bomb on us (I told him this and it'd be funny but it's based off a game and i'm not going to copy that D:).
^ That is why my teachers aren't helpful, they think about stupid things like games for me or when I say something that's old in the times when we didn't use a machine for it they auto think of the machine we use nowadays which saddens me.

Thanks for any support offered.

(It has to be 6000 words the real thing, i'd need to drag this out and make it as interesting as possible xD)

Same

Same

=(

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

is this 3rd or 1st person?

Same

Same

delicious camel wrote:is this 3rd or 1st person?

Oh it's 1st person.

sheep

sheep

You could try doing it Memento style. Start in the middle then jump to the beginning. You know where the character is now, and then the cliff hanger could be the beginning of the story as to how he got there.

Just a thought.

This makes me scared to go into 9th grade but I like msbegotngirls idea.

EDIT: I read your entire post and I think something along the lines of living in either WW2 Germany, a space station in 2100, or build up to some type of disaster and then describe the first week or month after the incident.

B PEGASUS

B PEGASUS

What do you mean, a past experience that happened in your older years? Do you mean some time shift, i.e. the first time your rode a bike (at the age of 60), or do you mean in your relatively older years, i.e. something that happened when you were 13 instead of 5?

Anyway, Limbo would be a GREAT title for any sort of emotional journey. When the love of your life dumps you, you feel like you're in a limbo - dead, but still living. Any sort of depressing moment could work.

Since sci-fi environments have been mentioned earlier, one thing you could do is have that be the twist at the end of your opening chapter. Focus the beginning on whatever's on the narrator's mind. Have him go through the normal routine, then end with something like "He looked out the window of his home; he always thought Earth looked the prettiest from orbit."

Same

Same

B PEGASUS wrote:What do you mean, a past experience that happened in your older years? Do you mean some time shift, i.e. the first time your rode a bike (at the age of 60), or do you mean in your relatively older years, i.e. something that happened when you were 13 instead of 5?

Anyway, Limbo would be a GREAT title for any sort of emotional journey. When the love of your life dumps you, you feel like you're in a limbo - dead, but still living. Any sort of depressing moment could work.

Since sci-fi environments have been mentioned earlier, one thing you could do is have that be the twist at the end of your opening chapter. Focus the beginning on whatever's on the narrator's mind. Have him go through the normal routine, then end with something like "He looked out the window of his home; he always thought Earth looked the prettiest from orbit."

Oops I mean like, in the future when i'm older, I go back to tell a story of some that happened in the past. They[re nice ideas and I might be able to think of something Surprised.

EDIT ; I thought of something and wrote up a few paragraphs that I could have. It starts off happy as I am with my dream girl and every thing is great. and then some kind of accident can occur that seperate me from her or something and i'm pulled out of my body as a soul in an foggy world kind of thing trying to find her. I'm completely unsure about this but I tend to like romantic-ISH things don't know why.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum