We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Force Unleashed 2 trailer!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Force Unleashed 2 trailer! Empty Force Unleashed 2 trailer! 2010-10-30, 09:45

Tater

Tater

Saw my first commercial on TV last night where the main character is surrounded by storm troopers. He grabs one by the neck and yells WHERE IS SHE!! Then Vader steps in and says "You will obey me, My young apprentice!"

The guy then does some wierd blast thing incinerating all the surrounding storm troopers and busts out dual blue lightsabers at the same time vader unsheaths his red death stick! the commercial ends with them face to face ready to fight!! FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

NERDY AS HELL but it gave me chills and i wanna play the game now!!

2Force Unleashed 2 trailer! Empty Re: Force Unleashed 2 trailer! 2010-10-30, 10:07

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well I haven't seen that one, sounds cool. Did you see my topic on the new tech it's using for framerate?

3Force Unleashed 2 trailer! Empty Re: Force Unleashed 2 trailer! 2010-10-30, 10:12

Tater

Tater

Actually i didn't see your topic.

Shoot i only played a demo of the first game! It's wierd cause i've always been a starwars game fanatic but i have yet to play either of these.

4Force Unleashed 2 trailer! Empty Re: Force Unleashed 2 trailer! 2010-10-30, 10:14

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

5Force Unleashed 2 trailer! Empty Re: Force Unleashed 2 trailer! 2010-10-30, 10:21

Tater

Tater

So by removing or modifying a texture or game mechanic it appeared to run a full 30 fps faster!

wow game tech is definitely enhancing by leaps and bounds!

UGH i gotta get gamefly now!!!

6Force Unleashed 2 trailer! Empty Re: Force Unleashed 2 trailer! 2010-10-30, 10:45

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Works kind of like 120hz TV's.

*Rendered Frame 1: It renders this frame and displays it

*Interpolated Frame 1: Injected between the 2 real rendered frames.
*Rendered Frame 2: Then it renders this frame, but before it's
displayed (and still in the buffer)...

...it combines the (already processed) information of the 2 rendered frames to create an extra (non rendered) frame thats the average of the 2. It displays this "fake" frame before the 2nd rendered frame is allowed to leave the buffer. Then the process repeats.

Basically 30 frames are rendered using system hardware/engine/cpu/gpu etc.... the other 30 are just composites that don't have to be rendered so they tax the hardware very little.

Boom! an extra 30fps without having to cut graphic quality or use more powerful hardware. Pretty awesome.
Very Happy

7Force Unleashed 2 trailer! Empty Re: Force Unleashed 2 trailer! 2010-10-30, 11:06

Tater

Tater

Funny it took this long to find or figure out the tech. Either way it's ingenious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum