Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Xbox update broke my wireless connection. (Fixed)

+4
StormEye
ConciliarFox
Epyk MD
Cookie Monster
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So after I updated my 360 I did not touch it at all until tonight. It seems me and many other users are having issues with xbox live and the wireless adapter. Unlike other users I was actually able to connect but with 80KB download speeds. Needless to say I am PISSED.

(I triple checked all connections in the house and it is the 360)

Last edited by T-800 on 2010-11-05, 00:00; edited 1 time in total

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

You should play plugged in. Faster and better bandwidth speed. Unless that means you need to wire the house with CAT5/CAT6 on your own.

Cookie Monster wrote:You should play plugged in. Faster and better bandwidth speed. Unless that means you need to wire the house with CAT5/CAT6 on your own.
I would need a 100 FT cable.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Offtopic...kinda
Would opening my NAT provide better connection in game?

Ontopic
That's sucks hard. I just plug my router close to my xbox, and go wireless on everything else

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

I have no clue as far as the NAT.

Damn, well, a 100 foot CAT5 cable is about $30. It's just most find it annoying to have a long ass cable everywhere that still has a tendency to curl/coil all over the place.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

All I heard said about NAT is, if it isn't open the only thing that really suffers is voice, and some download speeds. My NAT isn't open, but I port forwarded my Xbox's connection and got a better performance out of it, but it really that much of a difference. My NAT went back to mild after a couple weeks and I haven't had much of a problem.

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

ConciliarFox wrote:All I heard said about NAT is, if it isn't open the only thing that really suffers is voice, and some download speeds. My NAT isn't open, but I port forwarded my Xbox's connection and got a better performance out of it, but it really that much of a difference. My NAT went back to mild after a couple weeks and I haven't had much of a problem.

Off-topic: Is that Frank Zappa in your avatar?

Dude, it's from Spinal Tap.

StormEye

StormEye

Off-topic for NAT

If you use a router, and if it has DMZ support, enable it to the ip address of your 360. This ensures open NAT, without having to keep wondering whether it is working or not.

God damn they basically told me to go buy a new network adapter or xbox. I might just have to buy a ps3 if they keep this up.....

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Awesome MD wrote:Offtopic...kinda
Would opening my NAT provide better connection in game?
If your NAT is just moderate it isn't too bad, but if it ever goes over to strict you may have trouble joining games with some other gamers(that can happen with moderate, but not nearly as often). Like someone else said, going into your router settings and putting your xbox's ip in the DMZ is the best way to make sure its always open. If you don't know the admin password for your router go to portforward.com and look for your router model and they will probably have it.

UPDATE: Seems that the update broke what channel my wireless signal had to be on. So now it runs but it is still not as fast as it should be.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

monoprice.com

That is where I got my 150 foot Cat6 cable for like 20 someodd dollars. Trust me man, when you go from a wireless connection to a wired, you never want to look back.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I once had a shitty connection.

Now I connect my Xbox to the router with the physical connection to my modem, while my computer is the one that need to access it wirelessly.

remShotz wrote:I once had a shitty connection.

Now I connect my Xbox to the router with the physical connection to my modem, while my computer is the one that need to access it wirelessly.
That was not the reason why but thanks fro the suggestion.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Have you set it up from scratch again? Might fix it.

Mine works fine since the update. Wireless, open Nat, port forwarded...

Metalzoic wrote:Have you set it up from scratch again? Might fix it.

Mine works fine since the update. Wireless, open Nat, port forwarded...
Yah I fixed it but it is still not as fast as it was before.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Well that's lame...

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Yeah, I wouldn't know. I'm not running wireless in my house.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum