Dropped Da Soap
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The reviews are in. Empty The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 04:34

Gametrailers.com: 9.3
IGN: 8.5
Giantbomb.com: 4/5
1up: A-

Seems it is getting reviews worse that MW2.

2The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 04:49

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Of course! People praised, and still praise MW2 as essentially the return of Jesus for video games and are generally biased for any CoD game made by Treyarch.

3The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 05:07

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

ya... i say some how we get a site average review for this

4The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 15:08

Andy wrote:ya... i say some how we get a site average review for this
Metacritic says the average is 90 out of 34 reviews.

5The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 15:12

Sequel innovation guys, start looking for actual sequel innovation gaise.

And on release MW2 was pretty fun. It took around a month for the game to gradually decline into the shit it is now.

6The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 15:13

Still, a 90 average is nothing to scoff at.

I'd have to read in-depth reviews to actually get a feel for it.
Wait a week or so, then check the GFAQs boards to see how many people are bitching about the game...

Then again it's second nature for the CoD audience to bitch and moan about every single little flaw, so I'll have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm interested to hear your guys' opinions before I decide whether or not it's worth the money.

7The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 15:15

Meh I don't really feel like it's worth the money, same bad spawns, same meh weapon balance. That's what I inferred from the hour or so I played at my cousin's house.

But then again I wouldn't be spending my own money to pick it up so I'll probably get it anyway.

8The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 15:38

Majora1988

Majora1988

The Cramtron wrote:Still, a 90 average is nothing to scoff at.

I'd have to read in-depth reviews to actually get a feel for it.
Wait a week or so, then check the GFAQs boards to see how many people are bitching about the game...

Then again it's second nature for the CoD audience to bitch and moan about every single little flaw, so I'll have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm interested to hear your guys' opinions before I decide whether or not it's worth the money.

The gamfaqs board bitching is all quickscopers, OMA/DC tubers, and MLC Knifers.

So I'll probably like this game. Also they added a CoD 2 style bare bones mode!

^_^, can't wait to play today!

9The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 15:41

I just want to give the game a try. I remember laughing at the name of the first mission of MW2 "S.S.D.D", because that's how CoD is, it seems. xD

Either way, I still love the game series.

Last edited by Kitsune no Kaji on 2010-11-09, 15:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a word.)

10The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 15:42

http://gameinformer.com/games/call_of_duty_black_ops/b/xbox360/archive/2010/11/09/review.aspx

someone who shares my opinion somewhat. I however prefer the gore.

And WaW's single player mode was one of the best in the series, one of the only good parts of the game.

11The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 15:55

Chewy

Chewy

yeah it would make sense that it would get lower scores than MW2. the engine is getting a bit stale. doesn't mean it's a worse game though.

it's got about a 92% on gamerankings right now, which is really damn good.

still not sure if i'm gonna get it. definitely not until a couple months if i do.

12The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:17

I loved WaW's campaign personally. I still need to play this game so I can write a review on it, but I won't get it until after 6:00 Sad

I personally never listen to people that review games; most are so bad at playing them or play long enough, they don't even deserve to have an opinion. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy getting a 10. >_>

13The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:18

TheGM

TheGM

Or GTA4 getting a 10.

14The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:19

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:I loved WaW's campaign personally. I still need to play this game so I can write a review on it, but I won't get it until after 6:00 Sad

I personally never listen to people that review games; most are so bad at playing them or play long enough, they don't even deserve to have an opinion. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy getting a 10. >_>

Then why are you writing a review?

15The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:21

Precisely, lol. I liked GTAIV for goofing off, but it didn't really deserve a 10; most games, even great ones, don't deserve a 10, IMO.

I'm writing a review for the fun of it, and also, I know what I'm talking about, when I play games. I won't play 5 minutes, then review it. I'm playing the whole campaign, some MP, zombies, practice, you name it, then stating what I thought of everything overall. What I thought were awesome improvements, what I thought was good, what I thought needed work, and what I thought sucked.

16The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:21

TheGM86 wrote:Or GTA4 getting a 10.

I'll admit I raged.

holy shit

17The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:22

HOW did GTAIV get a 10 anyways?

18The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:24

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Precisely, lol. I liked GTAIV for goofing off, but it didn't really deserve a 10; most games, even great ones, don't deserve a 10, IMO.

I'm writing a review for the fun of it, and also, I know what I'm talking about, when I play games. I won't play 5 minutes, then review it. I'm playing the whole campaign, some MP, zombies, practice, you name it, then stating what I thought of everything overall. What I thought were awesome improvements, what I thought was good, what I thought needed work, and what I thought sucked.

You know what your talking about? Full of oneself one is. HAHA

19The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:26

Just because people get paid or have more experience, doesn't mean they're good at something, lol. At my first poultry show, I took Grand Champion over EVERYBODY there, even against 2-3 other people with 4+ years of experience. Very Happy

20The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:27

TheGM

TheGM

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:HOW did GTAIV get a 10 anyways?

Casting couch?

21The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:28

Lol, I guess so.

The one game that got a 10 that made me rage more than anything was Super Mario Galaxy. I felt my face turn red whenever I read the review; I've played both of them, and while they were kinda fun, they weren't so spectacular they earned a 10.

22The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:31

I hated the camera in the original Mario Galaxy. It either zoomed in too much, not enough or it was stuck in a wall. Real annoying.

And the game felt more on-rails than any of the other 3D Marios where there's at least a sense of exploration.

23The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:32

But still, it was just...not that impressive to get a 10. It wasn't necessarily bad, but I, and I'm sure many other people, agree that the game isn't worthy of a 10. The only game I've played over the past couple years that I didn't rage at no matter what, because I thought was hilarious fun, was Brawl, but that game, IMO, should get a 9.5, because the SP is lacking, but everything else is great (that I can see anyways)

24The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:34

The only game I've ever played that deserved a 10 was Metroid Prime.

Super Metroid could have gotten one if it didn't focus so much on HEY USE THE X-RAY SCOPE BECAUSE THERE'S ONE RANDOM BLOCK IN THE CORNER THAT'S ACTUALLY LEADING INTO A TUNNEL THAT'S THE RIGHT WAY TO GO LOL

First play through is annoying because of it.

25The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:35

I LOVE Metroid Prime. The music, the atmosphere, everything about it. I personally thought it deserved a 10 in the first place, X ray block or not. It's should be difficult to find bullshit like that, in a way. I love that game. Very Happy

26The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:36

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Awww it's so goot to see Jev and Fox playing nice today!

27The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:39

Yeah I just wish the bosses were a bit more memorable in Prime.

And I wish I had a PAL GCN/version of the game so I could kill the Omega Pirate with power bombs.

And in Super Metroid Phantoon and Draygon were just annoying. Crocomire is the most memorable boss in that game imo since he's so unique.

Echoes had awesome bosses too. Emperor Ing was kind of fail though.

28The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:43

I think the Hive Mecha was my favourite from that game. I never finished any of the original Metroids; I never had them, I just played them at one of my friend's houses, but I loved them. I have Super Metroid on an emulator on my computer, but I just never got around to playing it.

Another game I think deserves a 10/10, is Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. That game was AMAZING for it's time. You could even shoot the grenades off of enemies belts and such, and the controls were really fluent.

Oh! And Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future was amazing too.

29The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:47

You really should beat Super Metroid - it's an awesome game though I prefer Zero Mission in the realm of 2D ones.

Also on an emulator most glitches work. You can sequence-break a ton with the mockball, it's hilarious 3-shotting Spawn Spore with super missiles.

As for older Metroids Return of Samus is probably the most-hated game in the series, you'll probably never find a cart of that game though. No, you can't have mine.

I liked that game and the original, but then again I enjoy everything Metroid that isn't Other: M. God that game sucks.

If you do play the original just put NARPAS SWORD into the pass system. Gives you all equipment and infinite health/missiles lol.

30The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:52

I've heard Other M wasn't very good; I didn't have a good feeling about it watching the previews. I'll definitely have to finish Super Metroid on my emulator; I stopped playing somewhere after I beat Kraid, but I don't remember where I'm at.

31The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:56

Other M was good. It got hammered by the media, but I liked it. Very diffetent than past metroids, but still very good game.

32The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:56

Well you should be in Norfair, you use the Varia Suit to get the speed booster, then the speed booster to get the Ice Beam.

Then you go back to Brinstar Red Soil to get the power bomb, though you can sequence-break that area before the high jump/Kraid if you're a wall-jumping god.

And then you go to the lower areas of Norfair for the grapple beam and you fight Crocomire. You can sequence-break the grapple beam and use it on Crocomire - fucked up shit happens when you do lol.

I wanna play this game again now.

33The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 16:58

Oh! That's what I was doing! I was going to get the Varia suit, but I remember I couldn't figure out where to go. I'll have to give it a try. Maybe I'll do that today, because I'm bored out of mind. It's either that or play Brawl, or just sit here. I wish I could play it on a controller; I REALLY don't like playing it on a keyboard.

34The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-09, 18:25

You beat Kraid for the Varia in that game.

35The reviews are in. Empty Re: The reviews are in. 2010-11-10, 11:51

Chewy

Chewy

I thought SMG's scores were very justified. There definitely aren't any better platformers out right now, and I couldn't think of any ways to improve it really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum