You are not connected. Please login or register

[FONV] Biggest scare so far

+3
Chewy
StormEye
D
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 11:58

D

So I was roaming the Wasteland with Cass and we were ambushed by a Deathclaw. I die, and she dies afterwards apparently.

So I load up my save file and as soon as it loads Cass falls to the ground dead.

Me: What the ****?

I reload again, same thing. Ok now I'm getting nervous.

I reload a save file that's about 20 minutes prior to the Deathclaw encounter thinking that would fix it.

Loads up and she drops dead.

Ok now I'm getting pissed. I load up a save file that was 2 HOURS prior to the incident.

She dies.

I'm close to raging and so I go to dashboard and then start the game back up whiole clearing the cache.

She was alive. Smile

I hadn't been so affected by a character's death in a game since FF7 probably.

Just glad it worked out.

StormEye

StormEye

My moment was that I had Radio on, and fast traveled to a train-yard in northeast. I checked to see my phone for emails for a second, and I suddenly heard a thunderous roar and I got WHACKED, with my controller reacting. It jumped me a little.

Turns out that I was getting my ass swiped by Deathclaw, and did not know wbout it since Radio disables threat music.

LoL

D

LOL I've had a couple of jump scares also, but that's nothing compared to potentially losing a companion over some BS.

StormEye

StormEye

I had it happen way too many times, on my first playthrough. Not to mention that I did not know what the hell I was doing.

Companions died left and right, and had to reload save all the time.

Now though, since I am playing regular (finished HC), companion running off and doing something stupid is no longer a problem.

I lost them in HC for their stupid actions, more than actual difficult situation.

Chewy

Chewy

that's why i like regular mode, i don't have to babysit stupid companions.

mine would have died like 10 times by now, they always sprint away from me and try to lose me.

Majora1988

Majora1988

Kenneth wrote:So I was roaming the Wasteland with Cass and we were ambushed by a Deathclaw. I die, and she dies afterwards apparently.

So I load up my save file and as soon as it loads Cass falls to the ground dead.

Me: What the ****?

I reload again, same thing. Ok now I'm getting nervous.

I reload a save file that's about 20 minutes prior to the Deathclaw encounter thinking that would fix it.

Loads up and she drops dead.

Ok now I'm getting pissed. I load up a save file that was 2 HOURS prior to the incident.

She dies.

I'm close to raging and so I go to dashboard and then start the game back up whiole clearing the cache.

She was alive. Smile

I hadn't been so affected by a character's death in a game since FF7 probably.

Just glad it worked out.

Cass and Veronica were like the best two companions ever, I agree that I absolutely would not ever let them die.

D

You know that feeling you get in your stomach when your gf breaks up with you?

That's how I felt when I thought she was dead forever.

I was already crafting a backstory regarding her death and I was going to carry her body somewhere special if she stayed dead.

When I reloaded back and she was alive again I swear I wanted to kiss the screen LMAO.

We'd been traveling together for like 10 hours or so so I've gotten attached to her and Veronica is awesome also.

I never take companions with me anywhere; saves me a lot of headaches, but then again, sometimes I wish I had help (like fighting 6 Cazadores at once while looking for eggs. :/ )

TheGM

TheGM

Ummm.....Nothing comes to mind.

10[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:03

D

Human companions seem ok for the most part, it's the robotic ones that have issues which is understandable to me I guess.

I wish they would use the weapons I gave them though Mad

11[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:11

You have to give them ammo for the weapon you give them.

12[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:16

I get pissed off at the companions in this game. I have Veronica set to passive while I'm exploring Helios One, and as soon as she detects a robot she goes barreling off to smash it. I'm like...bitch!

13[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:21

D

Bla125 wrote:You have to give them ammo for the weapon you give them.

I'm pretty sure I did but I'll try again.

Thanks Bla cheers

14[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:24

TheGM

TheGM

You can also give them bulk ammo and it won't effect the gun's condition.

Boone has over 5000 rounds of 5.56 supluss and 2000 .223 for the Marksman Rifle I gave him.

15[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:25

D

Thanks guys.

What about unarmed weapons? I was trying to give Veronica a Bladed Gauntlet but she wouldn't equip it.

16[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:26

TheGM

TheGM

Her default Power Fist is better then that.

NPC's will only use weapons that surpass their own in DAM.

17[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:28

Same with armor, but with DT.

18[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-09, 16:30

D

You guys are the best!

19[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-10, 01:13

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

So im Exploring through Vault 34 Ghoul growls are echoing throughout the entire place and theyre Randomly jumping out of places and Such

Then this Douche named Higu Yells "Higgledebedadidi" into my Mic i reflexively Pull the trigger of my gun and shit my Pants at the same time

Freakin Bastard

20[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-10, 06:18

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Frost you made me lol

21[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-10, 06:20

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Frost you made me lol

22[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-10, 06:21

I giggled a bit.

23[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-10, 10:45

D

Ah, I guess I was forgetting to give them ammo. I gave Cass a Flamer and some flamer fuel and she lit the town on fire.

24[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-10, 18:02

Hahaha xD nice!

25[FONV] Biggest scare so far Empty Re: [FONV] Biggest scare so far 2010-11-10, 19:05

StormEye

StormEye

Thinking about giving Veronica Flamer with Full Power Armor gears.

I will be wearing same, except either a Minigun or a Laser Gattling.

Walking tank duo. LoL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum