Frostbyrn
Wacco
Kyuubey
Mrs. Terry of Hat
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Is when people respond to "Fuck you" with "No thanks." This girl on the bus just said that to her friend. It really annoys me...they didn't say fuck me! There is an implied you before that, so it doesn't make sense anyways!

/random

Everyone have a lovely day?

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

That is indeed random.

I've never heard anyone say that. (no thanks)

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Really? People say that all the time here. I could understand it if someone said 'fuck me' instead of 'fuck you,' but it makes no sense as a response to 'fuck you.' I don't think people have enough knowledge of the English language to understand that there is an implied 'you' in front of a sentance like that, so it makes no sense in response. People say it in response as if the person had said "i'll fuck you," but that's not how it works. There is an implied 'you' people!!

One fuck too many? Haha. Sorry for all of the swearing, that's probably the most I've ever said that.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

I feel the same when people say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

Wacco

I get sick of people leaving out the "ly" at the end of things. Like, "He ran quick" instead of "he ran quickly".

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Yes! I am glad I'm not the only grammar freak here. I was an English major in college for my first three years, I just tell everyone to suck it up because I was an English major xD

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I have come to Rape this Topic with my Appalling Use of Grammar

Your Welcome

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Frostbyrn wrote:I have come to Rape this Topic with my Appalling Use of Grammar

Your Welcome
My biggest pet peeve right now... 150

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Its To late i is in your Topics Fucking with yo Pet peeves Very Happy

chunckylover53

Well words are always changing.. fuck implies sex now pretty much. Hmm not much bothers me but i do hate when people say y'all instead of you all

Wacco

I'm a complete grammar Nazi. That's the way I've been raised. Nothing boils my blood more than in improper use of "your (or you're)" or "there (or they're or their)"

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

To and too. Although I mess them up sometimes myself. I also don't like it when people mispronounce their apostrophes.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Fuck who? No thanks, I ain't up for it...

sheep

sheep

I said something yesterday that made me want to facepalm because the grammar of it was terrible. My speaking English skillz have suddenly died due to hanging around too many people who talk stupid.

I always get screwed up on who's whose and affect and effect.

D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats,_Shoots_%26_Leaves

Awesome book.

I agree completely with Wacco. Confusion of They're/There/Their, and Your/You're just drive me crazy. It's so widespread. PICK UP A FUCKING BOOK, AMERICA!
Anyway,

sheep wrote:I said something yesterday that made me want to facepalm because the grammar of it was terrible. My speaking English skillz have suddenly died due to hanging around too many people who talk stupid.

I always get screwed up on who's whose and affect and effect.

E comes after A, so just think of it as the "effect" is secondary.
Affect is to cause change.
Effect is what has changed.

sheep

sheep

I'll try and remember that Cram, but I make no promises. Thanks though!

Chewy

Chewy

My biggest pet peeve is when people use the phrase pet peeve.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

My pet peeve is when two people (usually women, guys have their hands in their pockets generally) are walking slowly down a hallway on opposites sides and swinging their arms. You can't pass them because they're either in the way or you'll get hit on the dick.

MEGA MILK wrote:My pet peeve is when two people (usually women, guys have their hands in their pockets generally) are walking slowly down a hallway on opposites sides and swinging their arms. You can't pass them because they're either in the way or you'll get hit on the dick.
wat

Grammar Nazis
Stupid People
Stupid Cats
Stupid/Untrained Dogs
People who don't finish sentences
Overly aggressive drivers
Slow drivers
Cockiness
Over confidence
People that chew with their mouth open (want to tear their mouth off of their face)
People that talk with their mouth full
People who are not on time
People against hunting/fishing
People that are scared of stupid things
Untalented people that think they are good at something
Overpriced Menus at restaurants
Overpriced anything really
Greedy people
Selfish people
Murphy's Law

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Lead Based Toys wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:My pet peeve is when two people (usually women, guys have their hands in their pockets generally) are walking slowly down a hallway on opposites sides and swinging their arms. You can't pass them because they're either in the way or you'll get hit on the dick.
wat

My biggest pet peeve right now... Fffffffffr

MEGA MILK wrote:
Lead Based Toys wrote:
wat

My biggest pet peeve right now... Fffffffffr

xD

Most people just shove them out of the way at our school, when I went.

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

You know, Bob, that entire passage is technically an unfinished sentence...

FRAGMENTS! Oh noez!

xD

D

LOL Modther.

Ooh here's another one, people who always have to be right and cannot let ****go.

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:LOL Modther.

Ooh here's another one, people who always have to be right and cannot let ****go.

So would like to start a fight with me here too? Not being right means that you will face severe repercussions, for a lot of things.

D

DrBob276 wrote:

So would like to start a fight with me here too? Not being right means that you will face severe repercussions, for a lot of things.

XD dude. Think really hard about your next post, K?

My only pet peeves have to do with traffic.

Recently, an unmarked two lane road in my city became a turning lane and a straight-ahead lane. Before there were no markers to designate which lane was used for what purpose, so people could turn left or go straight from the left lane. Now, because of the recent change, all these people are driving into this lane, across the intersection into an oncoming traffic lane, then trying to merge at the last second, and it always causes this confusion and horns honking and all this garbage...
Anyway, I figured it out as soon as I saw it. But two months after they repainted the road, I swear to god, there's always some buffoon who muddles it up. FUCKING LEARN IT ALREADY. USE YOUR GODDAMN EYES.

I swear to god, I would have killed a thousand people already if I could pull over every person who pisses me off for being a fuckface driver, then shoot them in the back of the head. I imagine it all the time. I pull people over, show them my "LICENSE TO KILL CRAPFACE DRIVERS," and then I kill them. DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS LARRY! DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS!

Last edited by The Cramtron on 2010-12-09, 20:28; edited 1 time in total

Why? Because you actively tried to call me out and insult me in a completely seperate discussion?

D

I just made a broad statement. I can't help it if that statement might apply to some folks. I never said anyone's name.

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:I just made a broad statement. I can't help it if that statement might apply to some folks. I never said anyone's name.

It was inferred, but whatever.

Only good things can come of criticism!

D

DrBob276 wrote:
D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:I just made a broad statement. I can't help it if that statement might apply to some folks. I never said anyone's name.

How so Bob?

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:
DrBob276 wrote:

How so Bob?
>_>'

chunckylover53

haha mega i know what your talking about i just see it as an accident. I mean i dont think its intentional...

D

DrBob276 wrote:
D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:
DrBob276 wrote:

How so Bob?
>_>'

This is the second time you're responded that way when I've asked you to explain why you feel the way you feel.

If you feel so strongly about the claim you've made then surely you could conjure up more than an emoticon. Especially given the accusation you've made here about me "Picking a fight with you".

Directed intentionally at me, thus an insult. Being right is a must, and I do not let **** go, because doing so shows weakness and submission.

Or maybe it just shows that you understand that sometimes friends argue, and to preserve the relationship, you should back down before you offend people.

Not everything is a struggle in manliness or superiority or whatever.

D

Only name I see in that post is Modther's.

Where do you fit in there?

Or are you just mad because deep down inside you know that's the truth about yourself?

chunckylover53

Chillax bob his not saying "hey i hate you because you do that lets fight" . Your taking this too seriously.

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah not letting go shows stubbornness which is worse IMO.

Not trying to take sides here though, I think both parties need to get off each others nuts.

chunckylover53 wrote:Chillax bob his not saying "hey i hate you because you do that lets fight" . Your taking this too seriously.

That is the way I interpret it.

D

Everyone suffers from "Won't back down" syndrome. It's what we do. However, we also need to learn when to realize that everything doesn't have to be "I'm right, your wrong all the time.

Chewy

Chewy

Complaining about someone not backing down in the middle of an argument is pretty hypocritical if you haven't backed down yourself.

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Hush it all you Smile

My pet peeves would be bad drivers, peoe that call me a bad driver cause I had bad luck turning an they are a terrible driver themselves, people that blame stuff on me/others, wether it's serious or joking, sarcastic answers to a serious question. And other I can't think of at the moment.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

the direction this thread is going in...

*makes "I'm watching you all" gesture*

Chewy

Chewy

I could probably write an essay on all of my driving related pet peeves. Then again, so could anyone who drives probably.

As the late George Carlin once said " Everyone who drives slower than you do it is an idiot; everyone who drives faster than you do is a maniac "

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum