New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanting a new phone for christmas

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Same

Same

Okay so I found an android and it's the cheapest with the capabilities I want (£20 a month contract with unlimited texts, 100 minutes and unlimited email and internet.) The 100 minutes is fine because I dont call often and it's only for about 5 minutes so all is good there.

http://www.store-orange.co.uk/orange-motorola-dext.html?ref=product_headline

What do you guys think? It has a sliding QWERTY keyboard so it's easy to type with and a nice camera. I was considering the windows 7 Phone but my mom and dad would never pay £30 a month for a phone that has xbox live communication xD

Good idea? yes/no?

D

Looks good. If you like it, get it.

Same

Same

Sgt. Al Apone wrote:Looks good. If you like it, get it.

Lol, I like it but I can't exactly get it. I have enough money for it to do the contract for the first 3 months probably with the cash in my wallet (I don't watn to use my bank money straight off the bat). Getting it for christmas would be better if my parents paid for the first month or two which equates to how much money they spend ona game for me on christmas.

D

*Ask* your folks to hook it up.

Tell them I'm boxxy you see! LMAO

Last edited by Sgt. Al Apone on 2010-11-20, 13:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replaced "Tell" with "Ask".)

Same

Same

Sgt. Al Apone wrote:*Ask* your folks to hook it up.

Tell them I'm boxxy you see! LMAO

Haha xD

Yeah I can get that for christmas, OR i can get a 700 minute deal, free internet and email and unlimited texts for 32.50. and my dad said he will if he can pay more money to it so the contract goes down because that's how his iphone worked.

Ive been ib love with my samsung galaxy s since ive had it. Best phone on the market.

Do not get that phone it is a piece of crap running I believe android 1.6.
In your budget I would either get the this

lg one Link

or the x10 mini Link

Symbolic47 wrote:Ive been ib love with my samsung galaxy s since ive had it. Best phone on the market.
No.......

T-800 wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:Ive been ib love with my samsung galaxy s since ive had it. Best phone on the market.
No.......

Care to elaborate? I work in the industry and have for four years. I know more about phones than I should.

Symbolic47 wrote:
T-800 wrote:
No.......

Care to elaborate? I work in the industry and have for four years. I know more about phones than I should.
The galaxy s is already outdated in terms of processor (not in gpu though that is amazing) and is really held back by the touch wiz UI overlay that slows down the phone. I consider a phone that needs to be rooted to meets it full potential outdated before it is even released. I myself know WAY to much about phones lol.

I love the touch wiz and have had zero problems with. The proccessor on this phone is a damn beast. Ive used tons of smartphones over the years and this takes the cake. Im thinking of getting the g2 with my discount for xmas. Those hspa+ speefs are insane7

Symbolic47 wrote:I love the touch wiz and have had zero problems with. The proccessor on this phone is a damn beast. Ive used tons of smartphones over the years and this takes the cake. Im thinking of getting the g2 with my discount for xmas. Those hspa+ speefs are insane7
I would wait till march next year for the dual core phones or the nexus S.

Yea were are supposed to have three daul core android phones by next spring. Waiting would be smart. I just got my girl the new mytouch 4g and she loves. Pretty slick, but I still prefer my vibrant.

Symbolic47 wrote:Yea were are supposed to have three daul core android phones by next spring. Waiting would be smart. I just got my girl the new mytouch 4g and she loves. Pretty slick, but I still prefer my vibrant.
I really want a defy lol but I will probably wait.

It also depends what carrier you have. I feel bad for sprint and at at customers....

Symbolic47 wrote:It also depends what carrier you have. I feel bad for sprint and at at customers....
T-mobile FTW...

T-800 wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:It also depends what carrier you have. I feel bad for sprint and at at customers....
T-mobile FTW...

Ha im biased being an employee, but I was a customer beforehand. We used to have a weak phone lineup, and limited network. But not anymore . Our phones are now great, have the fastest network, with amazing 4g spreading very very fast. Plus our prices are still the best.

Symbolic47 wrote:
T-800 wrote:
T-mobile FTW...

Ha im biased being an employee, but I was a customer beforehand. We used to have a weak phone lineup, and limited network. But not anymore . Our phones are now great, have the fastest network, with amazing 4g spreading very very fast. Plus our prices are still the best.
The only issue I have with them is they let me buy a mytouch 1.2 and in the neighborhood I live I get weak 3g.

just hook up your wifi when home if you have a wireless router. Works like a charm.

Symbolic47 wrote:just hook up your wifi when home if you have a wireless router. Works like a charm.
I just put my phone on edge and hook it to wifi when I need to do something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum