Chewy
StormEye
Patrick Star
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1battlefield 2...... Empty battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 18:11

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

the only game that im aware of that solved the camping problem. A mortar strike on you if you stay in a place for more than 2 minutes. that is all. ^~^

2battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 19:48

I've never understood the bitching about camping. It's a valid tactic that is able to be countered. If you stay in the same place, people are going to catch on. If a camper kills me, 9/10 I'll kill him as soon I respawn.

3battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 19:55

StormEye

StormEye

Which BF2 are you even talking about? It does not sound like BF2, but more like BF2:MC (VERY important to put that MC. LoL).

I have not played BF2 in a while, and did not play it much after 2142 came out, but it was not Mortar Strike, but artillery strike issued by commander every minute and a half or so.

Camping was not advisable as a loner, since there was no penalty of dying as long as you have a medic come around to revive (which would remove death) and thus by having some medics around, you can just overwhelm a person who are in a secured position to make him run out of ammo (or just kill the person while invincible).

This is BF2 I'm talking about though.

4battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 20:01

BF2 sounds like a much better game than BC2.

5battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 20:05

StormEye

StormEye

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:BF2 sounds like a much better game than BC2.
I think you would be super raged about G36E though.

You cannot say any weapon in BF series is OP until you experience G36E. LoL

EDIT: Hold on, you saying BF2? Or BF@:MC?

Camel is talking about MC, I think.

6battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 20:11

Chewy

Chewy

blackholedreams wrote:I've never understood the bitching about camping. It's a valid tactic that is able to be countered. If you stay in the same place, people are going to catch on. If a camper kills me, 9/10 I'll kill him as soon I respawn.

it doesn't matter as much in a game like battlefield where you can spawn right after you die, but my hate for camping roots from my counter strike days. campers in that could be annoying as hell and you'd have to wait for the round is over when you died. it became even more annoying when you had to just sit there and watch your team mate sit there and camp at the same time.

i do think that the bad company games prevented it the best though. stay in one spot too long and it will not be there anymore.

7battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 20:15

Oh, then nevermind, lol.

Camping isn't a non-legitimate strategy, but when I'm going something like 30-2, and die, and take a death, to somebody hiding in a random corner going 0-10, now they're 1-10, and I'm their only kill, that's really annoying, because not only does it make you feel like complete trash to be killed by them, but it also means that they suck too much to kill somebody in any other way.

8battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 20:52

TheGM

TheGM

So?

9battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 20:54

So, it's annoying, and wastes your time when you could be doing something better, like killing somebody or taking a flag. Dying to somebody undeserving of even holding a controller is obnoxious, completely.

10battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 20:56

TheGM

TheGM

Bro......No.

11battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 20:57

Bro....yes.

12battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 21:03

TheGM

TheGM

Lolnobro.

13battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-20, 21:05

Lolhobononobro.

14battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-22, 13:32

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

BF2 was PKM monster bullets, jet gods, HUGE maps, carriers, F-35 hovers, G36E OP, G36C > SCAR-L, MEC had PP-19, Assaults had GLs AND smokes (no ammo), medics OP (due to G36E and instaheal medkits), 5 grenades each, insta refill ammobags, COMMANDERS!!!, class-sensitive armor ratings, AND CLIP RELOAD(awesome feature, makes you save bullets by not reloading every other second)!!!!!

15battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-22, 18:35

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

There were things that BF2 did right and many it did not. I for one though, wish the class system of BF2 or B2142 came back. Perhaps make it so that health does not regen. That would make the medic class more useful. Perhaps also give Medics SMGs that are not supressed or PDW's like the MP7 or something.

In the end though, I'll play a BF game long before I play a twitch shooter like CoD. Not to say CoD is bad, it's just not my cup of tea.

16battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-22, 18:43

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Most annoying thing about Battlefield 2:

ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!
ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!
ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!
ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!
ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!

It never stopped...

17battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-22, 18:49

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

What Artemise said I will always choose Battlefield over CoD.

Also, B2142 was amazing. I loved the epic ground air battles. Played that game recently at a friends house, and god to me it felt more epic and spaceish-futuristic then Halo ever did.

18battlefield 2...... Empty Re: battlefield 2...... 2010-11-22, 21:37

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Higurashi wrote:Most annoying thing about Battlefield 2:

ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!
ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!
ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!
ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!
ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!

It never stopped...

Here is your sign.

Sponsored content