Chewy
Wacco
Duck
Metalzoic
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I don't have to much of a problem with it, but what do you guys think of these ideas to balance it vs. weapons in a face to face battle?

A couple simple ideas for the knife:
1. Make it a charge-and-release mechanic.
Just tapping it does the quick slash animation with the same speed/lunge, but it only does 50% damage.
However, if you hold the knife button down for a second or so (give it an on-screen animation as a cue) and then release the button it is a OHK. Give it a vicious stabbing animation too.

2. Take away the dedicated knife button.
Make it so that a long press of the weapon switch button brings out the knife at normal pistol-switch type speed. Once out it works as it currently does but you "fire" it with the right trigger. If you want your gun back you have to weapon switch to it.

Personally I like the 1st idea and it would be an easy fix.
Both of these mechanics would make it to slow to win in a face to face gunfight (unless you actually ran around with the knife out and no gun), but still fast enough to murder people from behind silently.

Dedicated knifers piss me off so I would love this.

I would love the first idea, I was playing earlier today and someone lunged from like 5 feet away at me and killed me.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

This would fix that without changing much.

Kind of like how in Manhunt the longer you held the kill button, the more powerful the attack would be when you released it.

Plus you can still kill someone face-to-face if they were slow, caught reloading, changing weapons etc...

You could even run around with your knife ready to kill, but at the cost of not being able to use your gun while you were charging your knife.

Duck

Duck

Or they could do tactical knife from CoD, make it so you only spawn with a pistol but you can knife people easily.

They should make the knife a perk and put it in the same slot as Ghost.

my god

Wacco

Ducksaws wrote:Or they could do tactical knife from CoD, make it so you only spawn with a pistol but you can knife people easily.

No.

Half the range and make the knife a secondary.

Done.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

You guys must really hate the knife to want to remove a gameplay mechanic rather than balance it. Shocked

Chewy

Chewy

Knives shouldn't be balanced in an FPS game. They should be very ineffective and only used for fun/humiliation.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Make it like the old BF knife. Problem solved.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

How did it work in old Bf games?

Equipment, no lunge if we're talking about BF2.

No lunge in BC1, but it had its own button command and wasn't equipment.

StormEye

StormEye

The hit distance was half a meter, like half a yard in Imperial Measurement iirc.

It also has bullet time (LoL for knife) of 0.35m/s, iirc. So it is possible to run / walk out of the knife attack, and there would be vicious knife battle between the two players. LoL

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

the bc2 knife is closer to a good knife than the cod knife.

¿jitty?

¿jitty?

lol was the original post about bc2 or CoD?

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i dont know what is happening man...

both?

no it was cod

Valukar

Or they could just take the magnets off every player's body. That way knives wouldn't be magnetically attracted to people.

They could always remove the lunge or make it do 50 damage to the front. Or make it like the chainsaw from Gears 2 where you can't use it while you're getting shot at.

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

wow you got out-played thicker

Duck

Duck

My only problem with the knife is that its so random. I'd like it if it was either over powered or underpowered, but at least make it so its overpowerd or useless all of the time and not like it is now where sometimes it doesnt work and sometimes you fly halfway across the map to knife someone.

Same

Same

Ducksaws wrote:Or they could do tactical knife from CoD, make it so you only spawn with a pistol but you can knife people easily.

There's already a tac knife it's called a ballistic knife.. It's stab rate is too fast and to top it of you can shoot the effing knife at them.

Valukar

Boxxy wrote:

There's already a tac knife it's called a ballistic knife.. It's stab rate is too fast and to top it of you can shoot the effing knife at them.
but that actually requires some form of aiming and therefore everyone just sticks to the former

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum