We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Food Jockey's Nightmare

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-07, 19:25

sheep

sheep

You guys asked for the food service topic, so here it is. Enjoy the horror stories.

This morning I had a woman in who wanted a breakfast sandwich. We have an assortment, all come with egg (your choice of white or whole) and cheese (your choice again). I always ask if my customers would like any veggies toasted with their breakfast sandwich because I think it makes them more omlette like and most people do want this.

Sooo, I ask her if she wants any veggies toasted on her sandwich, she says no, then gets a little freaked out and starts going on about how she DOES want her sandwich toasted and she can get it toasted even though she doesn't want any veggies toasted on it.

I did a WTF. Crazy ass question, we're not going to feed you cold eggs and untoasted english muffin sandwiches. I laughed a little to myself and explained to her all breakfast sandwiches are always toasted. Soooo, she got MAD. Started pacing in a circle and rambling about how she doesn't know, never had one before, its the morning, she's hungry and just woke up.

I put her sandwich together, toasted it and then added her veggies, all nicely, and all while cackling inside (I actually did a little real laughing to the toaster while her food was cooking). I continued to be polite, since I get paid to be, but man was she cranky. No thank you or nothing when I wished her a nice day.

I have more, will post later. This was just a mild one that happened this morning - I have much crazier ones. Now share yours demmit.

2Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-07, 19:32

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I used to work in the front of house at a cafe, passing out food and working the cash register. This guy came up and ordered this eleborately substituted salad. The chef was pretty annoyed by substitutions so I told him I'd ask the chef if it was okay. She was in a good mood for once and said yes. He basically wanted like six or seven things changed/substituted so I went through the order several times before sending it back. Lo and behold it came out and he took it. Comes back up and said there was something wrong with it, so I apologized and offered to have them remake it. He started screaming at me, top of his lungs, and then proceeded to throw the salad on the floor past me, behind the counter. Then stormed out. People are crazy. I had a friend there who had someone throw chili at him because it was too hot. Wtf!? So throw it at him?

3Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-07, 21:22

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Wendy's always fuck up my Oder its Amazing i dont know how Statistically they should get it right at least once

4Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-07, 21:30

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Really? I've never had a problem with Wendy's messing up my order. It's the only fast food place I will eat at.

5Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-07, 21:31

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah and Burger king does it as well maybe its just a New Zealand thing Very Happy

6Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-07, 21:38

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Don't know about Burger King cause I never go there, but Wendy's never messes up my order here. Must just be you crazy Kiwis over there Razz

7Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-07, 21:43

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol i think its because all the people who actually speak english cook the food the Drive thru seems to be full of people i cant Understand

8Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-08, 00:14

sheep

sheep

I had one guy freak out on me one morning, first customer of the day. He thought I was mad at him because I kept repeating my question over and over louder and louder because he was wandering around the store, saying "huh" every time I asked him.

He complained to my boss, and lied about what I said to him. Pissed me off so bad. Probably because I actually stuck up for myself when he started going off on me saying I was being rude and what not.

And lets not talk about the guy who made noises at me when I put the wrong thing on his sandwich on accident. Same noises you make to a dog when it's being bad. Oh gawd I wanted to flip a bitch.

9Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-12, 00:00

sheep

sheep

Oh man, here's something that will make you laugh.

Customer: I would like the 7 grain wheat.
Sheep: ><

Apparently 9's look like 7's. Or 6's. I had to listen to something similar go between a co-worker and a customer. it went from 6, to 7, to 8. I informed them all were wrong, it was 9, as printed right there, in front of both of them, although admittedly backwards for the co-worker.

Now, a bunch of you said you would share you're stories. I'm still waiting. Sad

10Food Jockey's Nightmare Empty Re: Food Jockey's Nightmare 2010-12-12, 01:23

chunckylover53

Well i dont work in fast food but i do work at a gas station as a cashier. Is my first real job and have been working there for a little over two years so i have a few things but i'll just post one that i thought was pretty funny.

It was late at night and the store was pretty busy so i am just handling things and a lady runs by screaming if she can use the bathroom (while interupting the customer i am talking to) i tell her no since its a private bathroom. About 10-15 mins later the stores dead and the same lady comes walking by she grabs her stomach and gives me a really rude look and says in a really bitchy attitude "THANKS I AM PREGNANT BY THE WAY". Aint my fuckin baby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum