New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[FONV] Taking a weapon away from old man

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

... resulted in the destruction of McCarren Base...

Penguin: Hey, old man, give me that unique rifle of yours

Sterling: Never!

P: *Punches, and shoots the rifle out of the hand*
*Picks the rifle up, and holsters all weapons*

But I hear the fighting continuing, and wonder wtf is happening.

Turns out that those two companions I left in the far corner of the base, to not interfere in my forceful removal of a precious treasure of an old man, ended up started going hostile towards the entire base.

I'll have to remember to dismiss my companions before attempting such bahaviour again.

Hahaha you could have just had them wait outside the base.

xD That's pretty funny. Like Bla said, maybe you should've had them wait outside the base, but then again, watch them get in a fight with the guards and run in anyways, lol!

TheGM

TheGM

The reverse pick pocket(put pocket?) is the best way to do it.

Chewy

Chewy

TheGM wrote:The reverse pick pocket(put pocket?) is the best way to do it.

Agreed, I took out a whole legion base and was still liked by them after it because of this.

StormEye

StormEye

I hate the reverse pickpocket most of the time.

They seem to get angry about giving them items. Also, since I am wearing Chinese Stealth Armor, or at least in the inventory, when I get discovered by NCR related people, they take it away from me.

Damn those bastards.

Whats the easy way to reverse pickpocket?

I can't seem to get it right most of them time.

Chewy

Chewy

Well if I'm around a large group of people I usually use a stealth boy as well. I think if you are detected by anyone at the time it blows up they will go hostile towards you.

I also save before doing it but I guess that's kind of cheating.

StormEye

StormEye

Well, stealthboy probably is the safest way to do it.

Just wanted to know if there was any trick in being done 100% chance without stealthboy, since I only have limited supply. Though, I am super stingy on using it anyways.

I think the only way ot surely getting constant supply is to befriended with Legion and get access to the safe house.

Chewy

Chewy

I think even with stealth boy there's not a 100% success rate.

StormEye

StormEye

Oh well, have not really been caught pickpocketing anyone while using one, so can't testify with not 100%, but it might not be 100%.

Just wish there is a way to get it consistently without having to side with Legion. Relying on limited world spawns, and random NCR supply crate chance is not fun if wanting to use it often.

Chewy

Chewy

I got caught trying to do it to some guy in the gun runners facility. But I might be remembering it wrong, that was my first attempt and I might not have put on a stealth boy yet.

I think if stealth boys were everywhere it would make some stuff way too easy. Never had a problem with them running out myself, because I really only used them when I absolutely needed to in order to stop a group from hating me.

StormEye

StormEye

I really only use it twice per gameplay.

One for stealing secrets from gun runners building, and another for stealing Tops Presidential suite key from Benny's body guards without having talk to Benny to enter it (since the story progresses one you talk to him, and I want that skill book without having the story to progress).

But I would use it more if I can get reliable supply.

Its not really about the amount that is the problem, but the constant reminder that I have limited supply drives me nuts whenever I have to decide to use it.

But as I have listed in another post, if you side with Legion you get it constantly, but I hate siding with Legion anyways since it drives my companions away...

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah I know what you mean by that, I always horde limited stuff only to never end up using it or only use it once.

And Caesar is a dick, I hate the legion. Dude has no respect.

StormEye

StormEye

If companions did not go all cranky about being liked by the Legion, then I would have no problem of raising the fame a little bit, but they also have the problem of either liking or hating you, when story progresses or quests are done. NCR just tends to shrug off the bad blood left behind while Legion becomes anal about it.

Anyway, similarly to stealthboy, Fat Man has never been fired in New Vegas.

I fired a few in FO3 though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum