the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

All military buffs check this out.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Watch the docu Restrepo. Its amazing. Its very powerful and emotional. Its on netflix now so its a great time to see it. Im a huge military buff, and was enlisted in high scool. My football injury ruined my chance at a career. This movie shows what being a soldier is all about.

Zillah

Zillah

I just watched the trailer, looks pretty interesting. Ill have to watch it.

What kind of injury did you get playing football?

TheGM

TheGM

Was it knees? mine was Knees.

I've been meaning to watch this movie. just haven't got around to it.

I shattered my three lower lumbar vertabrae, and damaged 5 discs, 2 of which are now artificial. I played qb and got pancaked front and back at the same time.

Got a 18 inch scar a full inch thick on my lower back.

Symbolic47 wrote:I shattered my three lower lumbar vertabrae, and damaged 5 discs, 2 of which are now artificial. I played qb and got pancaked front and back at the same time.
This is why I will never play football.

Zillah

Zillah

Symbolic47 wrote:Got a 18 inch scar a full inch thick on my lower back.

Damn thats pretty bad. Was there any risk of you getting paralyzed?

Yea there was, but not anymore. But the Army said hell no. which really set me back as that was my plan since freshman year. Hence why ive never been to college until now.

Erkeric

Erkeric

Yea I saw that on the military channel. Its very good.

I am watching it right now. Looks good so far.

And?

Ante

Ante

Wicked good watch, thank you for recommending this as I've never even heard of it before. It really does show that life as a modern day soldier isn't all shits and giggles with lots of fancy toys and big guns.

Symbolic47 wrote:And?
Was interesting but only watched the first half. Will watch the other half right now.

So I finished watching it and it was a great documentary but confirmed that I could never be a soldier. I do not think I could take the fact knowing I could die and knowing how unlucky I am I would probably die some horrid death just bleeding out in the middle of nowhere with no one around.

Its not for everyone, thats for sure. Like I said I was set to go, took the asfab and everything. mentally I checked out as an army ranger, and thats what I wanted to pursue.

Symbolic47 wrote:Its not for everyone, thats for sure. Like I said I was set to go, took the asfab and everything. mentally I checked out as an army ranger, and thats what I wanted to pursue.
The only thing I could probably handle would be a sniper but even then I am not really build to be a soldier.

You have to learn not to fear death.

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

I started watching it, but my friend invited me to a movie half way thorugh and i havent started watching again

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum