dead wra1th
ConciliarFox
Ante
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

51VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 15:16

TerryMay wrote:
T-800 wrote:[Nah because now if you miss you will die unlike before and it is only one less bullet to kill.

DL is just upset that he no longer has the funds to get nam Razz
I know lol I just do not want first time readers to think something different.

52VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 15:16

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Dude I hear the M60 has returned to its former power. WTF!!

HAHAHA TOm your soo gulable!

53VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 15:39

The game is excellent. They struck a very good chord with vehicles - the patrol boat is a mass murderer of man and machine but the second people start putting the slightest bit of effort into destroying it it becomes insanely hard to keep alive - especially considering the crew can get shot from basically any direction due to a lack of cover.

The tanks aren't that annoying, they're a bit better since they don't have to go against attack helicopters, stat ATs, AT4s and traced rockets but they should have been somewhat more powerful in regular anyway. Its no where near the sense of fear we had with BF2, but they're pretty damn good.

The Huey is fairly squishy, you gotta play really defensively to keep it alive and even then 2 MG34 aux gunners will wreck even the best pilots out there. It can circle-strafe but with a small-arms vulnerability it basically only comes in handy for taking out tanks, otherwise you'll die. Its strong, but the second people want you dead it goes down. Not like attack helicopters at all.

As for guns they're all really good, well except for the M14. It just doesn't do anything right, unfortunately. The AK47/M16 are pretty balanced against each other - ones stronger, ones more accurate. Its just sadfaec that the M14 falls short Sad

The MAC-10 is a beast, the PPSh with body armor is a monster and the Uzi is actually decent in this mode. The Thompson is way better too.

The M60 is rape up-close but its piss-poor recoil and iron sight keeps it from dominating at any range. The RPK is actually good because its insanely accurate and shares the second-best iron sight in the mode with the AK47 (nothing beats the PPSh sorry) while the XM22 actually isn't half as bad as I thought. Sure its strong but it has a bit of spread when firing coupled with a poor iron sight.

The M40 is rape-tier and the Recon class is really fun to play with both gadgets, he's so much more of a team player now. I've been sabotaging vehicles and flags with TNT and covering teammates with the mortar. The M21 and SVD admittedly could use a little boost, like a two-shot out to 25 meters with Mag ammo and three beyond that or something.

And finally that flamethrower is actually not a damn gimmick. Even if you die burning someone if they don't find medical assistance or a body of water they will die. Its kept in check by the short range, but its still very possible to play around that with the map design and do well with it. Really surprised at how good it is.

all in all this mode is fucking amazing and everything Vanilla should have been.

54VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 15:46

Lead Based Toys wrote:The game is excellent. They struck a very good chord with vehicles - the patrol boat is a mass murderer of man and machine but the second people start putting the slightest bit of effort into destroying it it becomes insanely hard to keep alive - especially considering the crew can get shot from basically any direction due to a lack of cover.

The tanks aren't that annoying, they're a bit better since they don't have to go against attack helicopters, stat ATs, AT4s and traced rockets but they should have been somewhat more powerful in regular anyway. Its no where near the sense of fear we had with BF2, but they're pretty damn good.

The Huey is fairly squishy, you gotta play really defensively to keep it alive and even then 2 MG34 aux gunners will wreck even the best pilots out there. It can circle-strafe but with a small-arms vulnerability it basically only comes in handy for taking out tanks, otherwise you'll die. Its strong, but the second people want you dead it goes down. Not like attack helicopters at all.

As for guns they're all really good, well except for the M14. It just doesn't do anything right, unfortunately. The AK47/M16 are pretty balanced against each other - ones stronger, ones more accurate. Its just sadfaec that the M14 falls short Sad

The MAC-10 is a beast, the PPSh with body armor is a monster and the Uzi is actually decent in this mode. The Thompson is way better too.

The M60 is rape up-close but its piss-poor recoil and iron sight keeps it from dominating at any range. The RPK is actually good because its insanely accurate and shares the second-best iron sight in the mode with the AK47 (nothing beats the PPSh sorry) while the XM22 actually isn't half as bad as I thought. Sure its strong but it has a bit of spread when firing coupled with a poor iron sight.

The M40 is rape-tier and the Recon class is really fun to play with both gadgets, he's so much more of a team player now. I've been sabotaging vehicles and flags with TNT and covering teammates with the mortar. The M21 and SVD admittedly could use a little boost, like a two-shot out to 25 meters with Mag ammo and three beyond that or something.

And finally that flamethrower is actually not a damn gimmick. Even if you die burning someone if they don't find medical assistance or a body of water they will die. Its kept in check by the short range, but its still very possible to play around that with the map design and do well with it. Really surprised at how good it is.

all in all this mode is fucking amazing and everything Vanilla should have been.

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. I'll have to spend some money and get this after Christmas. The sound of the Recon class not having motion mines makes me happy, because it won't be having as much of a damn identity crisis like it did in the standard BC2. The chopper not being OP but useful made me smile, and picturing people on fire looking for water makes me want to laugh. I'll probably get it.

55VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 15:52

Zillah

Zillah

Lead Based Toys wrote:The game is excellent. They struck a very good chord with vehicles - the patrol boat is a mass murderer of man and machine but the second people start putting the slightest bit of effort into destroying it it becomes insanely hard to keep alive - especially considering the crew can get shot from basically any direction due to a lack of cover.

Thaaaankkkk goodness!

56VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 16:08

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Its more cuation. Halo and BOs failed me.

57VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 16:09

yeah its good. and I'm not going to lie the music just puts the whole experience over the top, its ties everything together perfectly. the vehicle music is hilarious and the loading music is amazing.

58VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 16:10

Lead Based Toys wrote:yeah its good. and I'm not going to lie the music just puts the whole experience over the top, its ties everything together perfectly. the vehicle music is hilarious and the loading music is amazing.

Don't they have "Ride of the Valkyries" playing in vehicles sometimes? I could've sworn I heard it while watching gameplay once.

59VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 16:15

yeah. its pretty funny.

60VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 16:15

dead wra1th

yea im going to plat m14 first haha

61VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 16:19

Lead Based Toys wrote:yeah. its pretty funny.

LOL! YES! Damn it, this makes me want this game, so I can scream something like "FLEE! MY PRETTIES!" while driving at them in one of those doofy little white cars laden with C4. xD I think I'm pretty sold into getting now.

62VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 16:32

chunckylover53

lol it's hard to tell whos a recon as they dont have a wookie suit anymore. Sometimes when i am lineing up to shoot a guy from far away i have to wonder if his got a sniper or not.

All in all it's more of a close up type of play which is pretty fun. The flame thrower is pretty cool the thing is because of its sway it kinda blinds you and your not always sure where the guy is.

Also forgot to add you really need to know how to fly the huey the thing gets knocked out of the sky so quick.

63VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 17:03

So are the stats and ranking up seperate? Or are they fully integrated into bc2?

64VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 17:13

TheGM

TheGM

All stats are the same and what ever your kills and stuff with the All-Kit weapons and Kit gadgets.

65VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 17:16

So our bc2 stats and rankings will transfer and be integrated? Im hoping for this.

66VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 17:18

TheGM

TheGM

Yes'um.

67VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 17:19

Sweet! Thanks man.

68VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 17:44

DevilWolfPrime

jesus christ some of these levels are brutal hard

m40 is a nightmare

69VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 17:46

Im gonna get on here soon

70VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:14

the only things I'd really change would be the addition of smoke grenades as assault (chokes + stronger guns can lead to some stalemates) and the LAW as engineer (using a rusty RPG with a communist star as the Americans doesn't feel right to me).

71VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:16

TheGM

TheGM

Lead Based Toys wrote:the only things I'd really change would be the addition of smoke grenades as assault (chokes + stronger guns can lead to some stalemates) and the LAW as engineer (using a rusty RPG with a communist star as the Americans doesn't feel right to me).

Agreed.

72VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:19

Duck

Duck

It's pretty awesome.

+The M40 can do some serious damage at medium range, but it's balanced in the fact that you die so fast from all the guns. Besides, bolt actions were practically useless in vanilla unless you were amazing at them.
+Hueys are powerful but can be easily destroyed
+Music is awesome
+No scopes is better

73VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:32

How are the irons on the weapons? I sure hope they are good since were being forced to use them.

74VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:33

dead wra1th

i like them

75VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:39

Duck

Duck

Most of them are good. The AK47 ones are great and the M16 ones are fine too. The only one with bad irons are the M60 and the XM22. But that's probably best for the balance.

76VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:39

dead wra1th

i agree xm22 takes getting used 2

77VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:40

I think Ill probably start with the AK

78VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:49

Duck

Duck

What I'm doing is forgetting completely about medals and achievements. I'm only using the US weapons when I play US and vice versa, and use the appropriate class for whatever the situation. It's like roleplaying I guess. Following my squad with an M60 and covering guys as the run out of cover, picking of GIs with some rusty semi auto NVA gun, fun stuff.

79VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 18:51

Im pretty excited to play this now.

80VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 19:45

Yeah the XM22 and M60 seem balanced simply by the fact that their iron sights are stupid and tough to get used to.

The RPK is good because there's no learning curve to it, despite being kinda weak.

81VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 19:46

dead wra1th

im sure once you get used to them you can rip apart a hillside

82VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 19:48

Duck

Duck

The sights inthemselves aren't accurate. There isn't a pin point, more like a cup to put the target in. And all the crap around them restricts your sight. It wasn't balanced in BC2 because you could just put a red dot on it.

I also like that they changed the sights of the thompson.

83VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 19:52

dead wra1th

i like it getting long shits with iron sights on my m14 makes me feal like im good haha

84VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 20:20

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

XM22 is god. I got 30 kills in the first match i used it.

85VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:11

Duck

Duck

The NVA sniper rifle isn't that bad. It's like the M21, only it actually has a scope and not an acog.

86VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:14

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Good god, Vantage Point is a snipers wet dream! Now I don't count myself a brilliant sniper, but I was just racking up heads. I love the sounds in the Vietnam, almost everything sounds so god damn beefy! Especially the AK47, be still my fluttering heart.

So far, I'm loving everything about vietnam. Have yet to play Phu Bai valley, but I'm sure i'll have a blast.

Some minor things may be tweaked, but overall, I'm thoroughly pleased with the new DLC. Worth every cent imo thus far.

Also, automatic M14...god thats bad ass!

87VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:17

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

dead wra1th the Shooter of poo wrote:i like it getting long shits with iron sights on my m14 makes me feal like im good haha

Lol you like getting Long Shits Very Happy

88VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:18

dead wra1th

wow i thought i posted it right well im a shit head yet again

89VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:19

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

But yeah i agree with you getting a Sniper range kill with Ironsights Feels good

90VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:19

dead wra1th

frost i sent you a fr o.0 ben waiting aweek it seems

91VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:21

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah no Internet for playing games atm ill accept it when i get my Internet back on Christmas Eve /facepalm

That gives me like 1 day to play Vietnam before Christmas and then my Boxing day is your Christmas so playing then is probably out of the Question as well

92VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:22

dead wra1th

ah no fun haha

93VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:23

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Thats what happens when you have Limited Broadband and your sister uses the 360 12+ hours a day

94VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:24

dead wra1th

ah think ours is unlimited broad band cause we have 3pcs hooked up plus my 360 *shrugs*

95VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:25

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah mine was Unlimited then the Country wide Grid got taxed or something and they canceled it

96VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:26

dead wra1th

ah i see yea had a fewpeople in nz before one was my ex in college and such

97VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:28

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Cool

But yeah i think there was like one small town with one House getting Unlimited Broadband and they like Connected a Whole Street together or something

98VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:30

dead wra1th

ah yea could be worse my friend has crappiest internet he downloaded 1 song went over bandwidth first time he got it

99VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:32

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Wow at least i still have Dial up speed but still its freaking annoying

100VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: VIETNAM IS OUT!!!!! 2010-12-21, 23:33

dead wra1th

yea the sweet sound of ur pc having a seizure as it connects

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum