Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there a reason the M21 and the SVD suck so bad?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Seriously, why would anyone put such a good rifle (even a bit OP) in the M40 and then give you the craptastic M21 and SVD?

They have horrible recoil and low damage. What am I supposed to do with them? They are the only weapons I have left to get a gold star. They are so bad, that I'd rather have a TT-33 out.

The only thing I can hope with those shitty weapons is to put a 12x scope in them, camp far, far away and wait for someone to stay still and score 2-3 headshots. Body shots are a no-no, it takes half a damn clip.

/rant

I guess I could use them as a suicidal rifle of sorts, but the scope screws with me. Using it as a normal rifle, it has way too much zoom. As a sniper, it doesn't have enough.

TheGM

TheGM

Hell I had better luck hip firing the M21 then anything.

At distancw is was taking 4,5, even 6 shots to kill somebody.....when I did kill somebody. Most of the time somebody else would get them.

GAWD that sucked more then the joke I would type about sucking.

Wacco

Yea, I'm with GM. I've had to resort to hipfiring the M21 to kill anything. Kinda like the M14 in vanilla, except those sights actually functioned.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Pretty much. That's how I got most of my kills with the M21 but I died way too much. I'll try hardcore rush, if that doesn't work I'll have to rely on hip fire again.

But damn, the M14 may have crappy sights, but it didn't shoot marshmallows like the M21/SVD.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I couldn't agree more. I may as well be throwing cotton balls at the enemy. I have a better chance with my knife at getting a kill. The semi auto's were never Op to begin with, if anything they were UP in vanilla. Why DICE felt they had to screw up a working system by nerfing the shit out of the semi auto snipers is beyond me.

I like the M21, I really do, but they really need a damage buff to compete with the M40.

Valukar

they suck because they're the only weapons that didn't get buffed in vietnam and their counterparts weren't good to begin with (type 88/svu). and just so you know m21 has 4x by default and 12x doesn't affect it. dragunov has a normal scope though

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

I hated the M21. I started on the SVD before ceasing to play Vietnam for a while.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Mr. A. Knife wrote:they suck because they're the only weapons that didn't get buffed in vietnam and their counterparts weren't good to begin with (type 88/svu). and just so you know m21 has 4x by default and 12x doesn't affect it. dragunov has a normal scope though

The SVU is a good weapon though... it serves as a multi-role weapon.

Good sniper (2 head shots = dead) with acceptable recoil, good enough body shots kills, and silenced. Of course, it's no VSS, but it's a good weapon. I don't use the bolt actions though. The T88 however... useless for covert tactics. The semis in vanilla are all about mid-range and covert ops, not really sniping per se.

And that's good to know. Stupid M21, I'll just hip fire my way through hell. I just need 85 kills to get all the achievements in BC2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum