sheep
TexasMace
Tater
DRGN LRD 1213
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Good morning everyone. Yes I am a geek and proud of it. I can blend in with the other humans if need be but I prefer to expose my geek side for the most part to the public at large. Last night I have taken the step of pulling my daughters even farther into the world of the Geeks. In addition to video games I am also an avid fan of board games. I am not talking about your average Scrabble, or Monopoly here, but games that cost $70.00 and require more than just rolling a die and moving your pawn around a board. I have over 80 board games and the estimate of value is over $5000.00. Anyway last night I opened up a game called Descent made by Fantasy FLight Games and played this with my two daughters! It's a dungeon crawl game and my daughters LOVED it!! THe game can take 2 to 4 hours to play and we made it about halfway after 2 hours. Put them to bed and all they could talk about was "I can't wait to play that game when you get home from work Dad!" HAHAHA So I have pulled them even closer into the world of the Geek!

If you are interested to see what I am talking about here is a link to the game.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=5&esem=1

Tater

Tater

Board games are much better for you....err. your kids development!! your already f'd. But good job at getting your kids to think past texting and omg cindy looked soooo fat in that shirt yesterday!!

LMAO looks fun.. I haven't played a board game since the game "nightmare". a board game with a video that went along with it.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Well we play a lot of board games. Other games they enjoy are

Dominion
Settlers of Cataan
Ticket to Ride
Loot
Agricola
Apples to Apples
Carcassonne

Thats just off the top of my head!

All I know is some day I am going to make some geek happy when they marry my daughter and she loves video and board games! HAHA

TexasMace

TexasMace

You ever play Mage Knight, DL? They have a Dungeons version too that looks like that. Had me some fun playing that!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I've heard of that game Tex but have never played it.

sheep

sheep

I love board games! Unfortunately, the only people who will play them with me live in WA [glares and heebs and her boyfriend]

I've played D&D! That's like a really a long board game...

NERRRRD!!!

I play Axis and Allies a lot. WAAAARRRRRR!!!!

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Iv never played dnd.
iv met a lot of ppl that are fans that you wouldnt think would be into that kind of thing though.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA not a nerd I am a geek!

Proud to be a geek!

Yes I used to play D& D back in the day but I don't have the time really to get involved with that! I like Board and video games because they can be walked away from, or finished in a night and done.

Twin You can move to KY and there all all kinds of geeks like me =o)

TexasMace

TexasMace

Look it up, DL you can get the figures really cheap now.
Always wanted to get Axis and Allies.
Played D&D too. I have a guy that has his own army. LOL!

sheep

sheep

It was actually pretty fun! I killed most of the enemies because I'm just that awesome!

I like Magic the Gathering too! No one will play that with me though Sad

Heey... come to think of it, our "dungeon master" moved the WA too. WTF man.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Man back when I was like 12...... Me and some friends played D&D about every damn day! HAHA

texasmace wrote:Look it up, DL you can get the figures really cheap now.
Always wanted to get Axis and Allies.
Played D&D too. I have a guy that has his own army. LOL!

The original Axix and Allies is a blast. I bought the Pacific Axis and Allies and it was too detailed for me to enjoy. I haven't reached DL geekdom yet.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Damn I blew some cash on Magic the Gathering.

A great game if you liked Magic is called Dominion. 2 to 4 players and everything you need to play is all in one box but it is a deck building game that is AWESOME! Even got the wife to play and like Dominion!

http://www.amazon.com/Rio-Grande-Games-370RGG-Dominion/dp/B001JQY6K4

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

I love axis and allies. I like the D-Day one its pretty sweet

I haven't tried the D-Day AnA.

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

I have to be really good to be the allies if your going against a half decnt german. They have so many tanks...... so many.

The russians keep the tanks busy while the Brits Navy and Air Force do a good job of splitting the German forces.

Zillah

Zillah

Oh yeah Axis and Allies is so fun. I like to think that i have gerat tactics. Very Happy I bought the pacific version, and i agree, its a bit too complex.

My only problem is that i have a hard time finding anyone who wants to play with me...

Hotdamnitssam wrote:Oh yeah Axis and Allies is so fun. I like to think that i have gerat tactics. Very Happy I bought the pacific version, and i agree, its a bit too complex.

My only problem is that i have a hard time finding anyone who wants to play with me...

I have the exact same problem.

Same

Same

sheep wrote:It was actually pretty fun! I killed most of the enemies because I'm just that awesome!

I like Magic the Gathering too! No one will play that with me though Sad

Heey... come to think of it, our "dungeon master" moved the WA too. WTF man.

MAGIC THE GATHERING?! I love that game! I played it ALL the time but no one in real life plays it so I BOUGHT IT FOR DA XBOX 360. i love it so much to play :0 you should get it sheepy mah girl.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i got a board game called 'war on terror'

its really satirical. the best part is, if you lose you just become a terrorist player XD

plus theres an axis of evil balaclava in it Razz

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA Yes I have heard of that game Kutku. THat game stired up some shit.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i got it at christmas and hevent had a chance to play it yet. juding by the rules, yes im not suprised it stirred some shit up Rolling Eyes

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I used to be a nut with buying new board games. Hell I have a few that are still in the shrink wrap and I have had them for almost a year! HAHA

When I got my xbox my interest in board games waned a little and video games bit me with obsessed bug! After this past weekend and last night I think I will be playing more board games and less video games.

Also I used to get in a ton of shit from the wife when I would come home and have spent money on a new board game! HAHAHA Video games are easier to sneak into the house!

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah, i pretty much snuck fable 3 in without anyone noticing since it looks exactly the same as fable 2 to my parents XD

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Playing BO versus BC2 my wife doesn't pay enough attention to notice a diference.

When I was playing Halo Reach..... well I did get a look! HAHA

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

just say its ODST from ages ago and you felt like playing it again.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

2 things

1.I thought you had a son!

2.Cindy did look fat in the shirt but it was her own fault you shouldnt wear belly tops when your that flabby

Zillah

Zillah

MISTER ZOMBEE wrote:
Hotdamnitssam wrote:Oh yeah Axis and Allies is so fun. I like to think that i have gerat tactics. Very Happy I bought the pacific version, and i agree, its a bit too complex.

I have the exact same problem.

I think there might be a computer game version to it that i could play online, but half the fun of that game is just setting up all of your little men and units Very Happy

Yeah, I have the computer game too. It's fun, but no where near as fun as seeing the whole war in front of you. I

've had those moments, hours into a game, when some careless person hits the table and the pieces go everywhere. Instant rage right there.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Just pull out your 6 shooter and challenge them to a duel

Zillah

Zillah

MISTER ZOMBEE wrote:Yeah, I have the computer game too. It's fun, but no where near as fun as seeing the whole war in front of you. I

've had those moments, hours into a game, when some careless person hits the table and the pieces go everywhere. Instant rage right there.

Yes i know! that happens like every other time i play it.

The other problem with the pacific version is just how unbalanced it is. You have to be really dumb to loose with the allies. The only chance the japanese have is to very quickly take out either australia or india. After a few rounds, the allies have such an advantage from getting $100 per round compared to japan's $20.

Heebs

Heebs

World of Darkness games are fun, i have played a couple with her sheeplieness, also played some D&D, my brother is in love with Drizzt so he and i used to play the board game all the time.

i cannot remember even a 1/10th of the rules anymore, my memory is for shit.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Not sure what World of Darkness is... Do you have a link?

zachattack46

zachattack46

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Well we play a lot of board games. Other games they enjoy are

Dominion
Settlers of Cataan
Ticket to Ride
Loot
Agricola
Apples to Apples
Carcassonne

Actually got Ticket to Ride for my mom for xmas. Played a bit of D&D never have time for it anymore though stupid jobs. Also play warhammer fantasy if any of you know about it (the minature wargame not the mmorpg.)

Heebs

Heebs

http://www.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/

excellent games.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

AHhh ok yes. I had someone try to get me to play the vampyre game once. I was more a Dragonlance D&D guy myself!

Heebs

Heebs

Werewolf the Apocalypse was my favorite. so awesome.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I had someone want me to play D&D again but I just don;t have time. I like board games now because you have an ending.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Wow, I thought I was one of the only people in the world who like Magic The Gathering. All my friends were into Yu-Gi-Oh when we were kids(I was too >.>) and MTG was a little complicated so it pretty much went over their heads Rolling Eyes.

sheep

sheep

WEREWOLVES! [swoon] Those games are awesome. I need to get my books out of the garage... there be mice in there!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum