TheGM

TheGM

Just when you thought it was safe..... DeadPoolRespawn

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Go make me a drink, bitch.

Tater

Tater

I should probably "get it".... but i don't?!

then again i never really get anything GM says.... It's like white noise....LOL

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Rolling Eyes

i did laugh though Razz

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

welcome back gm

Tater

Tater

welcome back????

Where'd he go.... i'm confused!! did i miss a vacation thread or something?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

unpaid sabbatical

Tater

Tater

I've heard his mouth he's not part of any church i know!!! LOL

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Sabbatical or a sabbatical (from Latin sabbaticus, from Greek sabbatikos, from Hebrew shabbat, i.e., Sabbath, literally a "ceasing") is a rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year. The concept of sabbatical has a source in shmita, described several places in the Bible (Leviticus 25, for example, where there is a commandment to desist from working the fields in the seventh year). In the strict sense, therefore, sabbatical lasts a year.
The foundational Bible passage for sabbatical concepts is Genesis 2:2-3, in which God rested (literally, "ceased" from his labor) after creating the universe, and it is applied to people (Jew and Gentile, slave and free) and even to beasts of burden in one of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:8-11, reaffirmed in Deuteronomy 5:12-15).
Biblical Sabbath is the origin of the present-day practice of "the weekend", Saturday and Sunday, in which most employees usually do not have scheduled work. Whereas Shabbat (or seventh-day Sabbath) and Christian Sabbath themselves are just one day per week each, both came to be taken off. Among Christians it was considered necessary to do preparatory tasks at home that would permit proper Sabbath observance (i.e., cessation from work) the next day.
In recent times, "sabbatical" has come to mean any extended absence in the career of an individual in order to achieve something. In the modern sense, one takes sabbatical typically to fulfill some goal, e.g., writing a book or traveling extensively for research. Some universities and other institutional employers of scientists, physicians, and/or academics offer the opportunity to qualify for paid sabbatical as an employee benefit, called sabbatical leave. Some companies offer unpaid sabbatical for people wanting to take career breaks; this is a growing trend in the United Kingdom, with 20% of companies having a career break policy, and a further 10% considering introducing one.[1]
In the United States, academic sabbaticals are typically granted by an academic dean only if the faculty member who applies is qualified in terms of consistently high job performance, has demonstrated success in previous research, and possesses a well-conceived, well-planned, and promising research proposal that requires sustained effort. Sabbaticals are not granted automatically and usually are not even scheduled automatically. Provided the faculty applicant is first granted academic tenure, the opportunity to qualify for one's first sabbatical usually comes only after an initial waiting period the length of which may vary. Thereafter, the opportunity to qualify for sabbatical typically follows at seven-year intervals of full-time employment. The most common arrangement is for a half-year at full pay, or a full year at half pay.
In British and Irish students' unions, particularly in higher education institutions, students can be elected to become sabbatical officers of their students' union, either taking a year out of their study (in the academic year following their election) or remaining at the institution for a year following completion of study. Sabbatical officers are usually provided with a living allowance or stipend.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

i didnt read that, but im sure you can trust wiki right?...right??

when the forum was at its darkest GM had his second coming

beautiful

TexasMace

TexasMace

At it's darkest?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

to be fair, we do use pretty dark color pallet

TheGM

TheGM

I'm gone for a couple days and Pussy Milk thinks he can talk the talk of talking? The only drink you are gonna get is a nice tall glass of Ass Whoopin! Wal-Mart has 2, 24 Packs for 10$!

And Don't fiegn Ignorance of my absence. I know ya'll missed me and are trying to act manly enough and no show emotions becuase you think I would make fun of you if you did......And you'd be right!

So what I miss?

Last edited by TheGM on 2011-02-03, 20:49; edited 1 time in total

sheep

sheep

Your absence =P

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You missed a sudden drop in D baggery i dont know why

TheGM

TheGM

sheep wrote:Your absence =P

Or is it?

sheep

sheep

So you didn't miss your absence? You weren't here, so I figured you wouldn't have noticed...

why would GM miss his absence? He's such a happy guy.

sheep

sheep

Eh.

TheGM

TheGM

I am a Happy guy. Call me Mr.Funtime Sun Shine Party Fun guy happyman!

Now do it backwards!

namyppah yug nuF ytraP enihS nuS emitnuF .rM!

Now I can't miss me missing myself now can I? Unless there is another GM outthere from the Ultimate Universe were he got a gritty reboot for today's reader!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

How long did you spend typing that backwards?

sheep

sheep

You make my head hurt.

TheGM

TheGM

Frostbyrn wrote:How long did you spend typing that backwards?

Sorry Sheep, Then again your are a farm animal so shouldn't really understand since you have no soul.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Gm? Will you make me a sammich?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Is this the guy immatating you GM?

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/234/0/c/Deadpool_and_Venom_comic_by_ScarletVulture.jpg

I tried posting that normally, but it was fing huge.

TheGM

TheGM

Towelie wrote:Gm? Will you make me a sammich?

*gets out of shower*

did this towel just talk? Whatever...

*dries nether region off with the flossing motion*

Ummm.....No?

Last edited by TheGM on 2011-02-04, 18:50; edited 1 time in total

Zillah

Zillah

Gm, what would you like on your sammich?

TheGM

TheGM

I dunno....

What do you want on your tombstone?

Im sure he wants something about cheese! I know I do.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum