Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to make your music sound go from ok to fantastic.

+3
Wacco
Chewy
Keyser Söze
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Step 1: Convert all of your music into at least a 256 bitrate (320 is better)
Step 2: stop using ipod earbuds and go get something better
Step 3: Beats by dr. dre suck
Step 4: go get some sennheiser headphones (like the hd 238's) or at least some in ear earbuds
Step 5: ???????
Step 6: Profit because now your music sounds great.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

t-800 wrote:Step 1: Convert all of your music into at least a 256 bitrate (320 is better)

Unless it's already a lower bitrate, in which case you can't improve it by converting to higher qualities. Or just convert/download FLAC files.

t-800 wrote:
Step 2: stop using ipod earbuds and go get something better

Like monitor headphones. Or even better yet, ditch ipod and listen to music when you can concentrate on it and indulge in it's aural pleasures, rather than listening to music 'on the go'.

t-800 wrote:

But are great examples of production QUALITY and MASTERING. If you're truly listening how something sounds sonically, personal taste should take a back seat and the sound should be judged on sonic merits alone, not based on musical preferences.

you an audiophille greg? (that is spelled wrong)

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah if you have low bitrate music converting it to a higher bitrate can really only make it worse. You just gotta get it high quality in the first place.

For headphones I use some Sony MDR-V6's,a little old school but they have perfect sound quality. Only cost around $70 right now which is really good for how good they sound and how comfortable they are . Only problem is the leather earpad things will rip and they cost about $7 an ear to replace.

Chewy wrote:Yeah if you have low bitrate music converting it to a higher bitrate can really only make it worse. You just gotta get it high quality in the first place.

For headphones I use some Sony MDR-V6's,a little old school but they have perfect sound quality. Only cost around $70 right now which is really good for how good they sound and how comfortable they are . Only problem is the leather earpad things will rip and they cost about $7 an ear to replace.
Yah I did screw up there. I meant that you should reconvert your CD's into the higher rate. I would have gotten the MDR's but I wanted something portable.

Wacco

Or get a record player. Problem solved.

Wacco wrote:Or get a record player. Problem solved.
Still need good headphones/speakers.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

t-800 wrote:you an audiophille greg? (that is spelled wrong)

After having spent nearly a thousand Euros on sound card, monitor speakers and monitor headphones, yep, you can say I'm somewhat of an audiophile.

Towelie wrote:

After having spent nearly a thousand Euros on sound card, monitor speakers and monitor headphones, yep, you can say I'm somewhat of an audiophile.
nice so what kind of headphones you got?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yay.
i got some £80+ seinheissers (spelling?) for christmas and they are so epic.

i have to use cheap headphones on the go since i really dont want the nice ones to get killed by overuse and being stored in my pocket.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

t-800 wrote:
Towelie wrote:

nice so what kind of headphones you got?

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/0edf909675b1be4d/

Wacco

t-800 wrote:
Wacco wrote:Or get a record player. Problem solved.
Still need good headphones/speakers.

True, but I just love having a record player. So much better than CD's.

Chewy

Chewy

I only listen to music recorded in water, the purest analogue form.

Zillah

Zillah

Chewy wrote:I only listen to music recorded in water, the purest analogue form.

the fuck, how do you record music in water?

Ante

Ante

Towelie wrote:
t-800 wrote:

But are great examples of production QUALITY and MASTERING. If you're truly listening how something sounds sonically, personal taste should take a back seat and the sound should be judged on sonic merits alone, not based on musical preferences.

Am I really the only one who caught this? Beats are a type of headphone, not his music hahahaha.

TheGM

TheGM

Dr.Dre made one beat back in 1989 and has been using the same beat ever since. He just changes the speed of it and adds a bell or bump here and there.

Don't think it is true......Go look up Death Row's greaest hits.

Whos this Dr Dre?

Ante

Ante

Oh and on-topic...

How to make your music sound go from ok to fantastic. IMG_20110221_200134

Best headphones you can get for 100 bucks, imo. Bose makes some great stuff.

Bose is indeed awesome

Liberty Prime wrote:Oh and on-topic...

How to make your music sound go from ok to fantastic. IMG_20110221_200134

No actually.....

Ante

Ante

t-800 wrote:

snip

No actually.....

How... descriptive? Elaborate? I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

Liberty Prime wrote:
t-800 wrote:

snip

No actually.....

How... descriptive? Elaborate? I don't even know what you're trying to say here.
I am saying just like Beats Bose headphones are overpriced unless you want noise cancelation. I learned this from trying them on at best buy and my time on audiophille (spelled wrong) forums.

Last edited by t-800 on 2011-02-21, 22:32; edited 1 time in total

What was the point of that comment Tom?

Jerry Lundegaard wrote:What was the point of that comment Tom?
Saying they are a steal at $100 is just wrong. That was the point of my comment.

Can you back that up? You know, present facts when qouting someone, telling them they are wrong.

Ante

Ante

Weird Tom, because I don't think you've ever heard anything through my ears and my ears think those Bose headphones sound fantastic.

Its just Tom being Tom I think Ante...

Liberty Prime wrote:Weird Tom, because I don't think you've ever heard anything through my ears and my ears think those Bose headphones sound fantastic.
Did I say they did not sound good? I said that you can get something much better for the price.

t-800 wrote:
Liberty Prime wrote:Weird Tom, because I don't think you've ever heard anything through my ears and my ears think those Bose headphones sound fantastic.
Did I say they did not sound good? I said that you can get something much better for the price.

Like?

Jerry Lundegaard wrote:
t-800 wrote:

Like?
M50: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000UVGI6O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298344526&sr=8-2

Sr-60i: http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-SR-60i-Padded-Headphones/dp/B0006DPMU4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298344586&sr=1-1

k240 Studio: http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Acoustics-K-240-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298344711&sr=1-1

Ante

Ante

t-800 wrote:
Jerry Lundegaard wrote:
t-800 wrote:

Like?
M50: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000UVGI6O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298344526&sr=8-2

Sr-60i: http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-SR-60i-Padded-Headphones/dp/B0006DPMU4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298344586&sr=1-1

k240 Studio: http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Acoustics-K-240-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298344711&sr=1-1

The only one of those I would even consider are the k240's.

You know, I put "IMO" in my post for a reason. This feels like a role reversal, usually I'm the one getting fired up in these situations.

Liberty Prime wrote:
t-800 wrote:
Jerry Lundegaard wrote:
t-800 wrote:

Like?

You know, I put "IMO" in my post for a reason. This feels like a role reversal, usually I'm the one getting fired up in these situations.
You have not been here long then and what is wrong with the other 2?

Ummm ante has been here since the beginning...

Ante

Ante

t-800 wrote:
Liberty Prime wrote:
t-800 wrote:
Jerry Lundegaard wrote:
t-800 wrote:

Like?

You have not been here long then and what is wrong with the other 2?

Scratch that, I wouldn't consider the k240's either.

I just don't want them? For one, I don't like Grado. And as for the other two, studio monitor headphones are huge and usually have cords that are 15 miles long. I like to be able to wear my headphones outside.

You can try to force your opinion of sound quality all you want, I won't budge. These Bose headphones produce the fidelity required for me to enjoy my music 100%.

Zillah

Zillah

to be honest guys, even earbud music sounds pretty good to me.

maybe i just dont know what im missing.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I've never heard a Bose product and been left with a good impression. Highly overrated stuff imo.

Besides, looking purely towards headphones for listening to music seems pointless. Comfort level diminishes after a while when wearing headphones, I don't care what you're using.

Nearfield studio monitors is where it's at. You'll rediscover all your music the moment you listen to some good monitors.

Like hearing something for the first time...

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Liberty Prime wrote:
Towelie wrote:
t-800 wrote:

Am I really the only one who caught this? Beats are a type of headphone, not his music hahahaha.

*facepalm*

Ante

Ante

You also have to consider the fact that I listen to MP3s. I don't bother with vinyls or FLAC or any of that shit. All my music is 320 bit rate. It doesn't matter how good the headphones are, they can't make quality out of something that isn't there.

Zillah

Zillah

I listen to all my music through these two Bose speakers and a sub-woofer. sounds pretty good to me, but what do i know.

Imo Bose makes great home theatre speakers

Wacco

NO GUYS! Tom knows all remember?

Ante

Ante

Eh, alright already. I didn't mean to turn this around on him or anything I just wanted to defend my opinion.

TheGM

TheGM

Wacco wrote:NO GUYS! Tom knows all remember?

WHAT!

*Breaks Bottle over Wacco's head and brandish it*

ALRIGHT LET ME AT HIM! TOM AIN'T TAKING MY JOB!

Honestly statements like this all the time is one of the reason why I left and I do not know all. I just spent almost all of January looking over all of this and wanted to share what i had learned.

(goes back to watching expendables)

Wacco

Sorry man, it's just sometimes the way your comments come off as kind of I-know-all-ish.

Wacco wrote:Sorry man, it's just sometimes the way your comments come off as kind of I-know-all-ish.
It's cool and I only get start arguments like this if I know my shit. (now)

I still dont think you know nearly as much about this subject as you think.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Liberty Prime wrote:You also have to consider the fact that I listen
to MP3s. I don't bother with vinyls or FLAC or any of that shit. All my
music is 320 bit rate. It doesn't matter how good the headphones are,
they can't make quality out of something that isn't there.

True-ish. Even though 320 is still an MP3, it's nowhere near as bad
sound quality as one at 128. There's still a lot to gain from better
headphones or speakers, and besides, let's be realistic here, you can't
possibly own all your music in high quality, you're bound to have some
MP3s.

t-800 wrote:
Honestly
statements like this all the time is one of the reason why I left and I
do not know all. I just spent almost all of January looking over all of
this and wanted to share what i had learned.

(goes back to watching expendables)

You miss the point ol chap. Sitting around a month and reading on good
sound isn't enough, nor is regurgitating opinions found on forums a
real opinion.

Go to a store that sells high end monitors and headphones (and no, I
don't mean fucking Best Buy), and check out some high end equipment.

Chewy

Chewy

Liberty Prime wrote:You also have to consider the fact that I listen to MP3s. I don't bother with vinyls or FLAC or any of that shit. All my music is 320 bit rate. It doesn't matter how good the headphones are, they can't make quality out of something that isn't there.

Unless you have perfect noise cancellation and some really sharp ears I'd say 320 and lossless are about even.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum