We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ordered new computer

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ordered new computer Empty Ordered new computer 2011-03-22, 16:41

Same

Same

So I had spare cash in my bank account (4000 GBP if given a figure) so I order some computer parts to make my own computer. Sadly, I didn't use all the money to make a pretty epic computer and settled with something around 700-800GBP and the specs I have for this is (I want to primarily play SC2 and some other games on a higher settings)

AMD Athlon 3.5Ghz Quad Core
8GB RAM
Radeon HD 5770 (1GB)

Would they suffice for playing on higher settings? I made sure they all work together and the motherboard will have space for it o.o.

Just wondered.

2Ordered new computer Empty Re: Ordered new computer 2011-03-22, 17:37

looks good though the ram is a little to much and intel processers are much better. So what kind of motherboard did you get an monitor?

3Ordered new computer Empty Re: Ordered new computer 2011-03-22, 17:45

Same

Same

Well yeah, I would of bought an I7 or something but they are a little expensive compared to the AMD processors and I need to save up money for other stuff.

moniter = my 42 inch HD TV.

Motherboard ish.. (I don't know why I picked it either)
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/46786/Asus-motherboard-M4A87TD-USB3

4Ordered new computer Empty Re: Ordered new computer 2011-03-22, 17:50

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

That does sound pretty sweet. Wish I could afford a new computer....

5Ordered new computer Empty Re: Ordered new computer 2011-03-22, 17:51

Boxxy wrote:Well yeah, I would of bought an I7 or something but they are a little expensive compared to the AMD processors and I need to save up money for other stuff.

I7 for the most part is a waste of money. You should have gotten an I5. Things are not going to be very clear on the tv and you will most likely not be able to run games on very high setting with that GPU. (I could be wrong on that last part but I believe that it is much harder to output to a 42 in TV then a 17 in monitor.

6Ordered new computer Empty Re: Ordered new computer 2011-03-22, 17:52

The Terrinator wrote:That does sound pretty sweet. Wish I could afford a new computer....
We all do man.

7Ordered new computer Empty Re: Ordered new computer 2011-03-22, 19:49

Same

Same

t-800 wrote:
Boxxy wrote:Well yeah, I would of bought an I7 or something but they are a little expensive compared to the AMD processors and I need to save up money for other stuff.

I7 for the most part is a waste of money. You should have gotten an I5. Things are not going to be very clear on the tv and you will most likely not be able to run games on very high setting with that GPU. (I could be wrong on that last part but I believe that it is much harder to output to a 42 in TV then a 17 in monitor.

Oh I am getting a 17 IN monitor or so sometime.. well two of them so I can have more on it but my TV is going to be there for now and my GPU can run it on high settings. Older models can run SC2 on Extreme no lag and most other games on just below the highest settings so I am sure mine should be able to do the same at the very least. My benchmark for graphics settings has to be atleast above the normal settings o.o

8Ordered new computer Empty Re: Ordered new computer 2011-03-22, 21:07

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

i have an ATI Radion HD 4600 and i can run Gmod on high and GTA IV on High if that helps

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum